Note: Vital v2.x is not backwards compatible with v1.x. Some things may break. You may need to do some refactoring.
A minimally invasive CSS framework for modern web applications.
- Vital is a reverse approach to “everything and the kitchen sink” CSS frameworks.
- Built with Sass and Slim for readability and maintainability.
- No ridiculous amounts of classes or nesting. No excessively buried code.
- Written almost entirely in em values, allowing for easy and consistent scaling.
|Vital CSS||24 KB||6 KB|
A couple installation options are available:
- Download the latest release tarball from https://github.com/doximity/vital/releases.
- Install the
vitalRubyGem, NPM or Bower package on your project.
- Use a precompiled release from RawGit.
Check out our docs for information on installation methods, framework contents, templates, examples and more.
NOTE: The project requires Ruby 2.0+ for building its assets and documentation.
git clone https://github.com/doximity/vital.git cd vital bundle # If you want to build / work on documentation cd docs bundle
Compiling assets locally
cd vital bundle exec rake vital:build
Build the documentation
Vital is built using a simple static generator: https://middlemanapp.com/
cd vital/docs bundle bundle exec middleman
Releasing a new version
- Ensure docs,
CHANGELOG.mdare up to date
- Bump version on
bundle exec rake vital:build
git add ...all of the updated files
git commit -m 'vX.Y.Z'
git push origin master
bundle exec rake releaseto push to RubyGems
npm publishto push to NPM
cd docs && bundle exec rake publishto update GitHub pages
- Go to https://github.com/doximity/vital/releases and create a new release with the tarball attached
- Visit http://vitalcss.com/ and ensure it has been updated
Reporting Issues and Suggestions
Please submit GitHub issues for problems with the library. Also, feel free to submit a pull-request with suggested changes.