What is Docker ?
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications. Consisting of Docker Engine, a portable, lightweight runtime and packaging tool, and Docker Hub, a cloud service for sharing applications and automating workflows, Docker enables apps to be quickly assembled from components and eliminates the friction between development, QA, and production environments. As a result, IT can ship faster and run the same app, unchanged, on laptops, data center VMs, and any cloud.
Source: What is Docker
Where to start ?
- 10-minute Interactive Tutorial
- Docker Training
- Read this complete article: Basics – Docker, Containers, Hypervisors, CoreOS
- Watch the video: [Docker for Developers]docker4dev by [@jpetazzo][jpetazzo]
- Docker Jumpstart: a quick introduction
- Docker Curriculum: A comprehensive tutorial for getting started with Docker. Teaches how to use Docker and deploy dockerized apps on AWS with Elastic Beanstalk and Elastic Container Service.
- Install Docker on your machine and play with a few Useful Images
- Try [Panamax: Docker Management for Humans][panamax.io] It will install a CoreOS VM with VirtualBox and has nice front end
- Install Docker Toolbox Docker Toolbox is an installer to quickly and easily install and setup a Docker environment on your computer. Available for both Windows and Mac, the Toolbox installs Docker Client, Machine, Compose (Mac only), Kitematic and VirtualBox.
- Check out: [Docker Cheat Sheet][docker-cheat-sheet] by [@wsargent][wsargent] MUST SEE
- [Project Web Dev][projwebdev] : (Article series) How to create your own website based on Docker
- [Docker Containers on the desktop][jessblog] by [@jfrazelle][jfrazelle]) The funniest way to learn about docker! (Tips: checkout her [dotfiles][jfrazelledotfiles] and her [dockerfiles][jfrazelledockerfiles])
- [Container Hacks and Fun Images][jessvid] by [@jfrazelle][jfrazelle] @ DockerCon 2015 MUST WATCH VIDEO (38:50)
- Learn Docker Full environment set up, screenshots, step-by-step tutorial and more resources (video, articles, cheat sheets) by @dwyl
- Docker Caveats What You Should Know About Running Docker In Production (written 11 APRIL 2016) MUST SEE
- How to Whale Learn Docker in your web browser, no setup or installation required.
- What is Docker ?
- Where to start ?
- Useful Articles
- Terminal User Interface
- Dev Tools
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Hosting for repositories (registries)
- Hosting for containers
- Reverse Proxy
- Web Interface
- Local Container Manager
- Volume management and plugins
- Useful Images
- Storing Images
- Deployment and Infrastructure
- Remote Container Manager / Orchestration
- Service Discovery
- Interactive Learning Environments
- Interesting Twitter Accounts
- Docker Weekly Huge resource
- [Docker Cheat Sheet][docker-cheat-sheet] by [@wsargent][wsargent] MUST SEE
- [Docker Printable Refcard][docker-quick-ref] by [@dimonomid][dimonomid]
- CenturyLink Labs
- Valuable Docker Links Very complete
- Docker Ecosystem (Mind Map) MUST SEE
- Docker Ecosystem (PDF) MUST SEE find it on blog by Bryzgalov Peter.
- Blog of [@frazelledazzell][jfrazelle]
- Blog of [@jpetazzo][jpetazzo]
- Blog of [@progrium][progrium]
- Blog of [@jwilder][jwilder]
- Blog of [@crosbymichael][crosbymichael]
- Blog of [@gliderlabs][gliderlabs]
- Blog of [@sebgoa][sebgoa]
- Blog of @codeship
- Digital Ocean Community
- Container solutions
- DockerOne Docker Community (in Chinese) by @LiYingJie
- [Project Web Dev][projwebdev] : (Article series) How to create your own website based on Docker
- Docker vs. VMs? Combining Both for Cloud Portability Nirvana
- [Docker Containers on the desktop][jessblog] by [@jfrazelle][jfrazelle] The funniest way to learn about docker! (Tips: checkout her [dotfiles][jfrazelledotfiles] and her [dockerfiles][jfrazelledockerfiles]))
- Awesome Linux Container more general about container than this repo, by @Friz-zy.
- Getting Started with Docker by @fideloper – Servers For Hackers is valuable resource. At some point, every programmer finds themselves needing to know their way around a server.
- What is Docker and how do you monitor it?
