|:penguin:||October 28, 2016|
Please take a quick look at the contribution guidelines first. If you see a package or project here that is no longer maintained or is not a good fit, please submit a pull request to improve this file. Thank you to all contributors; you rock!
- Editor Support
- Demo Apps
- Dependency Managers
- App Routing
- App Store
- Command Line
- Data Management
- Core Data
- Data Structures
- Key Value Store
- Other Data
- SQL drivers
- Dependency Injection
- Embedded Systems
- 3D Touch
- Key Value Coding
- Auto Layout
- Messaging Protocol
- Natural Language Processing
- Phone Numbers
- Version Manager
An awesome list of Swift related guides.
- API Design Guidelines - Official Swift API design guidelines.
- Apple eBook - Official Apple eBook for swift beginners.
- GitHub - Style guide & coding conventions for Swift projects.
- LinkedIn - LinkedIn’s Official Swift Style Guide
- Raywenderlich - Raywenderlich Swift guide, a must read.
- SlideShare - Style guides that SlideShare uses for their Swift iOS app.
- Swift-Best-Practices - Best practices for software development with Swift.
Third party Guides
- 30 Days of Swift - A cool 30 days tutorial for swift.
- A better way to learn Swift - Learn Swift in a different way.
- Awesome Swift Education - An organized list of essential Swift Language Topics
- Developing iOS 8 Apps with Swift - Stanford course by Paul Hegarty.
- Developing iOS 9 Apps with Swift - Stanford course by Paul Hegarty. (Ongoing)
- Hacking With Swift - Complete Swift training course that teaches app development through 30 hands-on projects, for free. Everything is taught as part of a practical project, so you can immediately apply your knowledge as you learn (projects source code).
- Learn Swift - a collection of tuts that will help you learning Swift via playground.
- Natasha the Robot - Weekly Newsletter on learning Swift
- Practice Swift - an interesting guide to learn Swift.
- Swift A Day - Daily swift experiments by Linda Dong.
- Swift Education - A community of educators sharing materials for teaching Swift and app development.
- Swift Sandbox Newsletter - Swift Sandbox is a weekly newsletter containing a collection of links to the best Swift code and developer tools. Every Friday. Free.
- Swift-Weekly - Weekly Swift Language Gems, Tips and Tricks.
- SwiftDoc - Auto-generated documentation for Swift.
- SwiftGuide CN - A Chinese written guide for Swift.
- SwiftInFlux - A well explained list of feature in flux for Swift.
- SwiftIntro - Memory game in Swift fetching images from any Instagram account. Lists tasks for you to do in order to learn Swift - at three difficulty levels.
- Swifty - App to learn to code in Swift.
- Swift 3 Module Template - An opinionated starting point for awesome, reusable Swift 3 modules
- Webview Boilerplate - Swift starting point for webview app.
Support for your favorite editors.
- swift-mode - Emacs Swift support, including partial flycheck error support.
- swift-vim - play Swift with vim editor.
- vim-polyglot - language pack for vim that includes vim-swift.
- vim-swift - adds Swift support to vim. It covers syntax, indenting, and more.
- Benchmark - The Benchmark module provides methods to measure and report the time used to execute Swift code.
Check out apps on these projects: * awesome-macOS - A curated list of awesome applications, softwares, tools and shiny things for macOS. * open-source-ios-apps - A collaborative list of open-source iOS Apps.
Dependency manager software for Swift. * Carthage - a new dependency manager for Swift. * CocoaPods - the most used dependency manager for Objective-C and Swift (Swift supported since version 0.36.0). * swift-package-manager - SPM is the Package Manager for the Swift Programming Language.
- Design-Patterns-In-Swift - Design Patterns implemented in Swift.
Miscellaneous Swift related projects * generator-swift-framework - Scaffolds out a Xcode framework project based on Swift 2.0. * InteractivePlayground - A playground exploring the interactivity of Xcode 7.3 playgrounds. * MAIKit - A framework for sharing code between iOS and OS X. * sbconstants - A nifty tool to generate constants file by grabbing identifiers from storyboards in a Swift project. * swamp - Icon stamping in Swift. * swift-compiler-crashes - A collection of test cases crashing the Swift compiler. * SwiftGen - A suite of tools written in Swift to auto-generate Swift code for various assets of your project. * Toybox - Xcode Playground management made easy
Here you can find a list of snippets and libs for your Swift projects.
Libs for AI based projects (Machine Learning, Neural Networks etc). back to top
- BrainCore - The iOS and OS X neural network framework
- Swift-AI - An artificial intelligence and machine learning library in Swift.
Libs to help with animation back to top
- Advance - A powerful animation framework for iOS.
- Animo - SpriteKit-like animation builders for CALayers.
- Cheetah - An animation library on iOS with Swift 2.
