ack is a code-searching tool, similar to grep but optimized for programmers searching large trees of source code. It runs in pure Perl, is highly portable, and runs on any platform that runs Perl.
ack is written and maintained by Andy Lester ([email protected]).
- Project home page: https://beyondgrep.com/
- Code home page: https://github.com/petdance/ack2
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/petdance/ack2/issues
- Mailing list for announcements: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ack-announcements
- Mailing list for users: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ack-users
- Mailing list for developers: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ack-dev
ack requires Perl 5.8.8 or higher. Perl 5.8.8 was released January 2006.
# Required perl Makefile.PL make make test sudo make install # for a system-wide installation (recommended) # - or - make ack-standalone cp ack-standalone ~/bin/ack2 # for a personal installation