= Contributed Rack Middleware and Utilities
This package includes a variety of add-on components for Rack, a Ruby web server interface:
- Rack::ETag - Automatically sets the ETag header on all String bodies.
- Rack::JSONP - Adds JSON-P support by stripping out the callback param and padding the response with the appropriate callback format.
- Rack::LighttpdScriptNameFix - Fixes how lighttpd sets the SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO variables in certain configurations.
- Rack::Locale - Detects the client locale using the Accept-Language request header and sets a rack.locale variable in the environment.
- Rack::MailExceptions - Rescues exceptions raised from the app and sends a useful email with the exception, stacktrace, and contents of the environment.
- Rack::NestedParams - parses form params with subscripts (e.g., * “post[title]=Hello”) into a nested/recursive Hash structure (based on Rails’ implementation).
- Rack::PostBodyContentTypeParser - Adds support for JSON request bodies. The Rack parameter hash is populated by deserializing the JSON data provided in the request body when the Content-Type is application/json.
- Rack::ProcTitle - Displays request information in process title ($0) for monitoring/inspection with ps(1).
- Rack::Profiler - Uses ruby-prof to measure request time.
- Rack::Sendfile - Enables X-Sendfile support for bodies that can be served from file.
- Rack::Signals - Installs signal handlers that are safely processed after a request
- Rack::StaticCache - Modifies the response headers to facilitiate client and proxy caching for static files that minimizes http requests and improves overall load times for second time visitors.
- Rack::Evil - Lets the rack application return a response to the client from any place.
- Rack::Callbacks - Implements DLS for pure before/after filter like Middlewares.
- Rack::Config - Shared configuration for cooperative middleware.
- Rack::NotFound - A default 404 application.
- Rack::CSSHTTPRequest - Adds CSSHTTPRequest support by encoding responses as CSS for cross-site AJAX-style data loading
- Rack::Deflect - Helps protect against DoS attacks.
- Rack::ResponseCache - Caches responses to requests without query strings to Disk or a user provider Ruby object. Similar to Rails’ page caching.
- Rack::RelativeRedirect - Transforms relative paths in redirects to absolute URLs.
- Rack::Backstage - Returns content of specified file if it exists, which makes it convenient for putting up maintenance pages.
- Rack::AcceptFormat - Adds a format extension at the end of the URI when there is none, corresponding to the mime-type given in the Accept HTTP header.
- Rack::HostMeta - Configures /host-meta using a block
- Rack::Cookies - Adds simple cookie jar hash to env
- Rack::Access - Limit access based on IP address
- Rack::ResponseHeaders - Manipulate response headers object at runtime
- Rack::SimpleEndpoint - Create simple endpoints with routing rules, similar to Sinatra actions
Git is the quickest way to the rack-contrib sources:
git clone git://github.com/rack/rack-contrib.git
Gems are currently available from GitHub clones:
gem install rack-rack-contrib –source=http://gems.github.com/
Requiring ‘rack/contrib’ will add autoloads to the Rack modules for all of the components included. The following example shows what a simple rackup (+config.ru+) file might look like:
require ‘rack’ require ‘rack/contrib’
use Rack::Profiler if ENV[‘RACK_ENV’] == ‘development’
use Rack::ETag use Rack::MailExceptions
rack-contrib on GitHub:: http://github.com/rack/rack-contrib Rack:: http://rack.rubyforge.org/ Rack On GitHub:: http://github.org/rack/rack rack-devel mailing list:: http://groups.google.com/group/rack-devel