- How to Use Docker on OS X: The Missing Guide
- Docker for (Java) Developers
- Deploying NGINX with Docker
- Eight Docker Development Patterns
- Rails Development Environment for OS X using Docker
- Logging on Docker: What You Need to Know + see the [video]loggingDocker
- Comparing Five Monitoring Options for Docker
- Minimalistic data-only container for Docker Compose (Written Mar 1, 2015)
- Running Docker Containers with Systemd
- Dockerizing Flask With Compose and Machine - From Localhost to the Cloud – GitHub Learn how to deploy an application using Docker Compose and Docker Machine (written 17 April 2015)
- Why and How to use Docker for Development (written 28 APR 2015)
- Automating Docker Logging: ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Logspout (written 27 APR 2015)
- Docker Host Volume Synchronization (written 1 JUN 2015)
- From Local Development to Remote Deployment with Docker Machine and Compose (written 2 JUL 2015)
- Docker: Build, Ship and Run Any App, Anywhere by Martijn Dwars, Wiebe van Geest, Rik Nijessen, and Rick Wieman from Delft University of Technology (written 2 JUL 2015)
- Joining the Docker Ship Learn how to contribute to docker (written 9 JUL 2015)
- Continuous Deployment with Gradle and Docker Describes a complete pipeline from source to production deploy (includes a complete Spring Boot example project) by [@gesellix][gesellix]
- Containerization and the PaaS Cloud – This article discusses the requirements that arise from having to facilitate applications through distributed multicloud platforms.
- Docker for Development: Common Problems and Solutions by @rdsubhas
- Docker Adoption Data A study by Datadog on the real world Docker usage stastics and deployment patterns.
- How to monitor Docker (4-part series)
- Using Ansible with Docker Machine to Bootstrap Host Nodes by @nathanleclaire
- Swarm v. Fleet v. Kubernetes v. Mesos Comparing different orchestration tools. (written OCT 2015)
- The Shortlist of Docker Hosting There are so many specialized and optimized Docker hosting services available, it’s high time for a review to see what’s on offer (by Chris Ward).
- Uma rápida introdução ao Docker e instalação no Ubuntu
- O que é uma imagem e o que é um container Docker?
- Criando uma imagem Docker personalizada
- Comandos mais utilizados no Docker
- Creating containers - Part 1 This is part one of a series of blog posts detailing how docker creates containers. By [@crosbymichael][crosbymichael]
- Data-only container madness
- Using Docker Machine with Weave 0.10 (written 22 APR 2015)
- How to Route Traffic through a Tor Docker container by [@jfrazelle]jfrazelle
- A Docker based mini-PaaS by [@prologic][prologic]
- A multi-host scalable web services demo using Docker swarm, Docker compose, NGINX, and Blockbridge
- 24 random docker tips by @csabapalfi
- GUI Apps with Docker by [@fgrehm][fgrehm]
- Automated Nginx Reverse Proxy for Docker by [@jwilder][jwilder]
- Using NSEnter with Boot2Docker
- A Simple Way to Dockerize Applications by [@jwilder][jwilder]
- Building good docker images by @jbergknoff
- 10 Things Not To Forget Before Deploying Docker In Production
- Docker CIFS – How to Mount CIFS as a Docker Volume
- Nginx Proxy for Docker (written 9 JUL 2015)
- Dealing with linked containers dependency in docker-compose by @rochacbruno
- Docker Tips by @jmervine
- Docker on Windows behind a firewall by @kaitoedter
- Pulling Git into a Docker image without leaving SSH keys behind by @khash
- 6 Million Ways To Log In Docker by @raychaser
- Dockerfile Generator (ruby script)
- Running Production Hadoop Clusters in Docker Containers
- 10 practical docker tips (Dec 2015) by @josdirksen
- Kubernetes Cheatsheet - A great resource for managing your Kubernetes installation
- Container Best Practices - Red Hat’s Project Atomic created a Container Best Practices guide which applies to everything and is updated regurlary.
- Production Meteor and Node Using Docker, Part I by @projectricochet
- Resource Management in Docker by @marekgoldmann
- Docker and Phoenix: How to Make Your Continuous Integration More Awesome
- Jenkins 2.0 - Screencast Series by Virendra Bhalothia
- Pushing to ECR Using Jenkins Pipeline Plugin by @mikesir87
- Create the smallest possible Docker container
- Creating a Docker image from your code
- Optimizing Docker Images
- How to Optimize Your Dockerfile by @tutumcloud
- Building Docker Images for Static Go Binaries by @kelseyhightower
- Squashing Docker Images by [@jwilder][jwilder]
- Dockerfile Golf (or optimizing the Docker build process)
- ImageLayers Visualize Docker images and the layers that compose them.
- DockerSlim shrinks fat Docker images creating the smallest possible images.
- SkinnyWhale Skinnywhale helps you make smaller (as in megabytes) Docker containers.
