Teamtreehouse and it's great teachers will help you to have a great start in dev/des.
Other than that, you can have a "weekly dose of internet, where they talk about web design, web development and more" ( :-D ), and a lot more in Bonus Content.(I Personally find Exercise Your Creative quite fascinating)
Purpose of repo
The Treehouse Show is full of helpful resources. For example, if you're looking for a blog post about responsive design, go ahead and do ctrl+f or command+f on your keyboard and type in responsive design.
How to Contribute
If you feel like being awesome, please do [Contribute](https://github.com/MHM5000/TreehouseShow /wiki/Contribution "Contribute"). If you have any idea for this repo, just do it!
One more note
It's been more than a year since the first episode; You may run into broken links. If you do find one, then please do let me know in the issues section.
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114
Ep2: Retinafy Your Website
- Retina JS
- How to Retinafy Your Website
- CSS3 PS: A CSS3 Photoshop Plugin
- Sublime Text 2 Tips for Beginners
Ep3: Rails 4 and OS X Mountain Lion
- Sprite Cow
- OS X Mountain Lion Review
- Tiny PNG
- Phusion Passenger Updates
- Icon Monstr
Ep4: LAMP on Mountain Lion
- Speed Limit
- RWD Bookmarklet
- Add Notifications to Your Web App
- iOS Image Optimization Tricks
- Install Apache, MySQL, and PHP, on Mountain Lion
- UI Parade
- Subtle Patterns
- Can I Use
- HTML5 Shim vs IE9 Emulation Mode
- Safari, Chrome Ship Proposed High-Resolution Image Solution
- Bootstrap 2.1.0 Released
- Date Picker for Bootstrap
- JS Reload
Ep7: Web Development Tips
- Typing Practice for Programmers
- 5 Design Tricks FaceBook Uses to Affect Your Privacy Decisions
- Free Python Books
- Some Web Development Tips
- Complex navigation patterns for responsive design
Ep8: Writing Markdown
- Thinking Async
- Automatic Conditional Retina Images
- jQuery Pictures
Ep9: HTML5 Boilerplate
- What The Key Code
- HTML5 Biolerplate 4.0
- HTML5 Boilerplate Changelog
- Firefox Beta 16
- Tomorrow Theme
Ep10: jQuery Fundamentals
- jQuery Fundamentals
- This is Responsive
- Total Spaces
- Underscore CLI
- Modern UI Icons
Ep11: Moment.js and HTML5
- jQuery joyride
- Emmet for sublime
- USA Today beta
- iPhone 5 web site teardown
- Fresco JS
- 7 html5 features you might not know
- CSS Values
Ep12: Web Platform
- flowplayer 5
- Cutting the Mustard
- IE for Mac
- Dom Monster
- Source Code Pro
Ep13: LLJS, Navicons, and Framework Fights
- The Semantic, Responsive Navicon
- PHP The Right Way
- Framework Fight!
- Setting Up My Perfect Developer Environment on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion (DP3 Edition)
- Firefox 16 Released
- 8 ways to make your single-page web app faster
- CSS FilterLab
Ep15: Adaptive Images and Responsive SVGs
- Adaptive Images
- Snappy Dashboards with Redis
- Responsive SVGs
- How to Customize Your Command Prompt
Ep16: Simple CSS Grids
- Simple Grid
- Time Goes Responsive
- Powerful Command Line Tools For Developers
- CSS 3D Dropdown
- A Newb Guide to Git
Ep17: Bootstrap, relogo, and Alfred
Ep18: Backbone.js, Responsive Background Images, and HTML5 APIs
- Noise Texture Generator
- 5 More HTML5 APIs You Didn't Know Existed
- Responsive Background Images
- Sequel Pro
- Editable for Bootstrap
- What Every Programmer Absolutely, Positively Needs To Know About Encodings And Character Sets To Work With Text
- Backbone Memory Management Techniques
- Brand identity style guides from around the world
- Datepicker for Bootstrap
- Creating Your Own Sublime Text 2 Plugin
- Crumble - jQuery Feature Tours
- 18 Useful Twitter Bootstrap Goodies You Should Know
- Must Have Git Aliases: Advanced Examples
Ep21: HTML5 Mobile Apps
- Anatomy of a Native Feeling HTML5 iOS App
- Changing Times For Web Developers – 6 Tips You Should Read To Survive
- Adapting your Webkit Optimized Site for Internet Explorer 10
- Colour Schemes
- Code smells in CSS
Ep22: Explaining CSS and Landing Pages
- CSS Explain
- Lorem Pixel
- The Node Beginner Book
- A 50-Point Checklist For Creating The Ultimate Landing Page