- DKChainableAnimationKit - Easy to read and write chainable animations in Swift.
- EasyAnimation - A Swift library to take the power of UIView.animateWithDuration(_:, animations:…) to a whole new level.
- FlightAnimator - Natural Blocks Based Core Animation Framework in Swift
- IBAnimatable - Design and prototype UI, interaction, navigation, transition and animation for App Store ready Apps in Interface Builder with IBAnimatable.
- Interpolate - Swift Interpolation framework for creating interactive gesture-driven animations.
- Morgan - An always growing animation set.
- Presentation - A Swift library to help you to make tutorials, release notes and animated pages.
- Pulsator - Pulse animation for iOS.
- Spring - A library to simplify iOS animations in Swift.
- Stellar - A Physical animation library for swift.
- Walker - An animation engine to make your animations easy and more readable.
- ZoomTransitioning - A custom transition with image zooming animation.
Quick libs to get access to third party API services back to top
- Federal Data SDK - Eases access to multiple federal government OpenGov APIs.
- GithubPilot - Github API V3 wrapper.
- GooglePlacesAutocomplete - Simple Google Places address entry for iOS.
- PXGoogleDirections - Google Directions API helper.
- RandomUserSwift - Swift 3 Framework to Generate Random Users - An Unofficial SDK for randomuser.me
- reddift - reddit API wrapper.
- Swifter Twitter - Swifter Twitter framework for Swift.
Internal app routing systems. back to top
- Appz - Launch external apps, and deeplink, with ease using Swift!
- Compass - Compass helps you setup a central navigation system for your application.
- IKRouter - URLScheme router than supports auto creation of UIViewControllers.
- SwiftRouter - A URL Router for iOS written in Swift 2.0
- URLNavigator - Elegant URL Routing for Swift.
Libs to help with apple app store, in app purchases and receipt validation. back to top
- InAppFw - In App Purchase Manager framework.
- SwiftyStoreKit - Lightweight In App Purchases Swift framework.
Libs to work with audio back to top
- AudioKit - Powerful audio synthesis, processing and analysis, without the steep learning curve.
- AudioPlayer - A wrapper around AVPlayer with some cool features.
- AudioPlayerSwift - AudioPlayer is a simple class for playing audio (basic and advanced usage) in iOS, OS X and tvOS apps.
- Beethoven - An audio processing Swift library for pitch detection of musical signals.
- MusicKit - A framework for composing and transforming music in Swift.
- TuningFork - A Simple Tuner for iOS.
Easy way to manage auth in your apps. back to top
- Simplicity - A simple way to implement Facebook and Google login in your iOS and OS X apps.
- Voucher - A simple library to make authenticating tvOS apps easy via their iOS counterparts.
- AwesomeCache - manage cache easy in your Swift project.
- Cache - Nothing but Cache.
- Carlos - A simple but flexible cache.
- EVURLCache - if you want to make your app still works when it’s offline.
- SwiftMemCache - Swift Memory Cache with namespace & TTL support.
- Charts - Beautiful charts for iOS/tvOS/OSX! The Apple side of the crossplatform MPAndroidChart.
- PNChart-Swift - A simple and beautiful chart lib with animation.
- SwiftChart - A simple line and area charting library for iOS. Supports multiple series, partially filled series and touch events.
- TKRadarChart - A customizable radar chart in Swift
Libs to get access to build chat app back to top
- Chatto - A lightweight framework to build chat applications, made in Swift.
- MessageKit - Eventually, a Swift re-write of JSQMessagesViewController.
Interesting snippets related to color management and utility. back to top
- Chameleon - Chameleon is a lightweight, yet powerful, color framework for iOS (Objective-C & Swift).
- Colors - A pure Swift library for using ANSI codes.
- DynamicColor - An extension to manipulate colors in Swift easily.
- FlatUIColors - Flat UI color palette in Swift.
- Google Material Color - Google Material Color Palette in Swift.
- HexColor - Define UIColors as Hex integers.
- Hue - Hue is the all-in-one coloring utility that you’ll ever need.
- PrettyColors - Styles and colors text in the Terminal with ANSI escape codes. Conforms to ECMA Standard 48.
- RandomColorSwift - An attractive color generator for Swift (ported from randomColor.js).
- SwiftGen-Colors - A tool to auto-generate Swift
- SwiftHEXColors - HEX color handling as an extension for UIColor.
- UIColor-Hex-Swift - Hex to UIColor converter.
Create command line applications. back to top
- Commander :penguin: - Compose beautiful command line interfaces in Swift.
- CommandLine :penguin: - A pure Swift library for creating command-line interfaces.
- Swiftline - A set of tools to help you create command line applications.
- SwiftyTextTable :penguin: - A lightweight library to generate text tables.
- TextTable - Easily print textual tables in Swift. Inspired by the Python tabulate library.
