h1. Welcome to Play framework
!https://travis-ci.org/playframework/play1.svg?branch=1.4.x!:https://travis-ci.org/playframework/play1 !https://badges.gitter.im/playframework/play1.svg(Join the chat at https://gitter.im/playframework/play1)!:https://gitter.im/playframework/play1?utm_source=badge&utm_medium=badge&utm_campaign=pr-badge&utm_content=badge
Play framework makes it easier to build Web applications with Java. It is a clean alternative to bloated Enterprise Java stacks. It focuses on developer productivity and targets RESTful architectures. Play is a perfect companion to agile software development.
Learn more on the “https://www.playframework.com”:https://www.playframework.com website.
h2. Getting started
- Install the latest version of Play framework and unzip it anywhere you want:
bc. unzip play-1.3.0-RC1.zip -d /opt/play-1.3.0-RC1
- Add the play script to your PATH:
bc. export PATH=$PATH:/opt/play-1.3.0-RC1
- Create a new Play application:
bc. play new /opt/myFirstApp
- Run the created application:
bc. play run /opt/myFirstApp
Go to “localhost:9000/”:http://localhost:9000 and you’ll see the welcome page.
Start developing your new application:
“Your first application — the ‘Hello World’ tutorial”:https://www.playframework.com/documentation/1.3.0-RC1/firstapp
“Tutorial — Play guide, a real world app step-by-step”:https://www.playframework.com/documentation/1.3.0-RC1/guide1
“The essential documentation”:https://www.playframework.com/documentation/1.3.0-RC1/home
h2. Get the source
Fork the project source code on “Github”:http://github.com/playframework/play:
bc. git clone git://github.com/playframework/play.git
The project history is pretty big. You can pull only a shallow clone by specifying the number of commits you want with –depth:
bc. git clone git://github.com/playframework/play.git –depth 10
h2. Reporting bugs
Please report bugs on “our lighthouse tracker”:http://play.lighthouseapp.com/projects/57987-play-framework.
h2. Learn More
- “Create a new application”:https://www.playframework.com/documentation/1.3.x/guide1
- “Build from source”:https://www.playframework.com/documentation/1.3.x/install#build
- “Search or create issues”:http://play.lighthouseapp.com/projects/57987-play-framework
- “Get help”:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/playframework
- “Code of Conduct”:https://www.playframework.com/conduct
- “Play contributor guidelines”:https://www.playframework.com/contributing
Play framework is distributed under “Apache 2 licence”:http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html.