- [@progrium][progrium] Service Discovery articles series:
- Docker and SELinux
- Bringing new security features to Docker
- Docker Secure Deployment Guidelines
- Security Best Practices for Building Docker Images
- Docker Security: Are Your Containers Tightly Secured to the Ship? SlideShare
- Tuning Docker with the newest security enhancements
- Lynis is an open source security auditing tool including Docker auditing
- Understanding Docker security and best practices (written 5 MAY 2015)
- Docker Security Cheat Sheet
- How CVE’s are handled on Offical Docker Images
- Improving Docker Security with Authenticated Volumes
- Performance Analysis of Docker on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Distrubuted JMeter testing using Docker
- nsinit: per-container resource monitoring of Docker containers on RHEL/Fedora
Raspberry Pi & ARM
- git push docker containers to linux devices Modern DevOps for IoT, leveraging git and Docker.
- Docker Pirates ARMed with explosive stuff Huge resource on clustering, swarm, docker, pre-installed image for SD card on Raspberry Pi
- Docker on Raspberry Pi
- Fool-Proof Recipe: Docker on the Raspberry Pi Same article as above but more opinionated.
- Raspberry Pi with Docker 1.5.0
- Swarming Raspberry Pi – Part 1
- Swarming Raspberry Pi, Part 2: Registry & Mirror
- Swarming Raspberry Pi: Docker Swarm Discovery Options
- Uniform Development by Docker & QEMU
- Get Docker up and running on the RaspberryPi in three steps
- Installing, running, using Docker on armhf (ARMv7) devices-devices)
- How to run 2500 webservers on a Raspberry Pi
- Presentation: Docker and JBoss - the perfect combination
- Docker Book by James Turnbul ([@kartar][kartar])
- Docker Cookbook by Sébastien Goasguen ([@sebgoa][sebgoa]) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker Cookbook by Neependra Khare (@neependra) (Publisher: Packt)
- Docker in Action by Jeff Nickoloff (@allingeek)
- Docker in Practice by Ian Miell ([@ianmiell][ianmiell]) and Aidan Hobson Sayers (@aidanhs). ==> Website
- Docker Up & Running by Karl Matthias and Sean P. Kane
- Using Docker by Adrian Mouat (@adrianmouat) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker Security by Adrian Mouat (@adrianmouat) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Kubernetes by David Rensin (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker in Production: Lessons from the Trenches by Joe Johnston (Author), John Fiedler (Author), Milos Gajdos (Author), Antoni Batchelli (Author), Justin Cormack (Author)
- Mastering Docker by Scott Gallagher (Publisher: Packt)
- Learning Docker by Pethuru Raj, Jeeva S. Chelladhurai and Vinod Singh (Publisher: Packt)
- Troubleshooting Docker by John Wooten, Navid Shaikh (Publisher: Packt)
- Orchestrating Docker by Shrikrishna Holla (Publisher: Packt)
- Extending Docker by Russ McKendrick (Publisher: Packt)
- Securing Docker by Scott Gallagher (Publisher: Packt)
- Learning Docker Networking by Rajdeep Dua, Vaibhav Kohli and Santosh Kumar Konduri (Publisher: Packt)
- Docker High Performance by Allan Espinosa (Publisher: Packt)
- Kubernetes Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure by Kelsey Hightower (@kelseyhightower) (Publisher: O’Reilly)
- Docker Container and Container Cloud (Chinese) by Harry Zhang & Jianbo Sun & Zhejiang University SEL Laboratory
- Containers com Docker do desenvolvimento à produção by Daniel Romero (@infoslack)
- Aprendendo Docker: Do básico à orquestração de contêineres by Wellington F. Silva (@_wsilva) (Publisher: Editora Novatec)
- Docker para Desenvolvedores by Rafael Gomes (@kelseyhightower) (Publisher: Leanpub) - 55% finished
- Docker Images
- Docker Compose (Define and run multi-container applications with Docker)
- Docker Machine (Machine management for a container-centric world)
- [Docker Registry]distribution
- Docker Swarm (Swarm: a Docker-native clustering system)
Terminal User Interface
- sen - Terminal user interface for docker engine, by @TomasTomecek
- wharfee - Autocompletion and syntax highlighting for Docker commands.) by @j-bennet
- ctop - A command line / text based Linux Containers monitoring tool that works just like you expect by @yadutaf
- dry - An interactive CLI for Docker containers by @moncho
- dockercraft - Docker + Minecraft = Dockercraft by [@docker][docker]
- dockersql - A command line interface to query Docker using SQL by [@crosbymichael][crosbymichael]
- draw-compose - Utility to draw a schema of a docker compose by @Alexis-benoist
- GoSu - Run this specific application as this specific user and get out of the pipeline (entrypoint script tool) by @tianon
- Chaperone - A single PID1 process designed for docker containers. Does user management, log management, startup, zombie reaping, all in one small package. by @garywiz