Easier ways to work with concurrency. back to top
- Safe - Modern Concurrency and Synchronization for Swift.
- Venice :penguin: - Communicating sequential processes (CSP) for Swift 2 (Linux ready).
- Money - Currency formatter in Swift.
No more pain with Core Data, here are some interesting libs to handle data management. back to top
- AERecord - super awesome Core Data wrapper library for iOS written in Swift.
- AlecrimCoreData - a simple CoreData wrapper library written in Swift.
- Cadmium - A Swift framework that hides the complexity of managed object contexts.
- CoreStore - simple and elegant way to handle CoreData in Swift.
- CoreValue - Lightweight Framework for using Core Data with Value Types.
- DataKernel - DataKernel is a minimalistic wrapper around CoreData stack to ease persistence operations. No external dependencies.
- Graph - An elegant data-driven framework for CoreData in Swift.
- JSQCoreDataKit - A swifter Core Data stack.
- QueryKit - an easy way to play with coredata filtering within your Swift projects.
- Skopelos - A minimalistic, thread safe, non-boilerplate and super easy to use version of Active Record on Core Data.
- SugarRecord - an easy with to work with coredata and realm.
- SuperRecord - A small set of utilities to make working with CoreData and Swift a bit easier.
- Algorithm - A toolset for writing algorithms and probability models in Swift.
- LeetCode_Swift - Solutions to LeetCode interview questions, coded in Swift
- swift-algorithm-club - Algorithms and data structures in Swift, with explanations!
Struggling using json data? Here are some interesting ways to handle it. back to top
- AlamofireJsonToObjects - An Alamofire extension which converts JSON response data into swift objects using Reflection.
- AlamofireObjectMapper - An Alamofire extension which converts JSON response data into swift objects using ObjectMapper.
- Alembic - Functional JSON parsing, mapping to objects, and serialize to JSON.
- Alexander - An extremely simple JSON helper written in Swift.
- Argo - Json parsing library.
- Arrow - Elegant JSON Parsing in Swift.
- Brick - A generic view model for both basic and complex scenarios.
- Decodable :penguin: - JSON parsing for Swift 2.
- Elevate - JSON parsing framework that leverages Swift to make parsing simple, reliable and composable.
- EVReflection - Reflection based JSON encoding and decoding. Including support for NSDictionary, NSCoding, Printable, Hashable and Equatable
- Freddy - A reusable framework for parsing JSON in Swift.
- Genome - A simple, type safe, failure driven mapping library for serializing JSON to models in Swift 2.0.
- Gloss :penguin: - shiny JSON parsing library.
- HandyJSON - A handy swift JSON-object serialization/deserialization libary for swift 2.x/3.x.
- Himotoki - A type-safe JSON decoding library purely written in Swift.
- JASON - JSON parsing with outstanding performances and convenient operators.
- json-swift - A basic library for working with JSON in Swift.
- JSONCodable - Hassle-free JSON encoding and decoding in Swift.
- JSONHelper - lightning fast JSON deserialization and value conversion library for iOS & OS X written in Swift.
- JSONNeverDie - Auto reflection tool from JSON to Model, user friendly JSON encoder / decoder, aims to never die.
- ModelRocket - An iOS framework for creating JSON-based models.
- ObjectMapper - JSON object mapper.
- Pistachio - Generic model framework for Swift.
- PPJSONSerialization - Convert JSON string to Swift Class.
- SwiftJSONParser - JSON parser.
- SwiftyJSON :penguin: - A lib for JSON in Swift with error handling.
- Tailor - A super fast & convenient object mapper tailored for your needs.
- Unbox - The easy to use Swift JSON decoder.
- YamlSwift - Load YAML and JSON documents using Swift.
Key Value Store
- Palau - Swift based typesafe NSUserDefaults with custom rules.
- Prephirences - Manage application preferences, NSUserDefaults, iCloud, Keychain and more.
- Storez - Safe, statically-typed, store-agnostic key-value storage.
- SwiftStore - A Key-Value store for Swift backed by LevelDB.
- SwiftyUserDefaults - a cleaner, nicer syntax for NSUserDefaults.
- Zephyr - Effortlessly synchronize NSUserDefaults over iCloud.
- MongoKitten :penguin: - Pure Swift MongoDB Connector
- Perfect-MongoDB :penguin: - A stand-alone Swift wrapper around the mongo-c client library, enabling access to MongoDB servers.
- SwiftMongoDB - MongoDB connector for Swift.
- CoreModel :penguin: - Pure Swift ORM (Supports Linux)
- fluent :penguin: - Simple ActiveRecord implementation for Swift
Other ways to persist data back to top
- CSVParser :penguin: - Fast Swift parser for CSV
- EVCloudKitDao - Simplified access to CloudKit with support for subscriptions and local caching.
