Yeoman generator that scaffolds out a front-end web app.
- CSS Autoprefixing (new)
- Built-in preview server with LiveReload
- Automagically compile CoffeeScript & Compass
- Automagically lint your scripts
- Automagically wire up your Bower components with bower-install.
- Awesome Image Optimization (via OptiPNG, pngquant, jpegtran and gifsicle)
- Mocha Unit Testing with PhantomJS
- Optional - Twitter Bootstrap for SASS
- Optional - Leaner Modernizr builds (new)
For more information on what
generator-webapp can do for you, take a look at the Grunt tasks used in our
npm install -g generator-webapp
gruntfor building and
grunt servefor preview
Skips the automatic execution of
npm after scaffolding has finished.
mocha. Can be switched for another supported testing framework like
Add support for CoffeeScript.
See the contributing docs
Note: We are regularly asked whether we can add or take away features. If a change is good enough to have a positive impact on all users, we are happy to consider it.
generator-webapp is fork-friendly and you can always maintain a custom version which you
npm install && npm link to continue using via
yo webapp or a name of your choosing.