- ns-enter (no more ssh, enter name spaces of container) by [@jpetazzo][jpetazzo]
- Squid-in-a-can (in case of proxy problem) by [@jpetazzo][jpetazzo]
- docker-gen (Generate files from docker container meta-data) by [@jwilder][jwilder]
- dockerize (Utility to simplify running applications in docker containers) by [@jwilder][jwilder]
- registrator (Service registry bridge for Docker) by [@progrium][progrium]
- Dockly (Dockly is a gem made to ease the pain of packaging an application in Docker.) by @swipely
- docker-volumes (Docker Volume Manager) by [@cpuguy83][cpuguy83]
- dockerfile_lint (A rule-based ‘linter’ for Dockerfiles) by @redhataccess
- powerstrip (A tool for prototyping Docker extensions) by @clusterhq
- Vagga (Vagga is a containerisation tool without daemons. It is a fully-userspace container engine inspired by Vagrant and Docker, specialized for development environments.) by @tailhook
- dockerode (Not just another Docker Remote API node.js module) by @apocas
- go-dockerclient (Go HTTP client for the Docker remote API.) by @fsouza
- Docker.DotNet (C#/.NET HTTP client for the Docker remote API) by @ahmetalpbalkan
- container-factory - Produces Docker images from tarballs of application source code by @lsqio
- codelift - CodeLift is an automated Docker image build utility for ‘dockerizing’ services by @BoozAllen
- [percheron][percheron] - Organise your Docker containers with muscle and intelligence by @ashmckenzie
- crane - Lift containers with ease. Easy orchestration for images and containers by @michaelsauter
- sherdock - Automatic GC of images based on regexp by [@rancher][rancher]
- bocker (1) - Docker implemented in 100 lines of bash by p8952
- bocker (2) - Write Dockerfile completely in Bash. Extensible and simple. –> Reusable by @icy
- docker-gc - A cron job that will delete old stopped containers and unused images by @spotify
- dlayer - Stats collector for Docker layers by @wercker
- forward2docker - Utility to auto forward a port from localhost into ports on Docker containers running in a boot2docker VM by @bsideup
- dockramp - Proof of Concept: A Client Driven Docker Image Builder by @jlhawn
- portainer - Apache Mesos framework for building Docker images by @tarnfeld
- Gradle Docker plugin - A Docker remote api plugin for Gradle by [@gesellix][gesellix]
- Docker client - A Docker remote api client library for the JVM, written in Groovy by [@gesellix][gesellix]
- Dropdock - A framework designed for Drupal to build fast, isolated development environments using Docker.
- Devstep - Development environments powered by Docker and buildpacks by [@fgrehm][fgrehm]
- Lorry - Lorry is a docker-compose.yml validator and composer by [@CenturyLinkLabs][CenturyLinkLabs]
- Dray - Dray is an engine for managing the execution of container-based workflows. Docker Workflow Engine - UNIX pipes for Docker by [@CenturyLinkLabs][CenturyLinkLabs]
- docker-do - hassle-free docker run, like
envbut for docker by @benzaita
- Docker osx dev - A productive development environment with Docker on OS X by @brikis98
- rocker - Extended Dockerfile builder. Supports multiple FROMs, MOUNTS, templates, etc. by grammarly.
- dexec - Command line interface for running code with Docker Exec images. https://docker-exec.github.io/ written in Go.
- crowdr - Tool for managing multiple Docker containers (docker-compose alternative) by @polonskiy
- ahab - Docker event handling with Python by @instacart
- docker-garby - Docker garbage collection script by @konstruktoid.
- DevLab - Utility for running containerized development environments
- is-docker - Check if the process is running inside a Docker container by [@sindresorhus][sindresorhus]
- Docker meets the IDE - Integrating your favorite containers in the editor of your choice by domeide
- DVM - Docker version manager by @getcarina
- docker-ls - CLI tools for browsing and manipulating docker registries by @mayflower
- habitus - A Build Flow Tool for Docker http://www.habitus.io by @cloud66
- Compose Registry - A very handy search engine for Compose Files
- Docker Clean - A script that cleans Docker containers, images and volumes by @zzrotdesign
- Powerline-Docker - A Powerline segment for showing the status of Docker containers by @adrianmo
- Docker-PowerShell - PowerShell Module for Docker
- docker-compose-search - A search engine for Docker Compose application stacks by @francescou
- Docker Volume Clone Utility - A Docker Utility to Clone Volumes @gdiepen
- docker-companion - A command line tool written in Golang to squash and unpack docker images by @mudler
- sbt-docker-compose - Integrates Docker Compose functionality into sbt by @kurtkopchik
- Whale-linter - A simple and small Dockerfile linter written in Python3+ without dependencies.
