Meteor is an ultra-simple environment for building modern web applications.
With Meteor you write apps:
- that send data over the wire, rather than HTML
- using your choice of popular open-source libraries
Try the getting started tutorial.
On Windows, simply go to https://www.meteor.com/install and use the Windows installer.
On Linux/macOS, use this line:
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
Create a project:
meteor create try-meteor
cd try-meteor meteor
Slow Start (for developers)
If you’re interested in developing Meteor itself, or running unreleased, bleeding-edge code, please refer to the details found in Development.md.
To find more information about contributing to Meteor (whether fixing bugs or adding features), please see Contributing.md.
Aside from a short launcher shell script, Meteor installs itself inside your home directory. To uninstall Meteor, run:
rm -rf ~/.meteor/ sudo rm /usr/local/bin/meteor
On Windows, just run the uninstaller from your Control Panel.
Building an application with Meteor?
- Announcement list: sign up at http://www.meteor.com/
- Having problems? Ask for help at: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/meteor
- Discussion forums: https://forums.meteor.com/
Interested in contributing to Meteor?
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues
- Contribution guidelines: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/tree/devel/Contributing.md
We are hiring! Visit https://www.meteor.com/jobs to learn more about working full-time on the Meteor project.