It’s now a github project because it’s considerably easier for other people to edit, fix and expand on Docker using Github. Just click README.md to submit a pull request. If this list is not complete, you can contribute to make it so.
Please, help organize these resources so that they are easy to find and understand for new comers. See how to Contribute for tips!
If you see a link here that is not (any longer) a good fit, please fix it by submitting a pull request to improve this file. Thank you!
The creators and maintainers of this list do not receive and should not receive any forms of payment to accept a change made by any contributor. The goal of this repo is to index articles, learning materials and projects, not to advertise for profit. All pull requests are merged by default and removed if inapproriate or unavailable or fixed when necessary.
What is Docker ?
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications. Consisting of Docker Engine, a portable, lightweight runtime and packaging tool, and Docker Hub, a cloud service for sharing applications and automating workflows, Docker enables apps to be quickly assembled from components and eliminates the friction between development, QA, and production environments. As a result, IT can ship faster and run the same app, unchanged, on laptops, data center VMs, and any cloud.
Source: What is Docker
Where to start ?
- 10-minute Interactive Tutorial
- Docker Training
- Read this complete article: Basics – Docker, Containers, Hypervisors, CoreOS
- Watch the video: Docker for Developers (54:26) by @jpetazzo
- Docker Jumpstart: a quick introduction
- Docker Curriculum: A comprehensive tutorial for getting started with Docker. Teaches how to use Docker and deploy dockerized apps on AWS with Elastic Beanstalk and Elastic Container Service.
- Install Docker on your machine and play with a few Useful Images
- Try Panamax: Docker Management for Humans It will install a CoreOS VM with VirtualBox and has nice front end
- Install Docker Toolbox Docker Toolbox is an installer to quickly and easily install and setup a Docker environment on your computer. Available for both Windows and Mac, the Toolbox installs Docker Client, Machine, Compose (Mac only), Kitematic and VirtualBox.
- Check out: Docker Cheat Sheet by @wsargent MUST SEE
- Project Web Dev : (Article series) How to create your own website based on Docker
- Docker Containers on the desktop by @jfrazelle) The funniest way to learn about docker! (Tips: checkout her dotfiles and her dockerfiles)
- Container Hacks and Fun Images by @jfrazelle @ DockerCon 2015 MUST WATCH VIDEO (38:50)
- Learn Docker Full environment set up, screenshots, step-by-step tutorial and more resources (video, articles, cheat sheets) by @dwyl
- What is Docker ?
- Where to start ?
- Useful Articles
- Terminal User Interface TUI
- Dev Tools
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Hosting for repositories (registries)
- Hosting for containers
- Reverse Proxy
- Web Interface
- Local Container Manager
- Useful Images
- Storing Images
- Deployment and Infrastructure
- Remote Container Manager / Orchestration
- Service Discovery
- Interesting Twitter Accounts
- Docker Weekly Huge resource
- Docker Cheat Sheet by @wsargent MUST SEE
- CenturyLink Labs
- Valuable Docker Links Very complete
- Docker Ecosystem (Mind Map) MUST SEE
- Docker Ecosystem (PDF) MUST SEE find it on blog by Bryzgalov Peter.
- Blog of @frazelledazzell
- Blog of @jpetazzo
- Blog of @progrium
- Blog of @jwilder
- Blog of @crosbymichael
- Blog of @gliderlabs
- Blog of @sebgoa
- Digital Ocean Community
- Container solutions
- DockerOne Docker Community (in Chinese) by @LiYingJie
- Project Web Dev : (Article series) How to create your own website based on Docker
- Docker vs. VMs? Combining Both for Cloud Portability Nirvana
- Docker Containers on the desktop by @jfrazelle The funniest way to learn about docker! (Tips: checkout her dotfiles and her dockerfiles))
- Awesome Linux Container more general about container than this repo, by @Friz-zy.
- Getting Started with Docker by @fideloper – Servers For Hackers is valuable resource. At some point, every programmer finds themselves needing to know their way around a server.
- What is Docker and how do you monitor it?
