Copyright © 2000-2015 NAKAMURA, Hiroshi [email protected].
‘httpclient’ gives something like the functionality of libwww-perl (LWP) in Ruby. ‘httpclient’ formerly known as ‘http-access2’.
See HTTPClient for documentation.
- methods like GET/HEAD/POST/* via HTTP/1.1.
- HTTPS(SSL), Cookies, proxy, authentication(Digest, NTLM, Basic), etc.
- asynchronous HTTP request, streaming HTTP request.
- debug mode CLI.
- by contrast with net/http in standard distribution;
- Cookies support
- streaming POST (POST with File/IO)
- Digest auth
- Negotiate/NTLM auth for WWW-Authenticate (requires net/ntlm module; rubyntlm gem)
- NTLM auth for Proxy-Authenticate (requires ‘win32/sspi’ module; rubysspi gem)
- extensible with filter interface
- you don’t have to care HTTP/1.1 persistent connection (httpclient cares instead of you)
- Not supported now
- Rather advanced HTTP/1.1 usage such as Range, deflate, etc. (of course you can set it in header by yourself)
httpclient get https://www.google.co.jp/?q=ruby
For 1) it issues a GET request to the given URI and shows the wiredump and the parsed result. For 2) it invokes irb shell with the binding that has a HTTPClient as ‘self’. You can call HTTPClient instance methods like;
get "https://www.google.co.jp/", :q => :ruby
- Name:: Hiroshi Nakamura
- E-mail:: [email protected]
- Project web site:: http://github.com/nahi/httpclient
This program is copyrighted free software by NAKAMURA, Hiroshi. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms of Ruby’s license; either the dual license version in 2003, or any later version.
httpclient/session.rb is based on http-access.rb in http-access/0.0.4. Some part of it is copyrighted by Maebashi-san who made and published http-access/0.0.4. http-access/0.0.4 did not include license notice but when I asked Maebashi-san he agreed that I can redistribute it under the same terms of Ruby. Many thanks to Maebashi-san.
You can install httpclient via rubygems:
gem install httpclient
See HTTPClient for documentation. You can also check sample/howto.rb how to use APIs.
Bug report or Feature request
Please file a ticket at the project web site.
- find a similar ticket from https://github.com/nahi/httpclient/issues
- create a new ticket by clicking ‘Create Issue’ button.
- you can use github features such as pull-request if you like.