- docker-make - build,tag,and push a bunch of related docker images via a single command.
- caduc - A docker garbage collector cleaning stuff you did not use recently
Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Awesome-ciandcd - Not specific to docker but relevant.
- Buddy - The best of Git, build & deployment tools combined into one powerful tool that supercharged our development
- Captain - Convert your Git workflow to Docker containers ready for Continuous Delivery by @harbur
- CircleCI - Push or pull Docker images from your build environment, or build and run containers right on CircleCI.
- CodeFresh - Accelerate your transition to Docker containers
- CodeShip - Work with your established Docker workflows while automating your testing and deployment tasks with our hosted platform dedicated to speed and security.
- Docker plugin for Jenkins - The aim of the docker plugin is to be able to use a docker host to dynamically provision a slave, run a single build, then tear-down that slave.
- Dockunit - Docker based integration tests. A simple Node based utility for running Docker based unit tests. By @dockunit
- Drone - Continuous integration server built on Docker and configured using YAML files.
- GitLab CI - GitLab has integrated CI to test, build and deploy your code with the use of GitLab runners.
- GOCD-DockerGo Server and Agent in docker containers to provision.
- IBM DevOps Services - Continuous delivery using a pipeline deployment onto IBM Containers on Bluemix.
- Shippable - A SaaS platform for developers and DevOps teams that significantly reduces the time taken for code to be built, tested and deployed to production.
- Watchtower - Automatically update running Docker containers by [@CenturyLinkLabs][CenturyLinkLabs]
- Microservices Continuous Deployment - Continuous deployment of a microservices application
- Pumba - Chaos testing tool for Docker. Can be deployed on Kubernets and CoreOS clusters.
- Conduit - Experimental deployment system for Docker by @ehazlett
- depcon - Depcon is written in Go and allows you to easily deploy Docker containers to Apache Mesos/Marathon, Amazon ECS and Kubernetes. By [@gonodr][gondor]
- dockit - Do docker actions and Deploy gluster containers!
- rocker-compose - Docker composition tool with idempotency features for deploying apps composed of multiple containers.
- Zodiac - A lightweight tool for easy deployment and rollback of dockerized applications. By [@CenturyLinkLabs][CenturyLinkLabs]
Hosting for repositories (registries)
Securely store your Docker images. * Docker Hub (provided by Docker Inc.) * Quay.io (part of CoreOS) - Secure hosting for private Docker repositories * GitLab Container Registry - Repositories focused on using it images in GitLab CI * TreeScale - Build and Distriubute container based applicaitons.
Hosting for containers
- Amazon ECS - A management service on EC2 that supports Docker containers.
- [ContainerShip Cloud][containership] - Multi-Cloud Container Hosting Automation Platform.
- Docker Cloud - Former Tutum
- Google Container Engine - Docker containers on Google Cloud Computing powered by [Kubernetes][kubernetes].
- Giant Swarm - Simple microservice infrastructure. Deploy your containers in seconds.
- IBM Bluemix - Run Docker containers in a hosted cloud environment on IBM Bluemix.
- OpenShift Dedicated - A hosted [OpenShift][openshift] cluster for running your Docker containers managed by Red Hat.
- Orchard (part of Docker Inc) - Get a Docker host in the cloud, instantly.
- Triton - Elastic container-native infrastructure by Joyent.
- [nginx-proxy][nginxproxy] - Automated nginx proxy for Docker containers using docker-gen by [@jwilder][jwilder]
- Let’s Encrypt Nginx-proxy Companion - A lightweight companion container for the nginx-proxy. It allow the creation/renewal of Let’s Encrypt certificates automatically. By @JrCs
- h2o-proxy - Automated H2O reverse proxy for Docker containers. An alternative to [jwilder/nginx-proxy][nginxproxy] by @zchee
- docker-proxy - Transparent proxy for docker containers, run in a docker container. By @silarsis
- muguet - DNS Server & Reverse proxy for Docker environments. By @mattallty
- Træfɪk - Automated reverse proxy and load-balancer for Docker, Mesos, Consul, Etcd… By @EmileVauge
- fabio - A fast, modern, zero-conf load balancing HTTP(S) router for deploying microservices managed by consul. By @eBay
- Swarm Ingress Router - Route DNS names to Swarm services based on labels.
