Indico Tile Server (CERN)
This is a simple tile server microservice that we are publishing in hopes of being helpful to others who want to use the map functionality in Indico 2.2 without a commercial provider.
This repository contains the following assets:
- tilemaker configurations (JSON config file and
process.lua) that extract relevant features from the OSM data;
- map style that highlights CERN buildings, following the Mapbox Style Specification;
- Dockerfile which prepares a container that is capable of serving the tiles, based on klokantech's tileserver-gl;
The Dockerfile is made up of two stages:
- the first one downloads the OpenStreetMap data, crops it to a bounding box and generates an
*.mbtilesfile containing relevant data;
- the second one sets up a lightweight tileserver-gl using the data generated above;
It should be quite easy to fork this repo and adapt it to your own context. Shape files were generated using QGIS, from OSM data.
This was possible thanks to the OpenStreetMap project.
$ docker build . -t indico-maps $ docker run -p 8080:8080 -it indico-maps
Then, just connect to https://yourhost:8080.