A Rubygems packaging tool that provides Rake tasks for documentation, extension compiling, testing, and deployment.
Copyright 2007-2011 Cloudburst, LLC. Licensed under the AFL 3. See the included LICENSE file. Portions copyright 2006 Ryan Davis/Zen Spider Software and used with permission. See the included MIT-LICENSE file.
- simple configuration
- comprehensive gem deployment
- signed gem support
- automatic changeset parsing
- documentation upload to any host
Install the gem: sudo gem install echoe
If you haven't already, make sure rubygems.org is configured locally and your password is correctly set.
== Project configuration
Organize your gem according to the usual structure:
lib/ README LICENSE CHANGELOG Rakefile
You can add the bin/ or ext/ folders if you have executables or extensions, respectively.
Your CHANGELOG should be formatted as follows (including newlines):
v2.1. newest change
v2. older change
v1.9. oldest change
This way Echoe can parse the latest version and changeset message automatically.
Your Rakefile needs the following minimal contents:
require 'echoe' Echoe.new('gem_name')
More advanced configuration is described in the Echoe class.
== Deploying your gem
To deploy the gem and documentation:
rake manifest rake release rake publish_docs
Once you've built your manifest, you only need to rebuild it if you add or remove files from the package structure.
== All Rake tasks
The following tasks are made available to your gem.
- manifest - Build a manifest list. Shows added and removed files.
- docs - Build the documentation.
- package - Build all the packages.
- test - Run the test suite.
- coverage - Generate a coverage report.
- compile - Compile C extensions, if available.
- clean - Clean up generated documentation, packaging, and build files.
- install - Install the gem locally.
- uninstall - Uninstall the gem.
- publish_docs - Publish documentation to the web.
- release - Package and upload the latest release to rubygems.org.
== Reporting problems
The support forum is here[http://github.com/fauna/echoe/issues].
Patches and contributions are very welcome. Please note that contributors are required to assign copyright for their additions to Cloudburst, LLC.