- How to Use Docker on OS X: The Missing Guide
- Docker for (Java) Developers
- Deploying NGINX with Docker
- Eight Docker Development Patterns
- Rails Development Environment for OS X using Docker
- Logging on Docker: What You Need to Know + see the video (~50min)
- Comparing Five Monitoring Options for Docker
- Minimalistic data-only container for Docker Compose (Written Mar 1, 2015)
- Running Docker Containers with Systemd
- Dockerizing Flask With Compose and Machine - From Localhost to the Cloud – GitHub Learn how to deploy an application using Docker Compose and Docker Machine (written 17 April 2015)
- Why and How to use Docker for Development (written 28 APR 2015)
- Automating Docker Logging: ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Logspout (written 27 APR 2015)
- Docker Host Volume Synchronization (written 1 JUN 2015)
- Multi-Service Local Development Environment with Vagrant and Docker (written 29 MAY 2015)
- From Local Development to Remote Deployment with Docker Machine and Compose (written 2 JUL 2015)
- Docker: Build, Ship and Run Any App, Anywhere by Martijn Dwars, Wiebe van Geest, Rik Nijessen, and Rick Wieman from Delft University of Technology (written 2 JUL 2015)
- Joining the Docker Ship Learn how to contribute to docker (written 9 JUL 2015)
- Continuous Deployment with Gradle and Docker Describes a complete pipeline from source to production deploy (includes a complete Spring Boot example project) by @gesellix
- Containerization and the PaaS Cloud – This article discusses the requirements that arise from having to facilitate applications through distributed multicloud platforms.
- Docker for Development: Common Problems and Solutions by @rdsubhas
- Docker Adoption Data A study by Datadog on the real world Docker usage stastics and deployment patterns.
- How to monitor Docker (4-part series)
- Using Ansible with Docker Machine to Bootstrap Host Nodes by @nathanleclaire
- Creating containers - Part 1 This is part one of a series of blog posts detailing how docker creates containers. By @crosbymichael
- Data-only container madness
- Using Docker Machine with Weave 0.10 (written 22 APR 2015)
- How to Route Traffic through a Tor Docker container by @jfrazelle (writtent 20 JUN 2015)
- Using Fig and Flocker to build, test, deploy and migrate multi-server Dockerized apps
- A Docker based mini-PaaS by @prologic
- A multi-host scalable web services demo using Docker swarm, Docker compose, NGINX, and Blockbridge
- 24 random docker tips by @csabapalfi
- GUI Apps with Docker by @fgrehm
- Automated Nginx Reverse Proxy for Docker by @jwilder
- Using NSEnter with Boot2Docker
- A Simple Way to Dockerize Applications by @jwilder
- Building good docker images by @jbergknoff
- 10 Things Not To Forget Before Deploying Docker In Production
- Make Your Docker Workflow Awesome With Fig.sh Fig is a python application that helps you run groups of docker containers.
- Docker CIFS – How to Mount CIFS as a Docker Volume
- Nginx Proxy for Docker (written 9 JUL 2015)
- Dealing with linked containers dependency in docker-compose by @rochacbruno
- Docker Tips by @jmervine
- Docker on Windows behind a firewall by @kaitoedter
- Pulling Git into a Docker image without leaving SSH keys behind by @khash
- 6 Million Ways To Log In Docker by @raychaser
- Dockerfile Generator (ruby script)
- Running Production Hadoop Clusters in Docker Containers
- 10 practical docker tips (Dec 2015)
- Kubernetes Cheatsheet - A great resource for managing your Kubernetes installation
- Create the smallest possible Docker container
- Creating a Docker image from your code
- Optimizing Docker Images
- How to Optimize Your Dockerfile by @tutumcloud
- Building Docker Images for Static Go Binaries by @kelseyhightower
- Squashing Docker Images by @jwilder
- Dockerfile Golf (or optimizing the Docker build process)
- ImageLayers Visualize Docker images and the layers that compose them.
- DockerSlim shrinks fat Docker images creating the smallest possible images.
- SkinnyWhale Skinnywhale helps you make smaller (as in megabytes) Docker containers.
- @progrium Service Discovery articles series:
- Docker and SELinux
- Bringing new security features to Docker
- Docker Secure Deployment Guidelines
- Security Best Practices for Building Docker Images
- Docker Security: Are Your Containers Tightly Secured to the Ship? SlideShare
- Tuning Docker with the newest security enhancements
- Lynis is an open source security auditing tool including Docker auditing
- Understanding Docker security and best practices (written 5 MAY 2015)
- Docker Security Cheat Sheet
- Performance Analysis of Docker on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Distrubuted JMeter testing using Docker
- nsinit: per-container resource monitoring of Docker containers on RHEL/Fedora
Raspberry Pi & ARM
- git push docker containers to linux devices Modern DevOps for IoT, leveraging git and Docker.