- Docker Registry Browser - Web Interface for the Docker Registry HTTP API v2 by @klausmeyer
- Docker Registry UI - A web UI for easy private/local Docker Registry integration by @atc-
- DockerUI - DockerUI is a web interface to interact with the Remote API by [@crosbymichael][crosbymichael]
- Portus - Authorization service and frontend for Docker registry (v2) by @SUSE
- docker-registry-web - Web UI, authentication service and event recorder for private docker registry v2 by @mkuchin
- dockering-on-rails - Simple Web-Interface for Docker with a lot of features by @Electrofenster
- Rapid Dashboard - A simple query dashboard to use Docker Remote API by @ozlerhakan
- docker-swarm-visualizer - Visualizes Docker services on a Docker Swarm (for running demos).
Local Container Manager
- Shutit - Tool for building and maintaining complex Docker deployments by [@ianmiell][ianmiell]
- FuGu - Docker run wrapper without orchestration by @mattes
- Boot2Docker - Docker for OSX and Windows – http://boot2docker.io/
- docker-vm - Simple and transparent alternative to boot2docker (backed by Vagrant) by @shyiko
- Vessel - Automates the setup & use of dockerized development environments by @awvessel
- subuser - Makes it easy to securely and portably run graphical desktop applications in Docker
- OctoHost - Simple web focused Docker based mini-PaaS server. git push to deploy your websites as needed) by @octohost
- [Dokku][dokku] - Docker powered mini-Heroku in around 100 lines of Bash by [@progrium][progrium]
- Ansible - manage docker containers
- Vagrant - Docker provider - Good starting point is vagrant-docker-example by @bubenkoff
- Dray - An engine for managing the execution of container-based workflows. http://Dray.it by [@CenturyLinkLabs][CenturyLinkLabs]
- [percheron][percheron] - Organise your Docker containers with muscle and intelligence by @ashmckenzie
- Dusty - Managed Docker development environments on OS X
- Beluga - CLI to deploy docker containers on a single server or low amount of servers. By @cortextmedia
- libcompose - Go library for Docker Compose.
- DLite - Simplest way to use Docker on OSX, no VM needed. By @nlf
- Azk - Orchestrate development enviornments on your local machine by @azukiapp
- Turbo - Simple and Powerful utility for docker. By [@ramitsurana][ramitsurana]
Volume management and plugins
- Blockbridge - The Blockbridge plugin is a volume plugin that provides access to an extensible set of container-based persistent storage options. It supports single and multi-host Docker environments with features that include tenant isolation, automated provisioning, encryption, secure deletion, snapshots and QoS. By [@blockbridge][blockbridge]
- Convoy - an open-source Docker volume driver that can snapshot, backup and restore Docker volumes anywhere. By [@rancher][rancher]
- Azure Files Volume Driver - A Docker volume driver that allows you to mount persistent volumes backed by Microsoft Azure File Service. By [@ahmetalpbalkan][ahmetalpbalkan]
- Docker Unison A docker volume container using Unison for fast two-way folder sync. Created as an alternative to slow boot2docker volumes on OS X. By @leighmcculloch
- Netshare A Docker volume plugin written in Go that supports mounting NFS, AWS EFS & CIFS volumes within a container. By [@gondor][gondor]
- Docker Machine NFS Activates NFS for an existing boot2docker box created through Docker Machine on OS X.
- REX-Ray Vendor agnostic storage orchestration engine to provide persistent storage for Docker containers as well as Mesos frameworks and tasks.
- Local Persist Specify a mountpoint for your local volumes (created via
docker volume create) so that files will always persist and so you can mount to different directories in different containers.
- Official Images from Docker Hub
- Base Image by @phusion
- Busybox (with either
busybox-static) by [@jpetazzo][jpetazzo]
- OpenWRT by @zoobab
- Phusion Docker Hub Account
- passenger-docker (Docker base images for Ruby, Python, Node.js and Meteor web apps) by @phusion
- [docker-alpine]alpine* using Alpine Linux) by [@gliderlabs][gliderlabs]
- [docker-fluentd]fluentd by [@kiyoto][kiyoto]
- chaperone-docker (A set of images using the Chaperone process manager, including a lean Alpine image, LAMP, LEMP, and bare-bones base kits.)
- nvidia-docker (Build and run Docker containers leveraging NVIDIA GPUs.)