- Realm - Realm is a mobile database: a replacement for Core Data & SQLite (https://realm.io).
- Realm+JSON - A concise Mantle-like way of working with Realm and JSON.
- MySQL :penguin: - MySQL adapter for Swift 2.2.
- MySQL Swift :penguin: - MySQL client library for Swift 2.2.
- Perfect-MySQL :penguin: - A stand-alone Swift wrapper around the MySQL client library, enabling access to MySQL servers.
- Perfect-PostgreSQL :penguin: - A stand-alone Swift wrapper around the libpq client library, enabling access to PostgreSQL servers.
- PostgreSQL :penguin: - PostgreSQL adapter for Swift 2.2.
Are you interested in storing your app data using SQLite? Here are some interesting resources. back to top
- GRDB.swift - A versatile SQLite toolkit for Swift.
- SQLite.swift - A pure Swift framework wrapping SQLite3. Small. Simple. Safe.
- SQLiteDB - sqlite wrapper for Swift.
- SwiftData - simple and Effective SQLite Handling in Swift.
If you prefer to manage XML data formatted entries, here are some helpful libs back to top
- AEXML - xml wrapper.
- AlamofireXmlToObjects - An Alamofire extension for fetching an XML feed and parsing it into objects.
- SWXMLHash - Simple XML parsing in Swift.
- XMLParser - A lightweight XMLParser for assembling and parsing XML values written for iOS 8+ in Swift 2.
- Zip - Swift framework for zipping and unzipping files.
Handle data formatting easily. back to top
- DateHelper - Simple date helper.
- Datez - Swift library for dealing with
- NSDate-Extensions - Practical real-world dates.
- Punctual.swift :penguin: - Swift date handler.
- Swift-NSDate-Extensions - NSDate extensions.
- SwiftDate - Easy NSDate Management in Swift.
- SwiftMoment - A time and calendar manipulation library.
- Tempo - Date and time manager for iOS/OSX written in Swift.
- Timepiece - Intuitive NSDate extensions in Swift.
- TrueTime.swift - Get the true current time impervious to device clock time changes. (NTP library for Swift)
Dependency injection libs back to top
- Cleanse - A Lightweight Swift Dependency Injection Framework by Square.
- Dip - A simple Dependency Injection Container.
- Swinject - A dependency injection framework for Swift.
- Typhoon - Dependency injection toolkit in Swift.
A collection of libs to recognize your device. back to top
- Device - Light weight tool for detecting the current device and screen size written in swift.
- Device.swift - Super-lightweight library to detect used device.
- DeviceKit - DeviceKit is a value-type replacement of UIDevice.
Generate documentation for Swift code back to top
- jazzy - Soulful docs for Swift & Objective-C.
- swiftdoc-parser - SwiftDoc.org header parsing and HTML generating utilities.
Build your embedded Linux projects in Swift on a RaspberryPi, BeagleBone, C.H.I.P. and other boards. back to top
- SMBus-swift :penguin: - Communicate with SMBus/I2C devices.
- SwiftyGPIO :penguin: - Interact with Linux GPIO/SPI/PWM on ARM.
Interact with specific external peripherals. back to top
- 5110LCD_PCD8544.swift :penguin: - Nokia3310/5110 PCD8544 Monochrome LCD display library.
Alternatives to NSNotificationCenter, Key-Value-Observation, or delegation. back to top
- Aftermath - Stateless message-driven micro-framework in Swift.
- Bond - a Swift binding framework.
- BrightFutures - promise and future lib for swift.
- Caravel - A Swift event bus for UIWebView and JS.
- EmitterKit - an implementation of event emitters and listeners in swift.
- Forbind - Functional chaining and Promises in Swift.
- Future - A micro framework providing Future
- FutureKit - A Swift based Future/Promises Library.
- Notificationz - Helping you own
NSNotificationCenterby providing a simple, customizable adapter.
- PromiseKit - async promise programming lib.
- ReactiveCocoa - ReactiveCocoa (RAC) is a Cocoa framework inspired by Functional Reactive Programming. It provides APIs for composing and transforming streams of values over time.
- ReactKit - Swift Reactive Programming.
- Reactor - Powering your RAC architecture.
- ReduxSwift - Predictable state container for Swift apps too
- ReSwift - Unidirectional Data Flow in Swift
- RxSwift - Microsoft Reactive Extensions (Rx) for Swift and iOS/OSX platform.
- SignalKit - Swift event and binding framework.
- Signals - replaces delegates and notifications.
- SwiftEventBus - A publish/subscribe event bus optimized for iOS.
- When - A lightweight implementation of Promises in Swift.
- FileBrowser - Powerful Swift file browser for iOS.
- FileKit - Simple and expressive file management in Swift.