- Docker Pirates ARMed with explosive stuff Huge resource on clustering, swarm, docker, pre-installed image for SD card on Raspberry Pi
- Docker on Raspberry Pi
- Fool-Proof Recipe: Docker on the Raspberry Pi Same article as above but more opinionated.
- Raspberry Pi with Docker 1.5.0
- Swarming Raspberry Pi – Part 1
- Swarming Raspberry Pi, Part 2: Registry & Mirror
- Swarming Raspberry Pi: Docker Swarm Discovery Options
- Uniform Development by Docker & QEMU
- Get Docker up and running on the RaspberryPi in three steps
- Installing, running, using Docker on armhf (ARMv7) devices-devices)
- How to run 2500 webservers on a Raspebery Pi
- Docker Book by James Turnbul (@kartar)
- Docker Cookbook by Sébastien Goasguen (@sebgoa) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker Cookbook by Neependra Khare (@neependra) (Publisher: Packt)
- Docker in Action by Jeff Nickoloff (@allingeek)
- Docker in Practice by Ian Miell (@ianmiell) and Aidan Hobson Sayers (@aidanhs). ==> Website
- Docker Up & Running by Karl Matthias and Sean P. Kane
- Using Docker by Adrian Mouat (@adrianmouat) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker Security by Adrian Mouat (@adrianmouat) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker: Container-Infrastruktur für Microservices (German) by Peter Roßbach (@PRossbach)
- Containers com Docker do desenvolvimento à produção (Portuguese) by Daniel Romero (@infoslack)
- Docker Container and Container Cloud (Chinese) by Harry Zhang & Jianbo Sun & Zhejiang University SEL Laboratory
- Kubernetes by David Rensin (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker Images
- Docker Compose (Define and run multi-container applications with Docker)
- Docker Machine (Machine management for a container-centric world)
- Docker Registry (The Docker toolset to pack, ship, store, and deliver content)
- Docker Swarm (Swarm: a Docker-native clustering system)
Terminal User Interface
- sen Terminal user interface for docker engine, by @TomasTomecek
- wharfee Autocompletion and syntax highlighting for Docker commands.) by @j-bennet
- ctop A command line / text based Linux Containers monitoring tool that works just like you expect by @yadutaf
- dry An interactive CLI for Docker containers
- GoSu (“run this specific application as this specific user and get out of the pipeline” – entrypoint script tool) by @tianon
- Chaperone (“A single PID1 process designed for docker containers. Does user management, log management, startup, zombie reaping, all in one small package.) by @garywiz
- ns-enter (no more ssh, enter name spaces of container) by @jpetazzo
- Squid-in-a-can (in case of proxy problem) by @jpetazzo
- docker-gen (Generate files from docker container meta-data) by @jwilder
- dockerize (Utility to simplify running applications in docker containers) by @jwilder
- registrator (Service registry bridge for Docker) by @progrium
- Dockly (Dockly is a gem made to ease the pain of packaging an application in Docker.) by @swipely
- docker-volumes (Docker Volume Manager) by @cpuguy83
- dockerfile_lint (A rule-based ‘linter’ for Dockerfiles) by @redhataccess
- powerstrip (A tool for prototyping Docker extensions) by @clusterhq
- Vagga (Vagga is a containerisation tool without daemons. It is a fully-userspace container engine inspired by Vagrant and Docker, specialized for development environments.) by @tailhook
- dockerode (Not just another Docker Remote API node.js module) by @apocas
- go-dockerclient (Go HTTP client for the Docker remote API.) by @fsouza
- container-factory (produces Docker images from tarballs of application source code http://www.containerfactory.io) by @lsqio
- percheron (Organise your Docker containers with muscle and intelligence) by @ashmckenzie
- crane (Lift containers with ease. Easy orchestration for images and containers) by @michaelsauter
- sherdock (Automatic GC of images based on regexp) by @rancherio
- bocker (1) (Docker implemented in 100 lines of bash) by p8952
- bocker (2) (Write Dockerfile completely in Bash. Extensible and simple. –> Reusable) by @icy
- docker-gc (A cron job that will delete old stopped containers and unused images) by @spotify
- dlayer (Stats collector for Docker layers) by @wercker
- forward2docker (Utility to auto forward a port from localhost into ports on Docker containers running in a boot2docker VM) by @bsideup
- dockramp (Proof of Concept: A Client Driven Docker Image Builder) by @jlhawn
- portainer (Apache Mesos framework for building Docker images) by @tarnfeld
- Gradle Docker plugin a Docker remote api plugin for Gradle by @gesellix
- Docker client a Docker remote api client library for the JVM, written in Groovy by @gesellix
- Dropdock a framework designed for Drupal to build fast, isolated development environments using Docker.
