ASP.NET API Docs
This repo is used to generate the ASP.NET API docs using the Sphinx AutoAPI extension.
This repo uses Git submodules to include the various ASP.NET repos. You should clone this repo using a recursive clone (
git clone --recursive https://github.com/aspnet/apidocs) so that all of the submodules are included.
After cloning you need to do the following setup steps:
- Install .NET Core
- Restore packages for all submodules by running
- Install the .NET Core compatible version of docfx and put it on your path
- Install Python
- Install Sphinx and the required extensions by running
pip install -r requirements.txt
make htmlfrom the
docsfolder to build the .rst files
The generated reStructuredText files will be in the
docs/autoapi folder. The metadata output from docfx can be found in the
You can control which repos and projects you want to generate API docs for by modifying docfx.json.
- Running docfx on all of the ASP.NET projects is very memory intensive and requires a 64-bit process or you will get
- The generated View on GitHub links are broken (https://github.com/rtfd/sphinx-autoapi/issues/31)
- C# operator overloading not currently supported and results in build warnings
- C# indexers are not currently supported and result in build warnings