- FileProvider - NSFileManager replacement for Local and Remote (WebDAV/Dropbox/SMB2) files.
- KZFileWatchers - A micro-framework for observing file changes, both local and remote.
- PathKit :penguin: - Effortless path operations in Swift.
A collection of font related snippets. back to top
- Font-Awesome - Use Font Awesome in project written in Swift.
- FontAwesome.swift - Use FontAwesome in your Swift projects.
- FontBlaster - Programmatically load custom fonts into your iOS app.
- GoogleMaterialDesignIcons - google Material Design Icons Font for iOS.
- GoogleMaterialIconFont - Google Material Icon Font for Swift and ObjC.
- IoniconsKit - Use ionicons as UIImage / UIFont in your projects with Swifty manners
- OcticonsKit - Use Octicons as UIImage / UIFont in your projects with Swifty manners.
- OpenSansSwift - OpenSans for Swift.
- Swicon - Use 1600+ icons from FontAwesome and Google Material Icons (and even your own customized icons) in your swift/iOS project!
- SwiftFontName - OS font complements library. Localized font supported.
- SwiftFonts - render all the supported fonts in Swift.
- SwiftIconFont - Fontawesome, Iconic, Ionicons, Octicon porting for Swift.
- Sage :penguin: - A cross-platform chess library for Swift.
- DBPathRecognizer - db path recognizer for letters.
- NiceGesture - Using UIGestureRecognizers in a intuitive way.
- PeekPop - Swift framework for backwards-compatible Peek and Pop.
- SBShortcutMenuSimulator - Allow the iPhone Simulator to test 3D Touch
- SwiftyGestureRecognition - UIGestureRecognizers in Xcode Playgrounds.
- Tactile - Attach function handlers to gesture and control events in a more expressive and safer way.
A category dedicated to hardware related libs back to top
Easy handle new 3D Touch / Force Touch feature thanks to these libs. back to top
- QuickActions - Swift wrapper for iOS Home Screen Quick Actions.
Wrappers around CoreBluetooth back to top
- BlueCap - BlueCap provides a swift wrapper around CoreBluetooth and much more.
- Bluetonium - Bluetonium is a Swift Library that makes it easy to communicate with Bluetooth devices.
- BluetoothKit - Easily communicate between iOS/OSX devices using BLE.
- RxBluetoothKit - iOS & OSX Bluetooth library for RxSwift.
Awesome camera libs back to top
- ALCameraViewController - Camera view controller with custom image picker and image cropping.
- Fusuma - Instagram-like photo browser and a camera feature.
Barcode, QR-code, other code readers back to top
- BarcodeScanner - A simple and beautiful barcode scanner view controller.
- QRCodeReader.swift - Simple QRCode reader in Swift
Interested in using iBeacon in your Swift project? Here some interesting resources. back to top
- iBeacon - iBeacon implementation in Swift.
- JMCBeaconManager - iBeacon Manager.
- SwiftLocation - Location & Beacon Monitoring in Swift.
Manage your device sensors in a faster and easier way back to top
- MotionKit - iOS device sensors wrapper.
An interesting list of image related libs.. back to top
- Agrume - A lemony fresh iOS image viewer written in Swift.
- AlamofireImage - AlamofireImage is an image component library for Alamofire.
- APNGKit - High performance and delightful way to play with APNG format in iOS.
- CYFastImage - display images from web.
- Filterpedia - core image filter
- gifu - highly performant animated GIF support for iOS in Swift.
- GPUImage 2 - GPUImage 2 is a BSD-licensed Swift framework for GPU-accelerated video and image processing.
- HanekeSwift - A lightweight generic cache for iOS written in Swift with extra love for images.
- ImageLoader - A lightweight and fast image loader for iOS written in Swift.
- ImageScout - a Swift implementation of fastimage - supports PNG, GIF, and JPEG.
- JLStickerTextView - A UIImageView allow you to add multiple Label (multiple line text support) on it, you can edit, rotate, resize the Label as you want with one finger ,then render the text on Image.
- KFSwiftImageLoader - An extremely high-performance, lightweight, and energy-efficient pure Swift async web image loader with memory and disk caching for iOS and Watch.
- Kingfisher - a lib for image download and caching.
- MapleBacon - Swift image download and caching library.
- Misen - A script to support using Xcode Asset Catalog in Swift.
- Moa - An image download extension of the image view for iOS, tvOS and macOS.
- Nuke - Advanced pure Swift framework for loading, caching, processing, displaying and preheating images.
- PASImageView - async remote download your image and round them. automatically.
- PassportScanner - Scan the MRZ code of a passport and extract the first name, last name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, expiration date and personal number.
- SkyFloatingLabelTextField - A beautiful and flexible text field control implementation of “Float Label Pattern”.
- SwiftGen-Assets - A tool to auto-generate Swift
enumsfor all your
UIImagesfrom your Assets Catalogs.
