Signify (or just Sy) uses the sign column to indicate added, modified and removed lines in a file that is managed by a version control system (VCS).
- Supports git, mercurial, darcs, bazaar, subversion, cvs, rcs, fossil, accurev, perforce, tfs.
- Asynchronous execution of VCS tools for Vim 7.4.1967+ and Neovim.
- Preserves signs from other plugins.
- Handles nested repositories controlled by different VCS.
- Provides mappings for navigating hunks ("blocks of changed lines").
- Provides an operator that acts on hunks.
- Alternative workflow: Disable the plugin by default and toggle it per buffer on demand.
- Optional line highlighting.
- Optional skipping of filetypes/filenames.
- Optional stats in the statusline.
- Works out of the box, but allows fine-grained configuration.
- Great documentation and handsome maintainers!
If git is the only version control system you use, I suggest having a look at vim-gitgutter.
- Understand how the plugin works:
- Spare the plugin some work and read:
Author and Feedback
If you like this plugin, star it! It's a great way of getting feedback. The same goes for reporting issues or feature requests.