Setup your own OpenVPN server in ~30 seconds! and secure your naked internet connections before it is too late.
I would like to dedicate this project for a free man who has been detained in prison since March 15th 2012 Bassel khartabil
Pick a new cheap server, CPU and Memory does not really matter Cloud providers are awesome for this setup
Use the one-liner script (Server):
curl -L https://git.io/pdTu | sh
This will take care about setting up the Server for you, and generates the client config files for you at the following paths:
The client config files are actually
Identical, But some OpenVPN clients requires different file extension.
- Install OpenVPN client your machine.
- Copy the client configurations file
client.ovpnand import it to your favorite OpenVPN client.
- Server supports up to 3 connected clients, assuming you use it on your Laptop, Smart-Phone and Tablet.
Supported Operating Systems (Tested):
- Build Docker image for Server
- Build Docker image for client and route client connections through the container
- Pipe-line the project to Travis-ci for continous testing
- Add Support for other platforms: Centos, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Archlinux, Gentoo
- Add Multi-Client support
- Improve the README
- Fork and submit pull requests
- For new features or refactoring make sure all kitchen tests pass on all platforms
- You can run the tests:
cd cookbooks/openvpn/ kitchen verify -c 6