nyan - yet another notation
just make it meta-meta-meta.
nyan is a data description language, It is a mixture of python, json, patch, java, wml, yaml and some new ideas.
It stores hierarchical objects with key-value pairs in a database with the key idea that changes in a parent affect all children.
We created nyan because there existed no suitable language to properly represent the enormous complexity of storing the data for openage.
The main focus is readability and moddability.
Thanks for the endless hours of funny discussions and thoughts about the design to all contributors.
The foundation of nyan:
|GNU Autocancer||Build “system”|
|Humans||Doing it wrong all the time|
Current State of the Project
- [X] The specification is complete but being fine-tuned
- [X] The parser and typechecker is fully functional
- [ ] Database queries and the C++ API
Dependencies, Building and Running
How do I get this to install on my box?
- See doc/building.md.
- spams all kinds of shit on the screen
- my girlfriend dumped me because I debugged for nights
All of those observations are intended, not bugs.
To turn them off, compile with
--dont-segfault --no-errors --new-girlfriend.
The documentation is also in this repo:
- Code documentation is embedded in the sources for Doxygen (see doc readme).
- Have a look at the doc directory. This folder tends to outdate when code changes.
Most of the developers hang around on our IRC channel (
Do not hesitate to ping us, we might not see your message otherwise.
For all technical discussion (ideas, problems, …), use the issue tracker! It’s like a mailing list.
If it’s a problem with the usage of nyan in openage, head over there.
We know that probably nobody is ever gonna look at the
but if you want to contribute code to nyan, please take the time to
skim through it and add yourself to the authors list.