- Devstep (Development environments powered by Docker and buildpacks) by @fgrehm
- Lorry (Lorry is a docker-compose.yml validator and composer) by @CenturyLinkLabs
- Dray (Dray is an engine for managing the execution of container-based workflows. Docker Workflow Engine - UNIX pipes for Docker) by @CenturyLinkLabs
- docker-do hassle-free docker run, like
envbut for docker by @benzaita
- Docker osx dev A productive development environment with Docker on OS X by @brikis98
- rocker extended Dockerfile builder. Supports multiple FROMs, MOUNTS, templates, etc. by grammarly.
- dexec Command line interface for running code with Docker Exec images. https://docker-exec.github.io/ written in Go.
- crowdr Tool for managing multiple Docker containers (docker-compose alternative) by @polonskiy
- ahab Docker event handling with Python by @instacart
- docker-garby Docker garbage collection script by @konstruktoid.
- DevLab Utility for running containerized development environments
- is-docker Check if the process is running inside a Docker container by @sindresorhus
- Docker meets the IDE Integrating your favorite containers in the editor of your choice by domeide
Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Captain - Convert your Git workflow to Docker containers ready for Continuous Delivery by @harbur
- CircleCI - Push or pull Docker images from your build environment, or build and run containers right on CircleCI.
- CodeShip - Work with your established Docker workflows while automating your testing and deployment tasks with our hosted platform dedicated to speed and security.
- Docker plugin for Jenkins - The aim of the docker plugin is to be able to use a docker host to dynamically provision a slave, run a single build, then tear-down that slave.
- Dockunit - Docker based integration tests. A simple Node based utility for running Docker based unit tests. By @dockunit
- Drone - Continuous integration server built on Docker and configured using YAML files.
- GitLab CI - GitLab has integrated CI to test, build and deploy your code with the use of GitLab runners.
- GOCD-DockerGo Server and Agent in docker containers to provision.
- IBM DevOps Services - Continuous delivery using a pipeline deployment onto IBM Containers on Bluemix.
- Shippable - A SaaS platform for developers and DevOps teams that significantly reduces the time taken for code to be built, tested and deployed to production.
- Watchtower - Automatically update running Docker containers by @CenturyLinkLabs
- Microservices Continuous Deployment - continuous deployment of a microservices application
- Conduit - Experimental deployment system for Docker by @ehazlett
- depcon - Depcon is written in Go and allows you to easily deploy Docker containers to Apache Mesos/Marathon, Amazon ECS and Kubernetes. By @gonodr
- dockit - Do docker actions and Deploy gluster containers!
- Last.Backend - Last.Backend platform is designed for automatization of all routine work with the server and deployment of applications in one click using the visual interface.
- rocker-compose - Docker composition tool with idempotency features for deploying apps composed of multiple containers.
- Zodiac - A lightweight tool for easy deployment and rollback of dockerized applications. By @CenturyLinkLabs
Hosting for repositories (registries)
Securely store your Docker images. * Docker Hub (provided by Docker Inc.) * Quay.io (part of CoreOS) - Secure hosting for private Docker repositories * Reesd - Private Docker repositories and redundant storage service by @noteed
Hosting for containers
- Amazon ECS - A management service on EC2 that supports Docker containers.
- Docker Tutum (part of Docker Inc) - Simple hosting for your Docker containers. -> now Docker Cloud
- Docker Cloud - Former Tutum
- Google Container Engine - Docker containers on Google Cloud Computing powered by Kubernetes.
- Giant Swarm - Simple microservice infrastructure. Deploy your containers in seconds.
- IBM Bluemix - Run Docker containers in a hosted cloud environment on IBM Bluemix.
- OpenShift Dedicated - A hosted OpenShift cluster for running your Docker containers managed by Red Hat.
- Orchard (part of Docker Inc) - Get a Docker host in the cloud, instantly.
- Triton - Elastic container-native infrastructure by Joyent.