- SwiftGif - A small UIImage extension with gif support.
- SwiftSVG - A single pass SVG parser with multiple interface options (String, NS/UIBezierPath, CAShapeLayer, and NS/UIView)
- SwiftyGif - High performance GIF engine.
- TextDrawer - A UIView allows you to add text with gesture on UIView or UIImage, support resize, rotate, move and edit.
- Toucan - Image processing api.
- UIImageColors - iTunes style color fetcher for UIImage.
- UIImageView-BetterFace-Swift - autoresize images and if any face discovered refine the position of the image.
- WDImagePicker - Image picker with customizable crop rectangle (getting update).
- XAnimatedImage - XAnimatedImage is a performant animated GIF engine for iOS written in Swift based on FLAnimatedImage
Key Value Coding
Libraries for key-value coding in Swift back to top
- SwiftKVC - Key-Value Coding (KVC) for native Swift classes and structs.
Do you want to create your own customized keyboard? Here are some interesting resources back to top
Libraries for coding with a simplified API back to top
- BFKit-Swift - A collection of useful classes to develop Apps faster.
- C4iOS - Harnesses the power of native iOS programming with a simplified API.
Libs to help you with layout. back to top
- ManualLayout - Easy to use and flexible AutoLayout alternative for iOS 8+. Supports AsyncDisplayKit.
- Neon - A powerful Swift programmatic UI layout framework.
- Static - A simple static table views for iOS in Swift.
- Stevia - Elegant way to manage layout.
- SwiftBox - Flexbox in Swift, using Facebook’s css-layout.
- ViewMonitor - Confirm view positions with executing app.
Bored of using storyboard? Give a try to declarative auto layout libs. back to top
- AutoLayoutPlus - A bit of steroids for AutoLayout, powered by Swift.
- Cartography - declarative auto layout lib for your project.
- EasyPeasy - Auto Layout made easy.
- FormationLayout - Auto Layout lib supports group layout and size classes.
- MisterFusion - A Swift DSL for AutoLayout. It can be used in both Swift and Objective-C, in addition, it supports Size Class.
- Mortar - A concise but flexible Swift DSL for creating Auto Layout constraints and adding subviews.
- PureLayout - The ultimate API for iOS & OS X Auto Layout.
- Restraint - Minimal Auto Layout in Swift.
- SnapKit - A Swift Autolayout DSL for iOS & OS X.
- SwiftAutoLayout - a small DSL for autolayout.
- Swiftstraints - Powerful auto-layout framework that lets you write constraints in one line of code.
Frameworks that helps with localizing your app back to top
- BartyCrouch - Incrementally update/translate your Strings files from Code and Storyboards/XIBs.
- IBLocalizable - Localize your views directly in Interface Builder with IBLocalizable
- Localize-Swift - Localize apps using e.g. regular expressions in Localizable.strings.
- NoOptionalInterpolation - Get rid of “Optional(…)” and “nil” in string interpolation. Easy pluralization.
- Swifternalization - Localize apps using e.g. regular expressions in Localizable.strings.
- SwiftGen-L10n - A tool to auto-generate Swift
enumsfor all your Localizable.strings keys (with appropriate associated values if those strings contains printf-format placeholders like
- STLocationRequest - An elegant and simple 3D Flyover Location Request Screen in Swift.
Utilities for writing to and reading from the device log back to top
- AEConsole - Customizable Console UI overlay with debug log on top of your iOS App.
- CleanroomASL :penguin: - Low-level Swift API for writing to and reading from the Apple System Log daemon.
- CleanroomLogger :penguin: - Configurable and extensible high-level logging API that is simple, lightweight and performant.
- Duration :penguin: - Lightweight logging library focused on reporting timings for operations.
- Evergreen - Most natural Swift logging
- HeliumLogger :penguin: - IBM’s lightweight logging framework.
- Log - A logging tool with built-in themes, formatters, and a nice API to define your owns.
- Puree - A log collector for iOS.
- QorumLogs - Swift Logging Utility for Xcode & Google Docs.
- Rainbow :penguin: - Delightful console output for Swift developers.
- Swell - a logging utility for Swift.
- SwiftyBeaver :penguin: - Multi-platform logging during development & release in Swift 2 & 3.
- Watchdog - A Swift utility for logging excessive blocking on the main thread.
- WatchdogInspector - A logging tool to show the current framerate (fps) in the status bar of your iOS app.
- Willow - Willow is a powerful, yet lightweight logging library written in Swift.
- XCGLogger - Full featured & Configurable logging utility with log levels, timestamps, and line numbers.
- GEOSwift - The Swift Geographic Engine, make it easier to work with geographic models and calculate intersections, overlapping, projections etc.
- Arithmosophi - Set of protocols for Arithmetic and Logical operations.
