Ember.js Generator Plus!
The Ember.js generator plus is a fork of the [emberjs-generator] (https://github.com/yeoman/generator-ember) which aims to give the same functionality as the main emberjs-generator but includes the following Plus features:
- No questions asked! installs all the latest technologies without bothering you with questions
- [Ember-simple-auth] (https://github.com/simplabs/ember-simple-auth) full integration working out of the box!
- FontAwesome 4
- [Bootstrap-for-ember] (https://github.com/ember-addons/bootstrap-for-ember)
- Latest Ember version!(1.8.0)
npm install -g grunt-contrib-compass
- Bower ( which requires git installed )
- gem install compass
- gem install --pre sass-css-importer
You should have one path each for:
which ruby && which compass
You can either get started using the guide in our documentation lower down or via one of the community-authored tutorials about this generator.
- please remember to use generator-ember-plus instead of generator-ember
- Yeoman Ember - the missing tutorial
- Productive out-of-the-box with Yeoman and Ember
npm install -g generator-ember-plus
mkdir myemberapp && cd myemberapp(The directory's name is your application's name)
npm install -g grunt-mocha
A welcome page should appear in your browser.
Creates a model, views, handlebars, controllers, view/edit routes, and some basic fixtures given an arg, as in:
yo ember-plus:model User name:string zipcode:number
Creates a view and template given an arg, as in
yo ember-plus:view Foo
KNOWN ISSUE: IF YOU ADD A NEW VIEW, REGARDLESS OF WITH WHICH GENERATOR, YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE SERVER.
Creates a view, handlebar, controller and route given an arg, as in:
yo ember-plus:controller Bar
(and updates router.js, overwrite when prompted)
Creates a component and a template for that component given an arg, as in:
yo ember-plus:component x-player
Which can be used in the application with
Skips the automatic execution of
npmafter scaffolding has finished.
mocha. Can be switched for another supported testing framework like
--coffee(NOTE: not fully supported yet)
Enable support for CoffeeScript.
Enables support for karma test runner
Testing your app is as simple as running
grunt test. The generator ships with the
karma test runner for running the tests. Integration
tests are written with ember-testing
and preferably mocha. Karma is highly configurable and you can take a look at the varity of options
on its website.
Command not found
-bash: yo: command not found
You need to make sure that npm is on your path. Add the following to your .bash_profile (or .bashrc):
You specified the templateName ... but it did not exist.
You probably added a view; restart the server.