- nginx-proxy - Automated nginx proxy for Docker containers using docker-gen by @jwilder
- h2o-proxy - Automated H2O reverse proxy for Docker containers. An alternative to jwilder/nginx-proxy by @zchee
- docker-proxy - Transparent proxy for docker containers, run in a docker container. By @silarsis
- muguet - DNS Server & Reverse proxy for Docker environments. By @mattallty
- Træfɪk - Automated reverse proxy and load-balancer for Docker, Mesos, Consul, Etcd… By @EmileVauge
- Docker Registry Web (A web UI for easy private/local Docker Registry integration) by @atc-
- DockerUI (DockerUI is a web interface to interact with the Remote API.) by @crosbymichael
- DockerBoard (Simple dashboards, visualizations, managements for your dockers.) by @dockerboard
- Portus (Authorization service and frontend for Docker registry (v2)) by @SUSE
- dockering-on-rails Simple Web-Interface for Docker with a lot of features by @Electrofenster
- Rapid Dashboard (A simple query dashboard to use Docker Remote API) by @ozlerhakan
Local Container Manager
- Shutit (a tool for building and maintaining complex Docker deployments) by @ianmiell
- FuGu (a docker run wrapper without orchestration) by @mattes
- Boot2Docker (docker for OSX and Windows) – http://boot2docker.io/
- docker-vm (A simple and transparent alternative to boot2docker (backed by Vagrant)) by @shyiko
- Vessel (Vessel automates the setup & use of dockerized development environments) by @awvessel
- subuser (subuser makes it easy to securely and portably run graphical desktop applications in Docker)
- OctoHost (Simple web focused Docker based mini-PaaS server. git push to deploy your websites as needed) by @octohost
- Dokku (Docker powered mini-Heroku in around 100 lines of Bash) by @progrium
- Ansible - manage docker containers
- Vagrant - Docker provider a good starting point is vagrant-docker-example by @bubenkoff
- Dray An engine for managing the execution of container-based workflows. http://Dray.it by @CenturyLinkLabs
- percheron (Organise your Docker containers with muscle and intelligence) by @ashmckenzie
- Dusty Managed Docker development environments on OS X
- Beluga Beluga a CLI to deploy docker containers on a single server or low amount of servers. By @cortextmedia
- libcompose A Go library for Docker Compose.
- DLite Simplest way to use Docker on OSX, no VM needed. WIP By @nlf
Volume management and plugins
- Blockbridge - The Blockbridge plugin is a volume plugin that provides access to an extensible set of container-based persistent storage options. It supports single and multi-host Docker environments with features that include tenant isolation, automated provisioning, encryption, secure deletion, snapshots and QoS. By @blockbridge
- Convoy - an open-source Docker volume driver that can snapshot, backup and restore Docker volumes anywhere. By @rancher
- Azure Files Volume Driver - A Docker volume driver that allows you to mount persistent volumes backed by Microsoft Azure File Service. By @ahmetalpbalkan
- Docker Unison A docker volume container using Unison for fast two-way folder sync. Created as an alternative to slow boot2docker volumes on OS X. By @leighmcculloch
- Netshare A Docker volume plugin written in Go that supports mounting NFS, AWS EFS & CIFS volumes within a container. By @gondor
- Docker Machine NFS Activates NFS for an existing boot2docker box created through Docker Machine on OS X.
- REX-Ray Vendor agnostic storage orchestration engine to provide persistent storage for Docker containers as well as Mesos frameworks and tasks.
- Official Images from Docker Hub
- Base Image by @phusion
- Busybox (with either
busybox-static) by @jpetazzo
- OpenWRT by @zoobab
- Phusion Docker Hub Account
- passenger-docker (Docker base images for Ruby, Python, Node.js and Meteor web apps) by @phusion
- docker-alpine (A super small Docker base image (5MB) using Alpine Linux) by @gliderlabs
- docker-fluentd (the Container to Log Other Containers’ Logs) by @kiyoto
- chaperone-docker (A set of images using the Chaperone process manager, including a lean Alpine image, LAMP, LEMP, and bare-bones base kits.)
- Collection of Dockerfiles by @crosbymichael
- Dockerfile Project : Trusted Automated Docker Builds. Dockerfile Project maintains a central repository of Dockerfile for various popular open source software services runnable on a Docker container.
- Dockerfile Example by @komljen
- Dockerfile Example 2 by @kstaken
- Dockerfile @jfrazelle by @jfrazelle MUST SEE for a fully containerized desktop!