- DDMathParser - DDMathParser makes it easy to parse a String and evaluate it as a mathematical expression.
- PlotKit - Plots made easy.
- SigmaSwiftStatistics - A collection of functions for statistical calculation.
- swix - A general matrix language.
- Upsurge - Simple and fast matrix and vector math for Swift.
A list of libs that allow you to decrease the amount of time spent dealing with http requests. back to top
- agent - http request agent.
- Alamofire :penguin: - elegant networking in Swift.
- APIKit - a library for building type-safe web API client.
- BigBrother - Automatically sets the network activity indicator for any performed request.
- Endpoint - :rocket: Elegant API Abstraction for Swift.
- Heimdallr.swift - Easy to use OAuth 2 library for iOS.
- Just - HTTP for Humans (a python-requests style HTTP library in Swift).
- Malibu - A networking library built on promises.
- Moya - network abstraction layer.
- Net - an httprequest wrapper.
- Netfox - A lightweight, one line setup, network debugging library in Swift.
- OAuth2 - oauth2 auth lib.
- OAuthSwift - Swift based OAuth library for iOS.
- PeerKit - An open-source Swift framework for building event-driven, zero-config Multipeer Connectivity apps.
- Pitaya :penguin: - A Swift HTTP / HTTPS networking library just incidentally execute on machines.
- Postal - Swift framework providing simple access to common email providers.
- Reach - A simple class to check for internet connection availability in Swift.
- Reachability.swift - A replacement for Apple’s Reachability re-written in Swift with closures.
- ResponseDetective - A non-intrusive framework for intercepting any outgoing requests and incoming responses between your app and server for debugging purposes.
- RSNetworking - Network library written purely in Swift.
- Siesta - egant abstraction for REST APIs that untangles stateful messes. An alternative to callback- and delegate-based networking.
- Stargate - A communication channel from your Mac to your watch.
- SwiftHTTP - NSURLSession wrapper.
- SwiftyOAuth - A small OAuth library with a built-in set of providers
- Transporter - A tiny library makes uploading and downloading easier.
Need to manipulate contents from html easily? back to top
- Fuzi - A fast & lightweight XML/HTML parser with XPath & CSS support.
- Ji - an XML/HTML parser for Swift.
- Kanna - another XML/HTML parser for Swift.
- WKZombie - Headless browser
- CocoaMQTT - MQTT for iOS and OS X written with Swift.
- BlueSocket :penguin: - IBM’s low level socket framework.
- Socket.IO :penguin: - Socket.IO client for iOS/OS X.
- SocketIO-Kit - Socket.io iOS and OSX Client.
- Socks :penguin: - Pure-Swift Sockets: TCP, UDP; Client, Server; Linux, OS X.
- Starscream - Websockets in swift for iOS and OSX.
- SwiftSocket - simple TCP socket library.
- SwiftWebSocket - A high performance WebSocket client library for swift.
- WebSocket :penguin: - WebSockets server for Swift 2.2 on Linux.
Would you like host a webserver in your device? Here you can find how to do it. back to top
- Blackfish :penguin: - HTTP Webserver inspired by Express.js.
- Curassow :penguin: - Swift HTTP server using the pre-fork worker model.
- Dynamo :penguin: - DynamoLinux - High Performance (nearly)100% Swift Web server supporting dynamic content.
- Express :penguin: - Swift Web Application framework, supporting both Synchronous and Asynchronous (Futures based) styles. Inspired by Play framework and Express.js.
- Frank :penguin: - Frank is a DSL for quickly writing web applications in Swift.
- http4swift :penguin: - A simple HTTP server written in Swift.
- Kitura :penguin: - IBM’s web framework and server for web services written in Swift.
- Kunugi :penguin: - Minimal web framework and middleware for Swift.
- NetworkObjects - REST HTTP Server written in Swift. Builds REST API from Core Data.
- Noze.io :penguin: - Evented I/O streams a.k.a. Node.js for Swift.
- Perfect :penguin: - Server-side Swift. The Perfect library, application server, connectors and example apps.
- Swift-Server - Currently, a very basic proof-of-concept Swift HTTP server that does not require Foundation.
- swifter :penguin: - Http server written in Swift with routing handler.
- Swifton :penguin: - A Ruby on Rails inspired Web Framework for Swift that runs on Linux and OS X.
- SwiftyHTTP - A simple GCD based HTTP client and server, written in ‘pure’ Swift.
- Tailor - A framework for building web apps using Apple’s Swift programming language.
- Taylor - A lightweight library for writing HTTP web servers with Swift.
- Trevi - A powerful Swift Web Application Server Framework Project.
- Vapor :penguin: - Elegant web framework for Swift that works on iOS, OS X, and Ubuntu.
- XcodeServerSDK - Access Xcode Server API with native Swift objects.
