Hydra-Express is a light-weight library for building NodeJS and ExpressJS based distributed computing applications. It was announced at EmpireNode 2016.
Hydra offers features such as service discovery, distributed messaging, message load balancing, logging, presence, and health monitoring.
Hydra-Express replies on an instance of Redis, if you need to learn more about Redis, see our Redis quick start guide.
Read the Full documentation
Interested in running Hydra-express on AWS using Docker containers and Swarm mode? See: https://github.com/cjus/hydra-and-aws-in-docker-swarm
There are many projects on NPM which contain the name
hydra. The following are official projects related to the Hydra - microservice library.
- Hydra: hydra core project for use with Non-ExpressJS apps
- Hydra-Express: hydra for ExpressJS developers
- Hydra-cli: a hydra commandline client for interacting with Hydra-enabled applications
- Hydra Generator: A Yeoman generator for quickly building hydra-based projects
- Hydra-Router: A service-aware socket and HTTP API router
- UMF: Universal Message Format, a messaging specification for routable messages
- Hydra-Cluster: A compute cluster based on Hydra