Webapp generator with Material Design
Yeoman generator that scaffolds out a front-end web app with a material design theme.
- CSS Autoprefixing
- Built-in preview server with LiveReload
- Automagically compile ES6 (with Babel) & Sass
- Automagically lint your scripts
- Automagically wire up your Bower components with grunt-wiredep.
- Awesome Image Optimization (via OptiPNG, pngquant, jpegtran and gifsicle)
- Mocha Unit Testing with PhantomJS
- Bootstrap with Material design theme (Optional)
- Leaner Modernizr builds (Optional)
- Heroku ready deployment settings
For more information on what
generator-webapp-material can do for you, take a look at the Grunt tasks used in our
npm install -g generator-webapp-material
gruntfor building and
grunt servefor preview*.
--allow-remoteoption for remote access.
Deployment To Heroku
- Setup heroku-toolbelt
sh $ grunt build $ heroku create [PROJECT_NAME] $ git push heroku master
Third-party dependencies are managed with grunt-wiredep. Add new dependencies using Bower and then run the Grunt task to load them:
$ bower install --save jquery $ grunt wiredep
This works if the package author has followed the Bower spec. If the files are not automatically added to your source code, check with the package’s repo for support and/or file an issue with them to have it updated.
To manually add dependencies,
bower install --save depName to get the files, then add a
style tag to your
index.html or another appropriate place. If using bower reference them from index.html, using
Testing Note: a project checked into source control and later checked out needs to have
bower install run from the
test folder as well as from the project root.
Grunt Serve Note
grunt serve to preview versions of your project.
Any and all contributors are welcome! Check out below for posterity and then work here. See the contributing docs.