Scroll to the bottom for installation instructions.
A sample inventory tracking realtime single page app built with SocketCluster (http://socketcluster.io/), Google’s Polymer (v1.0) Framework and RethinkDB. It demonstrates a way of building realtime apps.
All code for the server-side worker logic is linked from worker.js - It’s mostly generic so feel free to reuse/modify for your own app or you can use this app as a base to build yours if starting from scratch.
Aside from SocketCluster, Polymer and RethinkDB, this sample app uses the following modules:
- sc-collection (https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-collection -
bower install sc-collection --save)
- sc-field (https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-field -
bower install sc-field --save)
- sc-crud-rethink (https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-crud-rethink -
npm install sc-crud-rethink --save)
This sample app aims to demonstrate all the cutting edge features that one might want when building a realtime single page app including:
- Authentication (via JWT tokens)
- Access control using backend middleware
- Reactive data binding
- Realtime REST-like interface
- Pagination with realtime updates
This is still work in progress. Keep in mind that this app is optimized for cutting-edgeness, not for backwards compatibility with older browsers :p
To make the most of this demo, you should open the web app in two different tabs/windows/browsers and make updates to the data in realtime.
To run this sample:
- Make sure you have Git installed (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git)
- Make sure you have Node.js installed (http://nodejs.org/)
- Make sure you have RethinkDB installed (https://www.rethinkdb.com/)
git clone https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-sample-inventory.git
- Navigate to the sc-sample-inventory/ directory
npm install(no arguments)
- Make sure you have bower installed, if not:
npm install -g bower
bower install(no arguments)
sudo rethinkdb(in a different terminal or in the background - Make sure RethinkDB stays running)
- In your browser, go to