The app includes Select2 driven Django Widgets and Form Fields.
pip install django_select2
INSTALLED_APPSin your project settings.
When deploying on production server, run :-
python manage.py collectstatic
django_selectto your urlconf if you use any 'Auto' fields.
Documentation available at http://django-select2.readthedocs.org/.
More details can be found on my blog at - http://blog.applegrew.com/2012/08/django-select2/.
- Django - This is obvious.
- jQuery - This is not included in the package since it is expected that in most scenarios this would already be available.
- Memcached (python-memcached) - If you plan on running multiple python processes with
GENERATE_RANDOM_SELECT2_IDenabled, then you need to turn on
ENABLE_SELECT2_MULTI_PROCESS_SUPPORT. In that mode it is highly recommended that you use Memcached, to minimize DB hits.
testapp application. This application is used to manually test the functionalities of this package. This also serves as a good example.
You need only Django 1.4 or above to run that. It might run on older versions but that is not tested.
- Samuel Goldszmidt (@ouhouhsami) for reporting many fundamental issues with the code, because of which versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 were released.
- Johannes Hoppe (@codingjoe)
Copyright 2012 Nirupam Biswas
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this project except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.