Eliot: Logging for Complex & Distributed Systems
.. image:: https://travis-ci.org/ScatterHQ/eliot.png?branch=master :target: http://travis-ci.org/ScatterHQ/eliot :alt: Build Status
Eliot is a Python logging system that outputs causal chains of actions happening within and across process boundaries: a logical trace of the system’s operation.
Eliot was originally created by ClusterHQ and is maintained by Itamar Turner-Trauring and others, under the Apache 2.0 License.
PyPI, read the
documentation, file bugs at
Need help? Join the
#eliot IRC channel on
$ pip install eliot
- Structured, optionally-typed log messages and actions.
- Logged actions can span processes and threads.
- Excellent support for unit testing your code’s logging.
- Optional Twisted support.
- Native journald support, easily usable by Logstash/Elasticsearch.
- Supports CPython 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and PyPy.
.. _PEP 8: http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/ .. _Twisted: https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/coding-standard.html .. _documentation: https://eliot.readthedocs.org/ .. _Github: https://github.com/ClusterHQ/eliot .. _PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/eliot .. _eliot-tree: https://warehouse.python.org/project/eliot-tree/