- Docker Registry v2 (The Docker toolset to pack, ship, store, and deliver content)
- Rescoyl (Private Docker registry) by @noteed
- Axibase Time-Series Database (Long-term retention of container statistics and built-in dashboards for Docker. Collected with native Google cAdvisor storage driver.)
- cAdvisor (Analyzes resource usage and performance characteristics of running containers. created by @Google
- Datadog Datadog is a full-stack monitoring service for large-scale cloud environments that aggregates metrics/events from servers, databases, and applications. It includes support for Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
- Dockerana (packaged version of Graphite and Grafana, specifically targeted at metrics from Docker.)
- Docker-mon (Console-based Docker monitoring) by @icecrime
- Glances (A cross-platform curses-based system monitoring tool written in Python) by @nicolargo
- InfluxDB, cAdvisor, Grafana (InfluxDB Time series DB in combination with Grafana and cAdvisor) by @vegasbrianc
- Meros Analyzes containers resources, captures logs, remote web SSH terminal and powerful DevOps alerts.
- New Relic New Relics Docker Monitoring tool
- Prometheus (Open-source service monitoring system and time series database)
- Ruxit Monitor containerized applications without installing agents or modifiying your Run commands
- Seagull (Friendly Web UI to monitor docker daemon.) by @tobegit3hub
- Site24x7 Docker MOnitoring for DevOps and IT is a SaaS Pay per Host model
- Sysdig: An open source troubleshooting tool that provides a rich set of real-time, system-level information. It has container-specific features and is very useful in Docker environments.
- Zabbix Docker module: Zabbix module that provides discovery of running containers, CPU/memory/blk IO/net container metrics. Systemd Docker and LXC execution driver is also supported. It’s a dynamically linked shared object library, so its performance is (~10x) better, than any script solution.
- SPM for Docker Monitoring of host and container metrics, Docker events and logs. Automatic log parser. Anomaly Detection and alerting for metrics and logs. @sematext
- Zabbix Docker - Monitor containers automatically using zabbix LLD feature.
- Collecting docker logs and stats with Splunk
- Calico-Docker - Calico is a pure layer 3 virtual network that allows containers over multiple docker-hosts to talk to each other.
- Wagl - DNS Service Discovery for Docker Swarm (by @ahmetalpbalkan ) http://ahmetalpbalkan.github.io/wagl/
- Weave (The Docker network) – Weave creates a virtual network that connects Docker containers deployed across multiple hosts.
- Docker-Fluentd: (Docker container to Log Other Containers’ Logs. One can aggregate the logs of Docker containers running on the same host using Fluentd.) by @kiyoto
- LogJam (Logjam is a log forwarder designed to listen on a local port, receive log entries over UDP, and forward these messages on to a log collection server (such as logstash).) by @gocardless
- Logspout (Log routing for Docker container logs) by [@gliderlabs]gliderlabs
- Logsene for Docker Monitoring of Metrics, Events and Logs implemented in Node.js. Integrated logagent-js to detect and parse various log formats. @sematext
Deployment and Infrastructure
- Centurion: Centurion is a mass deployment tool for Docker fleets. It takes containers from a Docker registry and runs them on a fleet of hosts with the correct environment variables, host volume mappings, and port mappings. By @newrelic
- Clocker: Clocker creates and manages a Docker cloud infrastructure. Clocker supports single-click deployments and runtime management of multi-node applications that run as containers distributed across multiple hosts, on both Docker and Marathon. It leverages Calico and Weave for networking and Brooklyn for application blueprints. By @brooklyncentral
- Cloud 66 - Full-stack hosted container management as a service
- deploy - Git and Docker deployment tool. A middle ground between simple Docker composition tools and full blown cluster orchestration. Declarative configuration and short commands for managing (syncing, building, running) of infrastructures of more than a few services. Able to deploy whole preconfigured server or system of services with a single line (without having to scroll the line).
