A complete rewrite of the popular, original Oxide API and Lua plugin framework. Previously only available for the legacy Rust game, Oxide now supports numerous games. Oxide’s focus is on modularity and extensibility. The core is highly abstracted and loosely coupled, and could be used to mod any game that uses the .NET Framework.
Support for each game and plugin language is added via extensions. When loading, Oxide scans the binary folder for DLL extensions. Core extension filenames are formatted as
Oxide.Game.Name.dll, with community extensions formatted as
Official Core Extensions
- Oxide.Core.CSharp - _Allows plugins written in CSharp) to be loaded_
- Oxide.Core.Lua - Allows plugins written in Lua to be loaded
- Oxide.Core.MySql - Allows plugins to access a MySQL database
- Oxide.Core.Python - Allows plugins written in [Python](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python(programminglanguage)) to be loaded
- Oxide.Core.SQLite - Allows plugins to access a SQLite database
- Oxide.Core.Unity - Provides support for Unity powered games
Supported Game Extensions
- Oxide.Game.Blockstorm - Provides support for the Blockstorm server
- Oxide.Game.GangBeasts - Provides support for the Gang Beasts server
- Oxide.Game.Hurtworld - Provides support for the Hurtworld server
- Oxide.Game.Nomad - Provides support for the Nomad server
- Oxide.Game.ReignOfKings - Provides support for the Reign of Kings server
- Oxide.Game.Rust - Provides support for the new Rust server
- Oxide.Game.RustLegacy - Provides support for the old Rust Legacy server
- Oxide.Game.SevenDays - Provides support for the 7 Days to Die server
- Oxide.Game.Terraria - Provides support for the Terraria server
- Oxide.Game.TheForest - Provides support for The Forest server
- Oxide.Game.Unturned - Provides support for the Unturned server
Oxide is free, open source software distributed under the MIT License. We accept and encourage contributions from our community, and sometimes give cookies in return.
While we recommend using one of the official release builds, you can compile your own builds if you’d like. Keep in mind that only official builds are supported by the Oxide team and community. Good luck!
Clone the repo
https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide.git(recommended) or download and extract the latest zip archive.
Download and install Visual Studio 2015 or 2017 (community is free, but any edition will work) if you do not have it installed already.
Oxide.slnsolution file in Visual Studio 2015 or 2017.
Build the solution. If you get errors, you’re likely not using the latest Visual Studio 2015 or 2017; which is required as Oxide uses some C# 6.0 features.
Copy the files from the
Bundlesdirectory for your game of choice to your server installation, then just start the server!
- The best place to start with plugin development is the official API documentation.
- Still need help? Search our community forums or create a new thread if needed.
- Got an idea or suggestion? Use the community forums to share and discuss it.
- Troubleshoot issues you run into on the community forums so everyone can help and reference it later.
- File detailed issues on GitHub (version number, what you did, and actual vs expected outcomes).
- Want Oxide and plugins for your favorite game? Hook us up and we’ll see what we can do!
Reporting Security Issues
Please disclose security issues responsibly by emailing [email protected] with a full description. We’ll work on releasing an updated version as quickly as possible. Please do not email non-security issues; use the forums or issue tracker instead.