- Zewo :penguin: - Server-Side Swift.
Natural Language Processing
- LangKit - Natural Language Processing (NLP) toolkit for Swift.
- SwiftOCR - Neural Network based OCR lib written in swift.
- PDFGenerator - A simple Generator of PDF in Swift. Generate PDF from view(s) or image(s).
- SimplePDF - Create a simple PDF effortlessly.
- SwiftFormat - Auto formatting Swift code, similar to Clang format.
- SwiftLint - A tool to enforce Swift coding conventions for your Swift code.
- Swimat - Xcode plugin to format Swift code.
- Tailor :penguin: - Cross-platform static analyzer for Swift that helps you to write cleaner code and avoid bugs.
Deal with cryptography method easily in Swift back to top
- CryptoSwift :penguin: - Crypto related functions and helpers for Swift implemented in Swift programming language.
- IDZSwiftCommonCrypto - A wrapper for Apple’s Common Crypto library written in Swift.
- OpenSSL :penguin: - OpenSSL helpers for Swift 2.2 on Linux.
- SweetHMAC - A tiny and easy to use Swift class to encrypt strings using HMAC algorithms.
- Swift-Sodium - Swift interface to the Sodium library for common crypto operations for iOS and OS X.
- SwiftSSL - add crypto toolkit in Swift.
- keychain-swift - Helper functions for saving text in Keychain securely for iOS, OS X, tvOS and watchOS.
- KeychainAccess - Simple Swift wrapper for Keychain that works on iOS and OS X.
- KeyClip - Keychain framework for iOS written in Swift.
- Latch - A simple Swift Keychain Wrapper for iOS.
- Locksmith - A powerful, protocol-oriented library for working with the iOS Keychain in Swift.
- SwiftKeychainWrapper - a simple static wrapper for the iOS Keychain to allow you to use it in a similar fashion to user defaults.
- Live - Demonstrate how to build a live broadcast app.
A collection of testing frameworks. back to top
- Buildasaur - Automatic testing of your Pull Requests on GitHub and BitBucket using Xcode Server.
- CatchingFire - Test Library for Swift’s Error Handling.
- DVR - A simple network testing framework for Swift.
- Fakery - Swift fake data generator.
- OHHTTPStubs - A testing library designed to stub your network requests easily.
- PinpointKit - An open-source iOS library in Swift that lets your testers and users send feedback with annotated screenshots and logs using a simple gesture.
- Quick :penguin: - Quick is a behavior-driven development framework for Swift and Objective-C.
- Sleipnir - BDD-style framework for Swift.
- Spectre :penguin: - BDD Framework for Swift.
- SwiftCheck - A testing library that automatically generates random data for testing program properties.
- UI Testing Cheat Sheet - Answers to common “How do I test this with UI Testing?” questions with a working example app.
- Cuckoo - First boilerplate-free mocking framework for Swift
- Kakapo - Dynamically Mock server behaviors and responses in Swift
- Mockingjay - An elegant library for stubbing HTTP requests with ease in Swift.
- Mockit - A simple mocking framework for Swift, inspired by the famous Mockito for Java.
- SwiftMock - A mocking framework for Swift
A collection of text projects. back to top
- edhita - Fully open source text editor for iOS written in Swift.
- Format - Swift formatting kit for numbers, addresses and colors.
- Markdown :penguin: - Markdown templates for Swift. Based on Discount library (a library used deep down by GitHub markdown)
- Parsey - Parser combinator framework that supports source location tracking, backtracking prevention, and rich error messages.
- Pluralize.swift - Great Swift String Pluralize Extension.
- PrediKit - An NSPredicate DSL for iOS & OS X inspired by SnapKit and written in Swift.
- PySwiftyRegex - Easily deal with Regex in Swift in a Pythonic way.
- Reductio - Automatic summarizer text in Swift.
- Regex by brynbellomy - Swift wrapper class for
NSRegularExpression. Includes a
map()override and an operator (
=~) for a more Swift-like API.
- Regex by crossroadlabs :penguin: - very easy to use, Regular Expressions library with rich functionality. Features both operator
=~and method based APIs. Unit tests covered.
- RichEditorView - RichEditorView is a simple, modular, drop-in UIView subclass for Rich Text Editing.
- Roman :penguin: - Seamless Roman numeral conversion in Swift.
- SmarkDown :penguin: - Markdown processing for Swift, conforming to Gruber’s standards.
- SwiftString - A lightweight string extension for Swift.
- SwiftVerbalExpressions - VerbalExpressions porting for swift
- SwiftyAttributes - Swift extensions that make it a breeze to work with attributed strings.
- SyntaxKit - TextMate-style syntax highlighting.
- TextAttributes - An easier way to compose attributed strings.
*Threading, task-based or asynchronous p