Miscellaneous scripts for jenkins
- Jenkins groovy script to convert Maven projects that use JDK 1.6 to freestyle projects.
- Jenkins > 1.609 no longer supports JDK 1.6 and neither do Maven projects - in fact, all Maven projects run on whatever JDK version the server runs.
- Does not use the REST API, works directly with jenkins by retrieving and modifying job XML live
What it does:
- Moves old jobs out of the way and creates new ones using the old name
- Keeps the XML unchanged except:
- moves all prebuilders to builders (unchanged)
- moves maven main step to builders, losing some settings that are not supported in a maven build step.
- moves all postbuilders to builders (unchanged)
- keeps publishers and everything else unchanged.
- Create a job with an "Execute System Groovy Script" step. Paste in the code or use git directly.
- Job must run on master (if you remove file archiving you can run it on slaves)
- Read the top of the comments in script for build parameters
- Run in DRY_RUN mode and review workspace xml (old and new). If changes look good, run for real.