liangzan-contacts is a fork of the contacts_19 gem. It aims to be compatible with 1.9 and above. It also provide interfaces to many European email providers.
Contacts is a universal interface to grab contact list information from various providers including Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, Plaxo, Yahoo, GMX.net, Web.de, inbox.it, sezname.cz.
$ gem install liangzan-contacts
or on the Gemfile
gem 'liangzan-contacts', '~>1.2.8', :require => 'contacts'
For a long time, the only way to get a list of contacts from your free online email accounts was with proprietary PHP scripts that would cost you $50. The act of grabbing that list is a simple matter of screen scrapping and this library gives you all the functionality you need. Thanks to the generosity of the highly popular Rails website MOG (http://mog.com) for allowing this library to be released open-source to the world. It is easy to extend this library to add new free email providers, so please contact the author if you would like to help.
returns [["name", "[email protected]"], ["another name", "[email protected]"]]
Contacts::Hotmail.new(login, password).contacts Contacts::Yahoo.new(login, password).contacts Contacts::Gmail.new(login, password).contacts
Contacts.new(:gmail, login, password).contacts Contacts.new(:hotmail, login, password).contacts Contacts.new(:yahoo, login, password).contacts
Notice there are three ways to use this library so that you can limit the use as much as you would like in your particular application. The Contacts.guess method will automatically concatenate all the address book contacts from each of the successful logins in the case that a username password works across multiple services.
== Captcha error
If there are too many failed attempts with the gmail login info, Google will raise a captcha response. To integrate the captcha handling, pass in the token and response via:
Contacts::Gmail.new(login, password, :captcha_token => params[:captcha_token], :captcha_response => params[:captcha_response]).contacts
See the examples/ directory.
- Britt Selvitelle from Twitter (mailto:[email protected]) - http://twitter.com
- Tony Targonski from GigPark (mailto:[email protected]) - http://gigpark.com
- Waheed Barghouthi from Watwet (mailto:[email protected]) - http://watwet.com
- Glenn Sidney from Glenn Fu (mailto:[email protected]) - http://glennfu.com
- Brian McQuay from Onomojo (mailto:[email protected]) - http://onomojo.com
- Adam Hunter (mailto:[email protected]) - http://adamhunter.me/
- Glenn Ford (mailto:[email protected]) - http://www.glennfu.com/
- Leonardo Wong (mailto:[email protected])
- Rusty Burchfield
- Wong Liang Zan (mailto:[email protected]) - http://liangzan.net
- Laurynas Butkus
This library is released under the terms of the BSD.