My Rails 3 Application Template
I use this to create new Rails apps tailored to my preferences. Like this, for example:
cd ~/code git clone git://github.com/mileszs/rails3_template.git rails new appname -d postgresql -m rails3_template/template.rb
What it do:
- Populates the Gemfile with a ton of shit (just go look at partials/_gemfile.rb).
- Creates an .rvmrc
- Sets up Simple Form
- Throws in a couple helpers (for title and meta description)
- git init . and commit all that shit.
- 960.gs? Twitter Bootstrap? Skeleton?
- Jammit? Jammit + those rake tasks I wrote for Heroku + Jammit?
- FastestForward’s heroku_san? … At least as an option, right?
Mike Fischer’s Rails app template was a huge help. I copied much of this template from his. I also used Jeremy McAnally’s rails-templates repo for some inspiration. Also, Collin Schaafsma has a decent method reference, though it might be incomplete.