Android Upload Service
Easily upload files in the background with automatic Android Notification Center progress indication.
Download the latest demo app APK which uses the library and try it yourself! You can do much more, the app is just a proof of concept.
- tiny library (less than 90KB)
- upload files to a server with FTP, HTTP
multipart/form-dataor binary requests
- be able to easily implement other upload protocols as plugins
- handle multiple concurrent uploads in the background, even if the device is idle
- automatically retry failed uploads, with a configurable exponential backoff
- possibility to automatically delete uploaded files when the upload is successful
- show status in the Android Notification Center (with support for stacking notifications).
- be able to change the underlying HTTP stack. Currently
HttpURLConnection(the default) and
OkHttpare supported. You can also implement your own.
- be able to set library log level and to provide custom logger implementation
- easily customize the notification with text and icons for the different states
At the core of the library there is a
Service which handles multiple concurrent upload tasks in the background. It publishes broadcast intents to notify status. This way the logic is completely decoupled from the UI. Read further to learn how you can use it in your App.
Read this page for full setup instructions with Maven and Gradle.
Check the wiki to discover how to get started.
Check JavaDocs for a complete reference of the library’s API
Do you need help? Read this
To be included in the following list, simply create an issue and provide the app name and a link.
- Do you have a new feature in mind?
- Do you know how to improve existing docs or code?
- Have you found a bug?
Contributions are welcome and encouraged! Just fork the project and then send a pull request. Be ready to discuss your code and design decisions.
Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Aleksandar Gotev Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.