Ep23: Writing Error Messages, Navigation, and Documentation
- The 4 H's of Writing Error Messages
- Performance Calendar
- BERG Cloud Buttons
- Focal Point
- All you need to know about CSS transitions
- Designing a responsive, retina ready site
- 20 Hottest Trends To Watch Out For In 2013
Ep25: Web Developer Checklists
- How To Deal With Vendor Prefixes
- Web Developer Checklist
- Gradient Scanner
- Web Interface Lab
Ep26: jQuery Releases, Favicons and CSS Optimization
- Easing Functions Cheat Sheet
- jQuery 1.9 Released
- Maki Icons
- Understand the Favicon
- Using the HTML title attribute
Ep27: Triangles, Sublime Text Plugins and HTML5 Geolocation
- Using the HTML5 Geolocation API
- CSS triangle generator
- So You’re Going To Start A Huge New Web Project
- My Top 10 Sublime Text Plugins
- Shadow DOM 101
Ep28: Collapsing Headers, Icon Fonts, and More
- How To Create a Simple Collapsing Header Effect
- Trello uses an icon font and so can you
Ep29: SVG Hacking
- A Primer to Front-end SVG Hacking
- Labels in Input Fields
Ep30: CSS and Frameworks w/ guest Ryan Carson
- Using the main element
- Character Entity Reference Chart
- There Is No Breakpoint | Sparkbox
- How To Design For Android Devices
- 55+ Great and Useful Tools for Responsive Web Design
- The progress element | HTML5 Doctor
- Interactive Guide to Blog Typography
- Threesixty-slider by creativeaura
- Step-By-Step Landing Page Copywriting | Nathan Barry
- jQuery Learning Center
- The Web Font Combinator | A Web Typography Tool
- Icons DB - free custom icons
Ep32: SVGs, Dropdowns, and HTML5 Form Elements
- SPOILER ALERT!
- Breaking down Amazon’s mega dropdown - Ben Kamens
- How to lose weight (in the browser)
- HTML5 forms input types | HTML5 Doctor
- Genericons - a free, GPL, flexible icon font for blogs!
- devref | HTTP Header Analyzer
Ep33: Web Typography, CSS Patterns and Simple Icons
- Typeplate » A typographic starter kit encouraging great type on the Web
- HTML's New Template Tag: standardizing client-side templating - HTML5 Rocks
- CSS3 Patterns Gallery
- Gumby - A Flexible, Responsive CSS Framework - Powered by Sass
- SVGeezy - a JS plugin for SVG fallbacks
- Simple Icons
- Mobile Emulation - Chrome Developer Tools — Google Developers
Ep34: Accessibility, CSS Architecture, and Web Printing
- Pixi.js the 2D webGL and canvas renderer released on github — goodboy©
- Intro.js | A better way for new feature introduction and step-by-step users guide
- CSS Architectures: New Best Practices
- Desant - Open source landing pages
- Printing The Web | drublic
- Color Oracle
- Pull Quotes with HTML5 and CSS — miekd
- jQuery Pin
- Using SVG | CSS-Tricks
- DevTools Extensions For Web App Developers
- Almost Flat UI
- Practical Tips from Top WordPress Pros
- Zurb Foundation 4
Ep36: Sidebar Menus and Icon Stacks
- ququplay/jquery-mobile-flat-ui-theme · GitHub
- Sidr - A jQuery plugin for creating side menus
- Lungo - HTML5 Cross-Device Framework
- Conor Muirhead // Designer
- Select2 3.3.2
- Tear-able Cloth on CodePen
Ep37: Sublime Text 2 and Login Forms
- Login and Registration Form with HTML5 and CSS3 | Codrops
- xyCSS.com : xy.css
- CSS @supports
- Setting up Sublime Text 2 | Alex MacCaw
- Metrize Icons • 300 Icons for Designers & Developers
- CSS Masking - HTML5 Rocks
- jQuery Best Practices - CodeProject
- csscss by zmoazeni
- digitalBush » Masked Input Plugin
- Cypher by djave-co
Ep39: HTML Video and the Web as a Gaming Platform
- Cross browser compatible HTML5 videos | CatsWhoCode.com
- Mozilla is Unlocking the Power of the Web as a Platform for Gaming | The Mozilla Blog
- jQuery 2.0 Released | Official jQuery Blog
- jQuery Builder
- shame.css – CSS Wizardry – CSS, OOCSS, front-end architecture, performance and more, by Harry Roberts
- User Inter Faces
- Single page apps in depth (a.k.a. Mixu' single page app book)
- Responsive Multi-Level Menu | Codrops
Ep40: iTunes Scrolling and Mobile Shelving
- Quick 'n dirty iTunes 11 style scroller - CodePen
- Pure CSS Peeling Sticky - CodePen
- Package Managers: An Introductory Guide For The Uninitiated Front-End Developer - Tech.Pro
- Niice. A search engine with taste.
