Let's have fun with Ruby and Shoes! :-D
Green Shoes is a Ruby domain specific language for beautiful Desktop Applications. The Green Shoes dsl is so simple, even your pointy haired boss can understand it. The Green Shoes project is based on _why-the-lucky-stiff's Shoes, except for the following:
- Green Shoes source code is all Ruby, so even you can contribute.
- Green Shoes takes the Ruby DSL block-style approach, so all you have to do is write what you know: Ruby.
Here is a quick example to get the juices flowing:
require 'green_shoes' Shoes.app( :width => 250, :height => 250 ) do para 'Hello, world!' image 'images/shoes.png' end
There are a lot of samples here in the sample box.
Since Green Shoes is a Ruby Gem, all you need to install are:
Once you have all three requirements, you can simply install with this command:
gem install green_shoes
Read the Manual for all sorts of shoe-like good-ness
Check the Wiki for extra documentation and details.
Please contribute to documentation whenever you can.
Bugs & Requests
See Issues for any bugs or feature requests.
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- (create your github account)
- Fork the project green_shoes to your github account
- Clone the fork to your home machine : git clone http://[email protected]/youraccount/green_shoes
- Make your features additions or bug fix ( additions to lib/plugins or lib/ext, bug fix directly in sources)
- Add a sampleXX.rb in sample dir (if feature addition) for a demo of your feature(s)
- Commit your fork : git commit -a -m "..." ; git push origin master
- Send me a pull request : on GitHub on your green_shoe fork, click 'pull request' on the head of the page
Copyright (c) 2010-2011 ashbb
- hh/static/(all).png (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff
- lib/ext/hpricot/(all) (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff
- lib/ext/projector/(all).rb (c) 2010 MIZUTANI Tociyuki
- lib/ext/highlighter/(all) (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff and 2011 Steve Klabnik
- lib/plugins/(httpd.rb, systray.rb, thread.rb) (c) 2011 Regis d'Aubarede
- samples/akatsukiface.png (c) 2010 MIZUTANI Tociyuki
- samples/class-book.yaml (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff
- samples/splash-hand.png (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff
- samples/loogink.png (c) 2008 Anita Kuno
- samples/cy.png (c) 2008 Anita Kuno
- samples/sample54.rb (c) 2011 Regis d'Aubarede
- samples/face-crying.png (c) 2011 Regis d'Aubarede
- samples/face-smile-big.png (c) 2011 Regis d'Aubarede
- static/Coolvetica.ttf (c) 1999 Ray Larabie
- static/Lacuna.ttf (c) 2003 Glashaus, designed by Peter Hoffman
- static/gshoes-icon.png (c) 2010 Zachary Scott
- static/gshoes-heading-icon.png (c) 2010 Zachary Scott
- static/code_highlighter.js (c) 2005 Dan Webb
- static/code_highlighter_ruby.js (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff
- static/manual.css (c) 2008 why the lucky stiff
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.