Allow any user to easily watch movies through torrent streaming, without any prerequisites.
Visit the project's website at http://butterproject.org.
Want to report a bug, request a feature, contribute to or translate Butter? Check out our in-depth guide to Contributing to Butter. We need all the help we can get! You can also join our community to keep up-to-date and meet other Butterrs.
If you're comfortable getting up and running from a
git clone, this method is for you.
After you clone the GitHub repository, you will need to build a number of assets using gulp.
The master branch which contains the latest release.
npm install -g gulp-cli npm install gulp build gulp run
Full instructions & troubleshooting tips can be found in the Contributing Guide
Keep track of Butter development and community activity.
- Follow Butter on [Twitter] (https://twitter.com/butterproject), [Facebook] (https://www.facebook.com/ButterProjectOrg/) and Google+.
- Read and subscribe to The Official Butter Blog.
- Join in discussions on the Butter Forum
- Connect with us on IRC at
#butterprojecton freenode (web access)
Butter currently support native decoding for the following codecs
Linux and Mac
aac, ac3, aac3, h264, mp1, mp2, mp3, mpeg4, mpegvideo, msmpeg4v1, msmpeg4v2, msmpeg4v3, hevc, flv, dca, flac
aac, ac3, eac3, h264, mp1, mp2, mp3, mpeg4, mpegvideo, hevc, flv, dca, flac
For transparency and insight into our release cycle, and for striving to maintain backward compatibility, Butter will be maintained according to the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
Constructed with the following guidelines:
- A new major release indicates a large change where backward compatibility is broken.
- A new minor release indicates a normal change that maintains backward compatibility.
- A new patch release indicates a bugfix or small change which does not affect compatibility.
- A new build release indicates this is a pre-release of the version.
If you distribute a copy or make a fork of the project, you have to credit this project as the source.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ .
Copyright (c) 2015 Butter Project - Released under the GPL v3 license.