- jakiestfu/Snap.js · GitHub
Ep41: Reflections, Mobile Typography and Responsive Images
- BetterToggle jQuery Plugin
- Creating Realistic Reflections On Animated Glossy Elements
- Drawscript - convert Illustrator shapes into code
- Fullscreen Layout with Page Transitions | Codrops
- How To Customize Your CSS Buttons With Pictogram Icons | DesignWoop
- Typography in Mobile Design: Important Aspects and Examples - Designmodo
- estelle/clowncar · GitHub
- The Flattening of Design - NYTimes.com
Ep42: Flat UI Colors, Don't do's with jQuery and Usability
- Flat UI Colors
- 5 Things You Should Stop Doing With jQuery | Flippin' Awesome
- ScriptCraft/docs/YoungPersonsGuideToProgrammingMinecraft.md at master · walterhiggins/ScriptCraft . GitHub
- Framer - Prototyping Tool
- Usability checklist | Userium | Catch common usability problems before user testing.
- Handy Sass Mixins - Web Design Weekly
Ep43: SVG and Icon Fonts, Typography and CSS Sliders
- hull, Reconciling SVG and Icon Fonts
- Ui Parade - Live Tools
- Avoiding Unnecessary Paints - HTML5 Rocks
- Typeplate » A typographic starter kit encouraging great type on the Web
- Slider with Sliding Backgrounds | CSS-Tricks
- ClippyJS - Add Clippy or his friends to any website for instant nostalgia
Ep44: HTML5 Features, Responsive CSS Modules and Sass
- Movies in Color
- 5 HTML5 Features you need to know – Adnane Belmadiaf's Blog
- Popcorn.js | The HTML5 Media Framework
- Sass Style Guide | CSS-Tricks
- Principles of Flat Design - Designmodo
- Starters Guide to iOS Design
Ep45: UX, Sitemaps and JS Tours
- SIX UX
- How to keep up to date on Front-End Technologies - The Recipe
- Gif Countdown - Real time updating countdown with automatic time zone detection.
- SlickMap CSS — A Visual Sitemapping Tool for Web Developers - Astuteo™
- least.js - Random & Responsive HTML 5, CSS3 Gallery with LazyLoad
- Free Responsive Testing Tool - Dimensions
Ep46: Responsive Images and HTML5 Form Inputs
- Midway.js | Automatically center responsive elements! | A project by Shipp Co.
- Say Goodbye to Painful Image Loads on Small Devices. Say Hello to Interchange. by ZURB
- A Guide to the New HTML5 Form Input Types
- Yes, you really can make complex webapps responsive
- Ughck. Images. - daverupert.com
Ep47: Dev Tool Secrets
- Secrets of the Browser Developer Tools - Secrets
- iOS7 GUI PSD | Teehan+Lax
- simple statistics
- magic css3 animations
- Creative Button Styles | Codrops
Ep48: Tablet friendly design, good ui, gif.js
- A Couple of Best Practices for Tablet-Friendly Design | CSS-Tricks
- PortKit: UX Metaphor Equivalents for iOS & Android
- Lunatech Blog: What every web developer must know about URL encoding
- Native Form Elements
- Prepros :: Compile less, sass, scss, compass, stylus, cofffeescript, jade, haml, slim and markdown with live browser refresh.
- Real Shadow: Photorealistic Shadows
Ep49: App Store Screenshots, Regular Expressions, Programming Fonts
- Designing App Store “screenshots” by Travis Jeffery of 37signals
- Forecast Font
- Style Guide Boilerplate
- AngularJS: an Overview - Glenn Stovall
- CSS filters, GIFs, and performance — What I Learned Building… — Medium
- Slant - What are the best programming fonts?
Ep50: OAuth, Canvas, Dev Tools
- Meet the Ipsums
- Webflow - Design Responsive Websites Visually
- OAuth.io - OAuth that just works.
- Stylie. A graphical CSS animation tool.
- 9 Mind-Blowing Canvas Demos
- CSS Zen Garden: The Beauty in CSS Design
- Chrome DevTools Revolutions 2013 - HTML5 Rocks
- Macaw | The code-savvy web design tool.
