Android Kotlin starter project
To show possibilities and good practices using Kotlin language.
Application connects to SpaceX API to download 3 types of data:
- SpaceX rocket fleet
- Upcoming flights
- Past events
Data is presented with generic adapter approach and is saved in the database.
Clicking on each item navigates user to a browser to read more information on the Web.
Use swipe-down gesture to refresh downloaded data.
Click on top-right button to change between Light Mode and Dark Mode.
- MVVM architecture
- Retrofit - for networking
- Gson converter - for JSON parsing
- ObjectBox - for NoSQL database
- Koin - for service locator pattern implementation
- Glide - for image loading
- Timber - for logging
- Android Architecture Components (LiveData, ViewModel classes) - for observer pattern and MVVM implementation
- Kotlin coroutines - to manage threads gracefully
- Kotlin View Binding - to ease connection with XML code
- Generic adapter - to use single adapter for multiple object types