- Collection of Dockerfiles by [@crosbymichael][crosbymichael]
- Dockerfile Project : Trusted Automated Docker Builds. Dockerfile Project maintains a central repository of Dockerfile for various popular open source software services runnable on a Docker container.
- Dockerfile Example by @komljen
- Dockerfile Example 2 by @kstaken
- [Dockerfile @jfrazelle][jfrazelledockerfiles] by [@jfrazelle][jfrazelle] MUST SEE for a fully containerized desktop!
- [Docker Registry v2]distribution
- Rescoyl (Private Docker registry) by [@noteed][noteed]
- Atomic Registry Red Hat Atomic Registry is an open source enterprise registry based on the Origin and Cockpit projects, enhancing the Docker registry library.
- Axibase Time-Series Database (Long-term retention of container statistics and built-in dashboards for Docker. Collected with native Google cAdvisor storage driver.)
- cAdvisor (Analyzes resource usage and performance characteristics of running containers. created by @Google
- Datadog Datadog is a full-stack monitoring service for large-scale cloud environments that aggregates metrics/events from servers, databases, and applications. It includes support for Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
- Dockerana (packaged version of Graphite and Grafana, specifically targeted at metrics from Docker.)
- Docker-mon (Console-based Docker monitoring) by @icecrime
- Glances (A cross-platform curses-based system monitoring tool written in Python) by @nicolargo
- InfluxDB, cAdvisor, Grafana (InfluxDB Time series DB in combination with Grafana and cAdvisor) by [@vegasbrianc][vegasbrianc]
- Meros Analyzes containers resources, captures logs, remote web SSH terminal and powerful DevOps alerts.
- New Relic New Relics Docker Monitoring tool
- Prometheus (Open-source service monitoring system and time series database)
- Ruxit Monitor containerized applications without installing agents or modifying your Run commands
- Seagull (Friendly Web UI to monitor docker daemon.) by @tobegit3hub
- Site24x7 Docker MOnitoring for DevOps and IT is a SaaS Pay per Host model
- Sysdig: An open source troubleshooting tool that provides a rich set of real-time, system-level information. It has container-specific features and is very useful in Docker environments.
- Zabbix Docker module: Zabbix module that provides discovery of running containers, CPU/memory/blk IO/net container metrics. Systemd Docker and LXC execution driver is also supported. It’s a dynamically linked shared object library, so its performance is (~10x) better, than any script solution.
- [SPM for Docker][spm] Monitoring of host and container metrics, Docker events and logs. Automatic log parser. Anomaly Detection and alerting for metrics and logs. [@sematext][sematext]
- Zabbix Docker - Monitor containers automatically using zabbix LLD feature.
- Collecting docker logs and stats with Splunk
- Grafana Docker Dashboard Template - A template for your Docker, Grafana and Prometheus stack [@vegasbrianc][vegasbrianc]
- DoMonit - A simple Docker Monitoring wrapper For Docker API
- Calico-Docker - Calico is a pure layer 3 virtual network that allows containers over multiple docker-hosts to talk to each other.
- Wagl - DNS Service Discovery for Docker Swarm (by [@ahmetalpbalkan][ahmetalpbalkan] ) http://ahmetalpbalkan.github.io/wagl/
- [Weave]weave – Weave creates a virtual network that connects Docker containers deployed across multiple hosts.
- Flannel - Flannel is a virtual network that gives a subnet to each host for use with container runtimes.
- [Docker-Fluentd][fluentd]: (Docker container to Log Other Containers’ Logs. One can aggregate the logs of Docker containers running on the same host using Fluentd.) by [@kiyoto][kiyoto]
- LogJam (Logjam is a log forwarder designed to listen on a local port, receive log entries over UDP, and forward these messages on to a log collection server (such as logstash).) by @gocardless
- Logspout (Log routing for Docker container logs) by [@gliderlabs][gliderlabs]
- [Logsene for Docker][spm] Monitoring of Metrics, Events and Logs implemented in Node.js. Integrated logagent-js to detect and parse various log formats. [@sematext][sematext]
Deployment and Infrastructure
- Centurion: Centurion is a mass deployment tool for Docker fleets. It takes containers from a Docker registry and runs them on a fleet of hosts with the correct environment variables, host volume mappings, and port mappings. By @newrelic
- Clocker: Clocker creates and manages a Docker cloud infrastructure. Clocker supports single-click deployments and runtime management of multi-node applications that run as containers distributed across multiple hosts, on both Docker and Marathon. It leverages [Calico][calico] and [Weave][weave] for networking and [Brooklyn][brooklyn] for application blueprints. By @brooklyncentral
- Cloud 66 - Full-stack hosted container management as a service
- deploy - Git and Docker deployment tool. A middle ground between simple Docker composition tools and full blown cluster orchestration. Declarative configuration and short commands for managing (syncing, building, running) of infrastructures of more than a few services. Able to deploy whole preconfigured server or system of services with a single line (without having to scroll the line).