- Test Responsive Web Design With Our Free Tool - Dimensions App
- SassMeister | The Sass Playground!
- Typer from LayerVault
- Element Index | HTML5 Doctor
Ep52: Reactive Programming, CSS Spacing, Image Loading
- Ractive.js - next-generation DOM manipulation
- MockUPhone - One Click to Wrap App Screenshots in Device Mockup!
- tracing-framework by Google
- Your app makes me fat — Serious Pony
- Spacing The Bottom of Modules | CSS-Tricks
- BARREL | Taking Control of Image Loading
Ep53: The ClassList API, CSS Frameworks, Animation
- The classList API | HTML5 Doctor
- Animated Books with CSS 3D Transforms - Demo 1
- Animated GIFs the Hard Way
- KineticJS HTML5 Canvas Framework
- Skeuocard by kenkeiter
- Cross Site Request Forgery in JS Web Apps
Ep54: jQuery Plugins, Autoprefixer, CSS sprites
- The Responsinator
- jQuery Boilerplate
- Glue — glue 0.3 documentation
- Cardinal — Build more with less.
- Google Nexus Website Menu | Codrops
- Salvattore — A jQuery Masonry alternative with CSS-driven configuration.
- FT Fastclick | FT Labs
- Subtle Patterns | Free textures for your next web project.
- FlowType.JS — Responsive web typography at its finest: font-size and line-height based on element width.
- AdminJS: The Backend-Agnostic Administration Framework
- Responsive Images with Apropos
- 1pxdeep | A flat Bootstrap 3 theme that changes color
- Tridiv | CSS 3D Editor
- The iOS 7 Design Cheat Sheet - Ivo Mynttinen / User Interface Designer
Ep56: Node.js, CSS Buttons, PNG Compression
- Type Hunting
- Random User Generator
- An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Node.js
- Buttons - A CSS button library built with Sass and Compass
- Compress PNG Images Online
- Blind - A 1X Web Browser for Retina Displays - Mac OS X
- Formstone / Ben Plum
Ep57: CSS3 Multiple Backgrounds, Ember.js, Favicons
- explainshell.com - match command-line arguments to their help text
- Introducing CSS3 Multiple Backgrounds | Developer Drive
- Ember.js - Ember 1.0 Released
- favico.js - Make a use of your favicon
- iOS Dev Tools
- UIBox - Tag: typeahead
Ep58: The Main Element, jQuery CLNDR, Keystrokes
- The main element | HTML5 Doctor
- HandJS - Home
- Height equals width with pure CSS
- Git Tips For Beginners Interested In Open Source
- Why cards are the future of the web | Inside Intercom
- Formbuilder.js by dobtco
- Formance.js by Omar Shammas
- Photon | CSS 3D Lighting Engine
- json.human.js - Json Formatting for Human Beings
- Pattern Lab
- Safari Push Notifications - Apple Developer
- D3.js - Data-Driven Documents
Ep60: CSS Animations, CSS Sprites, Form Building
- animo.js • Labs by Big Room Studios
- Formbuilder.js by dobtco
- Easily Remove Image Backgrounds Online - Clipping Magic
- WebGL Filter
Ep61: Request Autocomplete, Navicons, CSS Preprocessing
- requestAutocomplete - take my money, not my time - HTML5 Rocks
- Navicon Transformicons
- Prerender - AngularJS SEO, BackboneJS SEO, or EmberJS SEO
- ProCSSor - Advanced CSS Prettifier
- jonathanstark/FastActive · GitHub
- Optimizing UI icons for faster recognition « Boxes and Arrows
- benweet/stackedit · GitHub
Ep62: CSS Position: fixed-sticky, Flexbox, Google Web Designer
CSS position:sticky is really in its infancy in terms of browser support. In stock browsers, it is currently only available in iOS 6. In Chrome you can enable it by navigating to chrome://flags and enabling experimental “WebKit features” or “Web Platform features” (Canary).
The ultimate framework for building and validating responsive HTML5 forms.
Keyboard navigation has a major downside: it’s not clear where the focus moves upon pressing the Tab key. Animation makes the transition more apparent.
Eliminates layout thrashing by batching DOM read/write operations
A showcase of problems once hard or impossible to solve with CSS alone, now made trivially easy with Flexbox.
Create engaging, interactive HTML5-based designs and motion graphics that can run on any device.
Full Screen Mario is a fully HTML5 remake of the original Super Mario Brothers. You can play the original levels, play through some of literally millions of possible random maps, or create your own using the level editor. This whole project is open source and free.
