Jega is a concurrent networking and cooperative multitasking library for Python3.
- Fast event loop based on picoev_.
- Lightweight task based on greenlet_ and fast scheduler.
- Cooperative synchronization primitives: locks, events, queues, channels
- Futures API (almost) compatible with the standard library
- DNS queries performed through c-ares_ or a threadpool.
- Cooperative versions of several standard library modules
- Ability to use standard library and 3rd party modules written for standard blocking sockets
Jega is inspired by gevent and evergreen and PEP3156.
Jega requires Python 3.x >= 3.2 . and greenlet >= 0.4.0.
Jega supports Linux, FreeBSD (Mac OS X not test).
Install from pypi::
$ easy_install -ZU jega
If you install Jega with lastest source code, run
$ python setup.py develop $ python setup.py install
Jega use py.test_.
From the toplevel directory, run:
.. _picoev: https://github.com/kazuho/picoev .. _greenlet: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/greenlet .. _py.test: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest .. _evergreen: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/evergreen .. _gevent: http://www.gevent.org .. _c-ares: http://c-ares.haxx.se/