Jade is green, coffee is beans, and I'm not actually that creative.
Please see our gulpfile for up to date information on what we support.
- CSS Autoprefixing
- Built-in preview server with BrowserSync
- Templating with jade
- Automagically compile Sass with libsass
- Lint your scripts and styles with coffeelint and scss-lint
- Map compiled CSS to source stylesheets with source maps
- Awesome image optimization
- Automagically wire-up dependencies installed with Bower
- CoffeeScript support enabled by default
- E2E testing using webdriver
- A gulpfile that makes use of ES2015 features by using Babel (an optional gulpfile in coffeescript is available)
For more information on what this generator can do for you, take a look at the gulp plugins used in our
Keep in mind that libsass is feature-wise not fully compatible with Ruby Sass. Check out this curated list of incompatibilities to find out which features are missing.
If your favorite feature is missing and you really need Ruby Sass, you can always switch to gulp-ruby-sass and update the
styles task in gulpfile accordingly.
- Install dependencies:
npm install --global yo gulp bower
- Install the generator:
npm install --global generator-beanpod
yo beanpodto scaffold your webapp
gulp serveto preview and watch for changes
bower install --save <package>to install frontend dependencies
gulp serve:testto run the tests in the browser
gulp e2eto run E2E tests in Firefox, or
gulp e2e:chrometo use Chrome
gulpto build your webapp for production
gulp serve:distto preview the production build
- getting started with this generator
- recipes for integrating other popular technologies like Less or React
- details about our Bower setup
--skip-welcome-messageSkips Yeoman's greeting before displaying options.
--skip-install-messageSkips the the message displayed after scaffolding has finished and before the dependencies are being installed.
--skip-installSkips the automatic execution of
npmafter scaffolding has finished.
jasmine. Defaults to
--no-babelScaffolds without Babel support (this only applies to
app/scripts, you can still write ES2015 in the gulpfile)
See the contributing docs.