Ep63: Responsive Design, Rich Text Editing, Squircles
A simple well designed hub to access Responsive Design resources.
An intuitive editor for web content which does not presuppose anything about how it will be rendered.
Over 200 easy to use CSS3 Icons. It will reduce the http Requests for you, too.
Great resources on how to learn working with git.
How to make SQUIRCLES. Learn easy by TheCodePlayer.com
Build large client-side applications in a structured way.
Super Mario in Fullscreen
Polymer is a new type of library for the web, built on top of Web Components, and designed to leverage the evolving web platform on modern browsers.
Ep64: Touchscreen UI events, Sprite and checkbox animation, Lo-Dash
It removes the delay that happen when you touch an element on page with your touch-screen device.
Animation and SVG used for checkbox/radio
A utility library delivering consistency, customization, performance, & extras. You will find it pretty fascenating if you've used Undescore.js .
Circletype.js is a tiny (2.7kb) jQuery plugin that lets you set type on a circle
TRANSITION NUMBERS WITH EASE
A huge list of frontend development resources I collected over time. Pull requests are welcome. Website coming soon.
This awesome List that YOU are scrolling right now! Thanks Treehouse. ;)
Ep65: Contrast Ratio, Favicons, Offline Web Apps
A great tool for Contrast Ratio
Favicon Generator. For real.
A great icon font Licensed under MIT.
A great read on RWD.
Improve the experience of your app when your users lose connection.
Snazzy Maps is a repository of different color schemes for Google Maps aimed towards web designers and developers.
Free UI Kits built on Bootstrap for any developer that wants to build a cool looking and functional website. Enjoy!
Format user input to match a specified pattern
A JQUERY PLUGIN FOR SVG PATH ANIMATION
A great read on Creating Non-Rectangular Layouts with CSS Shapes.
A simple plugin that "sticks" an element to the top of the browser window while scrolling past it, always keeping it in view.
Creating responsive pie charts for any device is a piece of pie.
A good read on RWD in Emails.
Building an amazing fullscreen mobile experience.
Make your Payment forms a little better.
Live editing WebGL shaders with Firefox Developer Tools
A good read on Typography.
THE ULTIMATE FLEXBOX CHEAT SHEET
5 advanced techniques which web developers can use to reduce the time they spend debugging and squash challenging bugs by using new tools available to us
A tutorial on how to create an interesting animated 3D opening type effect with pseudo-elements, CSS transforms and transitions.
A collection of helpful snippets to use inside of browser devtools
Choose the right color for your designs.
A jQuery plugin for empowering footnotes.
Blueprints For Web And Print.
An advanced jQuery plugin that wraps the Google Maps API's Geocoding and Places Autocomplete services.
Fold the DOM like paper.
Canvas and designing.
Drop-in script to make your tables sortable.
Alignment and sizing
Ep70: URL Rewriting, Responsive Emails, QR Codes
Easily make résumé out of your github.
Helps you write faster than ever.
Quickly create responsive HTML emails that work on any device & client. Even Outlook.
Make QRCode with js.
HTML meter Element
Prism is a lightweight, extensible syntax highlighter, built with modern web standards in mind.
A collection of separator styles for horizontally dividing sections on a website.
Ep71: Animated GIFs for Documentation, Chrome DevTools for Mobile, Grunt
A good article on Creating Animated GIFs for Documentation
Chrome DevTools for Mobile
If you think Grunt is hard, just read this Article!
Design gorgeous buttons using progressively enhanced VML and CSS.
Give your pages some headroom. Hide your header until you need it.
A new way to see Responsive Web Development.
A jQuery plugin for extracting dominant colors from images and applying it to its parent.
Ep72: Dynamic Tables, Progress Button Styles, Spinkit
Dynatable is a funner, semantic, interactive table plugin using jQuery, HTML5, and JSON. And it's not just for tables.
Creative effects for loading buttons
Remove touch delay.
A collection of loading indicators animated with CSS
jQuery Audit is a Chrome Developer Tools extension for auditing jQuery.
Freestyle is a simple, powerful way to define the look and feel of your app, via structured CSS and Sass.
is a drop-in library that allows your users to zoom in on (almost) any element on your existing page. No setup, arbitrary styling.
Ep73: Sprite Generation, Native HTML5 Apps, Color Schemes
The Sprite Generator (beta) - Unlimited frames, high FPS, full control.
Develop, emulate, test-on-device and build apps like never before.
A nicer color palette for the web.
Check for web accessibility errors from Ruby
Awesome interactive globes for the web
A collection of CSS3 powered hover effects to be applied to call to actions, buttons, logos, featured images and so on.