A simple web-based tool for Spriting and Pixel art.
Piskel is mainly developped by :
What's the point ?
You can use Piskel to do two things :
- spriting : create retro-style sprites for games
- pixelart : create crazy/pretty pixelart animations for fun !
Integrated in piskelapp.com, you can share everything you work on with others as easily as you share a link.
Piskel supports the following browsers :
- Chrome (latest)
- Firefox (latest)
- Internet Explorer 11+
... and a fairly recent computer.
We don't plan/want/could be forced into supporting older IEs. For Opera and Safari, we've never tested them but the gap shouldn't be huge.
Offline builds are available. More details in the dedicated wiki page.
We also use the following libraries :
- spectrum : awesome standalone colorpicker
- supergif : modified version of SuperGif to parse and import GIFs
- canvas-toBlob : shim for canvas toBlob
- jquery : used sporadically in the application
- bootstrap-tooltip : nice tooltips
As well as some icons from the Noun Project :
- Folder by Simple Icons from The Noun Project
- (and probably one or two others)
Help is always welcome !
- Issues : Found a problem when using the application, want to request a feature, open an issue.
- Participate : Have a look at the wiki to set up the development environment
Copyright 2017 Julian Descottes
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
There is no support for mobile for now.