- Docket: Custom docker registry that allows for lightning fast deploys through bittorrent by @netvarun
- Longshoreman: Longshoreman automates application deployment using Docker. Just create a Docker repository (or use a service), configure the cluster using AWS or Digital Ocean (or whatever you like) and deploy applications using a Heroku-like CLI tool. By longshoreman
- Deis (Your PaaS, your rules) – http://deis.io/
- Dokku (Docker powered mini-Heroku in around 100 lines of Bash) by @progrium
- Flynn (A next generation open source platform as a service) – https://flynn.io/
- OpenShift (An open source PaaS built on Kubernetes and optimized for Dockerized app development and deployment) by Red Hat
- Tsuru (Tsuru is an extensible and open source Platform as a Service software) – https://tsuru.io/
Remote Container Manager / Orchestration
- autodock (Daemon for Docker Automation) by @prologic
- blimp Uses Docker Machine to easily move a container from one Docker host to another, show containers running against all of your hosts, replicate a container across multiple hosts and more. By @defermat and @schvin
- Capitan Composable docker orchestration with added scripting support by @byrnedo.
- Citadel (Citadel is a toolkit for scheduling containers on a Docker cluster) (unmaintained)
- CloudSlang (CloudSlang is a workflow engine to create Docker process automation)
- CoreOS (Linux for Massive Server Deployments) – https://coreos.com/
- Decking: (Decking aims to simplify the creation, organsation and running of clusters of Docker containers in a way which is familiar to developers)
- Deploying a Sample Web App with Mesos (Docker plus Mesosphere provides an easy way to automate and scale deployment of containers in a production environment)
- Flocker (Flocker is a data volume manager and multi-host Docker cluster management tool) by @ClusterHQ
- Gaudi (Gaudi allows to share multi-component applications, based on Docker, Go, and YAM) ~~ project discontinued.
- Kontena (Application Containers for Masses) – http://www.kontena.io/
- Kubernetes (Open source orchestration system for Docker containers by Google) – kubernetes
- Maestro (Maestro provides the ability to easily launch, orchestrate and manage mulitiple Docker containers as single unit) by @tascanini
- Marathon (Marathon is a private PaaS built on Mesos. It automatically handles hardware or software failures and ensures that an app is “always on”)
- Nomad Project Easily deploy applications at any scale. A Distributed, Highly Available, Datacenter-Aware Scheduler.
- Panamax (Docker Management for Humans) – panamax.io
- Rancher (Portable AWS-style infrastructure service for Docker) – http://rancher.com/
- Serf (Service orchestration and management tool) by @hashicorp
- Shipyard (Composable Docker Management) – http://shipyard-project.com/
- MCollective Docker Agent Uses MCollective to orchestrate your Docker containers and images – @m4ce
- docker-bench-security script that checks for dozens of common best-practices around deploying Docker containers in production. By @docker
- notary a server and a client for running and interacting with trusted collections. By @docker
- Twistlock Twistlock Security Suite detects vulnerabilities, hardens container images, and enforces security policies across the lifecycle of applications.
- docker-consul by @progrium
- etcd: A highly-available key value store for shared configuration and service discovery by @coreOS
- Docker Grand Ambassador This is a fully dynamic docker link ambassador. + Article by @cpuguy83
- proxy: lightweight nginx based load balancer self using service discovery provided by registrator. by @factorish
- wagl: Service discovery for docker swarm using DNS
- Docker Youtube Account
- CenturyLink Labs Docker Interviews
- Container Camp Conference about containers!!! @containercamp
- Quoi d’neuf Docker FRENCH chronique vidéo sur Youtube proposant de courtes vidéos (maximum 15 minutes) sur la thématique “Docker et son écosystème” Site Web
- Ansible and Docker HP (32:38)
- Container Hacks and Fun Images by @jfrazelle @ DockerCon 2015 (MUST WATCH VIDEO: 38:50)
- Contributing to Docker by Andrew “Tianon” Page (InfoSiftr) (34:31)
- Development Environments with Fig by Aanand Prasad (17:58)
- Docker for Developers (54:26) by @jpetazzo <== Good introduction, context, demo
- Docker in Production by @jpetazzo (36:05)
- Docker: How to Use Your Own Private Registry (15:01)
- Docker and SELinux by Daniel Walsh from Red Hat (40:23)
- Extending Docker with Plugins (15:21)
- From Local Docker Development to Production Deployments by @jpetazzo @ AWS re:Invent 2015
- Immutable Infrastructure with Docker and EC2 by Michael Bryzek (Gilt) (42:04)
- Logging on Docker: What You Need to Know (51:27)
- Orchestrating Docker containers in production using Fig (7:11)
- Performance Analysis of Docker - Jeremy Eder (1:36:58)
- Run Any App on Mesos on Any Infrastructure Using Docker (17:44)
- State of containers: a debate with CoreOS, VMware and Google (27:38)
- SysAdminCasts: Introduction to Docker (15:49)