Yeoman generator that scaffolds out a front-end web app.
- CSS Autoprefixing (new)
- Built-in preview server with LiveReload
- Automagically compile CoffeeScript & Compass
- Automagically lint your scripts
- Automagically wire up your Bower components inside your RequireJS config with.
- Automagically trace dependencies with RequireJS.
- Awesome Image Optimization (via OptiPNG, pngquant, jpegtran and gifsicle)
- Mocha Unit Testing with PhantomJS
- Optional - Twitter Bootstrap for SASS
- Optional - Leaner Modernizr builds (new)
For more information on what
generator-webapp can do for you, take a look at the Grunt tasks used in our
npm install -g generator-webapp-rjs
gruntfor building and
grunt servefor preview *
Third-party dependencies are managed with bower-install. Add new dependencies using Bower and then run the Grunt task to load them:
bower install --save jquery grunt bower-install
This works if the package author has followed the Bower spec. If the files are not automatically added to your index.html, check with the package’s repo for support and/or file an issue with them to have it updated.
To manually add dependencies,
bower install depName --save to get the files, then add a
style tag to your
index.html or an other appropriate place.
Grunt Serve Note
grunt server was previously used for previewing in earlier versions of the project and is being deprecated in favor of
Skips the automatic execution of
npm after scaffolding has finished.
mocha. Can be switched for another supported testing framework like
Add support for CoffeeScript.
See the contributing docs
Note: We are regularly asked whether we can add or take away features. If a change is good enough to have a positive impact on all users, we are happy to consider it.
generator-webapp is fork-friendly and you can always maintain a custom version which you
npm install && npm link to continue using via
yo webapp or a name of your choosing.