Android TDD bootstrap project
An Android TDD bootstrap project, use a collection of new technology, obey best practices, inspired from some popular architectures, develop with many handy tools.
Why another bootstrap project?
From the beginning of this year 2015, our team start a new project, and before we develop functionality in detail, we try to create a well-architecture project from scratch, with well designed network layer, data layer, asynchronous execution, communication between modules, and last but not least: unit test and integrate test support. After several months of developing, we found some drawback of our current architecture, and also found some popular architectures, then I decide to extract our original well designed architecture and open source it, with amendment according to the drawback and features from new popular architectures we found. Recently I have seen a lot of bootstrap/base Android project, including JakeWharton's u2020, mobiwiseco's Android-Base-Project, etc, but none of these projects cover all features I include in this AndroidTDDBootStrap project. That's why I want more people to see this repo, and I also want get feedback from more people to improve this project.
- MVP: Mosby, A Model-View-Presenter library for modern Android apps.
- Dependency injection
- Model layer, 完美的安卓 model 层架构（上）
- OkHttp, An HTTP+SPDY client for Android and Java applications.
- Retrofit, Type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java by Square, Inc.
- Gson, A Java library that can be used to convert Java Objects into their JSON representation.
- SQLBrite, A lightweight wrapper around SQLiteOpenHelper which introduces reactive stream semantics to SQL operations..
- SQLDelight, Generates Java models from CREATE TABLE statements.
- AutoValue, Generated immutable value classes for Java 1.6+.
- auto-value-gson, AutoValue Extension to add Gson De/Serializer support.
- auto-value-parcel, An Android Parcelable extension for Google's AutoValue.
- Reactive programming
- RxJava – Reactive Extensions for the JVM – a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs using observable sequences for the Java VM.
- RxAndroid, RxJava bindings for Android.
- RxBinding, RxJava binding APIs for Android's UI widgets.
- RxLifecycle, Lifecycle handling APIs for Android apps using RxJava.
- Communication between modules: EventBus, Android optimized event bus that simplifies communication between Activities, Fragments, Threads, Services, etc. Less code, better quality.
- Image loader: Fresco, An Android library for managing images and the memory they use.
- Developer tools
- XLog, Method call logging based on dexposed.
- Android Lint Summary, View your Android lint issues with style.
- LeakCanary, A memory leak detection library for Android and Java.
- ANR-WatchDog, A simple watchdog that detects Android ANR (Application Not Responding) error and throws a meaningful exception.
- BlockCanary, A transparent ui-block detection library for Android.
- RetroLambda, Backport of Java 8's lambda expressions to Java 7, 6 and 5.
- Timber, A logger with a small, extensible API which provides utility on top of Android's normal Log class.
- OkHttp Logging Interceptor, An OkHttp interceptor which logs HTTP request and response data.
- Ok2Curl, Convert OkHttp requests into curl logs.
- Stetho, Stetho is a debug bridge for Android applications, enabling the powerful Chrome Developer Tools and much more.
- strictmode-notifier, Improving StrictMode's report on Android.
- android-git-sha-plugin, Automatically add current GIT SHA value to your apk. It can rise an error if the current git branch is dirty.
- Codestyle, Customized base on Square java-code-styles.
- Iconfy, Android integration of multiple icon providers such as FontAwesome, Entypo, Typicons,...
- ThreeTenABP, An adaptation of the JSR-310 backport for Android.
- AutoBundle, AutoBundle generates boilerplate code for field binding with android.os.Bundle.
- BugTags, Crash report.
- SafelyAndroid, Build safely Android app, no more Activity not found error and Activity state loss error!
- FlexLayout, A powerful Android layout view that use java expression in layout params to describe relative positions.
- Once, A small Android library to manage one-off operations.
- Unit test
- Junit && Android Junit
- Following the Square Way
- Android Unmock Gradle Plugin, Gradle plugin to be used in combination with the new unit testing feature of the Gradle Plugin / Android Studio to use real classes for e.g. SparseArray.
- mockito, Tasty mocking framework for unit tests in Java.
- RESTMock, HTTP Server for Android Instrumentation tests.
- Continuous integration
- Code quality, customized from Vincent Brison's vb-android-app-quality repo
- Checkstyle, Checkstyle is a development tool to help programmers write Java code that adheres to a coding standard. By default it supports the Google Java Style Guide and Sun Code Conventions, but is highly configurable. It can be invoked with an ANT task and a command line program.
- Find bugs, FindBugs is a defect detection tool for Java that uses static analysis to look for more than 200 bug patterns, such as null pointer dereferences, infinite recursive loops, bad uses of the Java libraries and deadlocks.
- PMD, PMD is a source code analyzer.
- Lint, Android Lint Summary, View your Android lint issues with style.
- Code coverage
- Jacoco && Codecov
- The so called architecture part, and base classes, best practice, etc.
- Business related data layer, entities, APIs, DAOs, etc.
- App functionality.
- package organization
- package by layer v.s. package by feature, read more about the Package organization part of this blog, and Package by feature, not layer.
- package by layer + package by feature
- network API, data object, DAO are organized in the single
modellibrary module, but inside model module, classes are organized by feature
- app functionality are organized by feature, mvp, di, ui code are organized together
Sign key config
Place KeyStore file in some place, and create a TemplateKeyStore.properties, and config the KeyStore in it, include
- To clone all submodules, please use
git clone --recursive [email protected]:Piasy/AndroidTDDBootStrap.git
- use flavor to control server configuration, use build type to control log behavior
devfor development server,
prodfor production server
debugenable log and dev tools, disable crash and analytics,
- Create utils
- Create util class in common/common_android module
- Add @Provides annotated provider method in corresponding Module class(UtilsModule.java/AndroidUtilsModule.java)
Add expose method in AppComponent.java
- Create Activity
- Unit test
- use the check*.sh script in buildsystem dir
./buildsystem/ci.shbefore git push.
CheckStyle re-arch the provider package Espresso test of presentation module refactor AppComponent facebook BUCK integrationintegrate with OkBuck Update dependencies refactor modules
- NDK integrate
- MVP source generator plugin
- MVVM branch
- react native branch
- kotlin branch