- Docket: Custom docker registry that allows for lightning fast deploys through bittorrent by @netvarun
- Longshoreman: Longshoreman automates application deployment using Docker. Just create a Docker repository (or use a service), configure the cluster using AWS or Digital Ocean (or whatever you like) and deploy applications using a Heroku-like CLI tool. By longshoreman
- Atlantis - Atlantis is an Open Source PaaS for HTTP applications built on Docker and written in Go
- Deis (Your PaaS, your rules) – http://deis.io/
- [Dokku]dokku by [@progrium][progrium]
- Empire: A PaaS built on top of Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS)
- Flynn (A next generation open source platform as a service) – https://flynn.io/
- [OpenShift]openshift by Red Hat
- Tsuru (Tsuru is an extensible and open source Platform as a Service software) – https://tsuru.io/
- Convox Rack: Convox Rack is open source PaaS built on top of expert infrastructure automation and devops best practices.
- [Rancher][rancher]: Rancher is an open source project that provides a complete platform for operating Docker in production
- Dcw: Docker-compose SSH wrapper: a very poor man PaaS, exposing the docker-compose and custom-container commands defined in container labels.
Remote Container Manager / Orchestration
- autodock (Daemon for Docker Automation) by [@prologic][prologic]
- blimp Uses Docker Machine to easily move a container from one Docker host to another, show containers running against all of your hosts, replicate a container across multiple hosts and more. By @defermat and @schvin
- Capitan Composable docker orchestration with added scripting support by @byrnedo.
- Citadel (Citadel is a toolkit for scheduling containers on a Docker cluster) (unmaintained)
- CloudSlang (CloudSlang is a workflow engine to create Docker process automation)
- ContainerShip (A simple container management platform) – [containership]
- [CoreOS]coreos – https://coreos.com/
- Decking: (Decking aims to simplify the creation, organsation and running of clusters of Docker containers in a way which is familiar to developers)
- Deploying a Containerized App on a Public Node with Mesos (Docker plus Mesosphere provides an easy way to automate and scale deployment of containers in a production environment)
- Flocker (Flocker is a data volume manager and multi-host Docker cluster management tool) by @ClusterHQ
- Gaudi (Gaudi allows to share multi-component applications, based on Docker, Go, and YAM) ~~ project discontinued.
- Kontena (Application Containers for Masses) – https://www.kontena.io/
- [Kubernetes]kubernetes – [kubernetes] See Also awesome-kubernetes by [@ramitsurana][ramitsurana]
- Maestro (Maestro provides the ability to easily launch, orchestrate and manage mulitiple Docker containers as single unit) by @tascanini
- Marathon (Marathon is a private PaaS built on Mesos. It automatically handles hardware or software failures and ensures that an app is “always on”)
- Nomad Project Easily deploy applications at any scale. A Distributed, Highly Available, Datacenter-Aware Scheduler.
- Panamax (Docker Management for Humans) – [panamax.io]
- Rancher (Portable AWS-style infrastructure service for Docker) – http://rancher.com/
- Fleet (A Distributed init System providing low-level orchestration ) – [coreos.com]
- Serf (Service orchestration and management tool) by @hashicorp
- Shipyard (Composable Docker Management) – http://shipyard-project.com/
- MCollective Docker Agent Uses MCollective to orchestrate your Docker containers and images – @m4ce
- ElasticKube open source management platform for Kubernetes.
- Mantl Mantl is a modern platform for rapidly deploying globally distributed services @ciscocloud
- docker-bench-security script that checks for dozens of common best-practices around deploying Docker containers in production. By [@docker][docker]
- notary a server and a client for running and interacting with trusted collections. By [@docker][docker]
- Twistlock Twistlock Security Suite detects vulnerabilities, hardens container images, and enforces security policies across the lifecycle of applications.
- Clair Clair is an open source project for the static analysis of vulnerabilities in appc and docker containers. By [@coreos][CoreOS]
- docker-consul by [@progrium][progrium]
- etcd: A highly-available key value store for shared configuration and service discovery by [@coreOS][coreos]
- Docker Grand Ambassador This is a fully dynamic docker link ambassador. + Article by [@cpuguy83][cpuguy83]
- proxy: lightweight nginx based load balancer self using service discovery provided by registrator. by [