Pelican |build-status| |pypi-version|
Pelican is a static site generator, written in Python_.
- Write content in reStructuredText_ or Markdown_ using your editor of choice
- Includes a simple command line tool to (re)generate site files
- Easy to interface with version control systems and web hooks
- Completely static output is simple to host anywhere
Pelican currently supports:
- Chronological content (e.g., articles, blog posts) as well as static pages
- Integration with external services (e.g., Google Analytics and Disqus)
- Site themes (created using Jinja2_ templates)
- Publication of articles in multiple languages
- Generation of Atom and RSS feeds
- Syntax highlighting via Pygments_
- Importing existing content from WordPress, Dotclear, and other services
- Fast rebuild times due to content caching and selective output writing
Pelican's documentation_ for further information.
How to get help, contribute, or provide feedback
contribution submission and feedback guidelines <CONTRIBUTING.rst>_.
Pelican’s source code is
hosted on GitHub. If you feel like hacking,
take a look at
Why the name “Pelican”?
“Pelican” is an anagram of calepin, which means “notebook” in French.
.. _Python: http://www.python.org/
.. _reStructuredText: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html
.. _Markdown: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/
.. _Jinja2: http://jinja.pocoo.org/
.. _Pygments: http://pygments.org/
Pelican's documentation: http://docs.getpelican.com/
Pelican's internals: http://docs.getpelican.com/en/latest/internals.html
hosted on GitHub: https://github.com/getpelican/pelican
.. |build-status| image:: https://img.shields.io/travis/getpelican/pelican/master.svg :target: https://travis-ci.org/getpelican/pelican :alt: Travis CI: continuous integration status .. |pypi-version| image:: https://img.shields.io/pypi/v/pelican.svg :target: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pelican :alt: PyPI: the Python Package Index