Features, usage and installation instructions are summarised on the homepage.
What Packages Are Available?
brew searchfor a list.
- Or visit braumeister.org to browse packages online.
- Or use
brew search --descto browse packages from the command line.
man brew or check our documentation.
First, please run
brew update and
Second, read the Troubleshooting Checklist.
If you don't read these it will take us far longer to help you with your problem.
Please report security issues to [email protected]
This is our PGP key which is valid until June 17, 2016.
- Key ID:
C657 8F76 2E23 441E C879 EC5C E33A 3D3C CE59 E297
- Full key: https://keybase.io/homebrew/key.asc
Who Are You?
Homebrew is a non-profit project run entirely by unpaid volunteers. We need your funds to pay for software, hardware and hosting around continuous integration and future improvements to the project. Every donation will be spent on making Homebrew better for our users.
Homebrew is a member of the Software Freedom Conservancy which provides us with an ability to receive tax-deductible, Homebrew earmarked donations (and many other services). Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in New York, and donations made to it are fully tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- Donate with PayPal
- Donate by USA $ check from a USA bank:
- Make check payable to "Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc." and place "Directed donation: Homebrew" in the memo field. Checks should then be mailed to:
- Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc.
137 Montague ST STE 380
BROOKLYN, NY 11201 USA
- Donate by wire transfer: contact [email protected] for wire transfer details.
- Donate with Flattr or PayPal Giving Fund: coming soon.
Our CI infrastructure was paid for by our Kickstarter supporters.
Our CI infrastructure is hosted by The Positive Internet Company.
Our bottles (binary packages) are hosted by Bintray.
Homebrew is a member of the Software Freedom Conservancy