Welcome to Acrylamid
This project is no longer maintained, use at your own risk. Or fork it.
- don't try the master branch unless you are very sure about the not yet documented changes.
- PyPi releases (0.7.x) do not work with Python 3.3+ due dependency pinning. The upcoming 0.8 release will drop support for 3.2, but fully supports 3.3 and higher.
- yes, the name will change (still searching for a good name) and a transition from "static blog generator" to "static site generator" is already on my todo list.
Acrylamid is a mixture of
Pyblosxom <http://pyblosxom.github.io> and
licensed under BSD Style, 2 clauses. It is actively developed at
.. _Build Status: http://travis-ci.org/posativ/acrylamid .. |Build Status| image:: https://secure.travis-ci.org/posativ/acrylamid.png?branch=master
- it is really fast due incremental builds
- support for Jinja2 and Mako templates
- many Markdown extensions and custom reStructuredText directives
- MathML_, enhanced typography and hyphenation using soft-hyphens
Oh, and it can also generate a static blog with articles, static pages, tags, RSS/Atom feeds (also per tag), article listing and a sitemap.
.. _Jinja2: http://jinja.pocoo.org/ .. _Mako: http://www.makotemplates.org/ .. _MathML: http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimath.html
Why the name “Acrylamid”?
I'm studying bioinformatics and I was experimenting with Acrylamide at this time. I'm really bad at naming. If you have a better name, please tell me! Two requirements: reasonably speakable and tab-completion after 3 characters.
With Acrylamid you can write your weblog entries with your editor of choice in Markdown, reStructuredText or textile. With several content filters you can pimp your HTML (typography, math, hyphenation). Acrylamid provides a very sophisticated CLI and integrates perfectly with any DVCes. It generates completely static HTML you can host everywhere.
supported markup languages
- Markdown_ and additional extensions (support for MathML_, deletion/insertion, sub- and supscript, syntax highlighting …) - reStructuredText_ with directives for syntax highlighting and youtube video embedding - textile_, discount_, all dialects supported by pandoc_ and plain HTML You miss one? Extend Acrylamid in `less than 30 LoC`_! .. _Markdown: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/ .. _reStructuredText: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html .. _textile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textile_%28markup_language%29 .. _discount: http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/discount/ .. _pandoc: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/ .. _less than 30 LoC: https://posativ.org/git/acrylamid/blob/master/acrylamid/filters/pytextile.py other filters
- support for Jinja2 and Mako directly in postings (before they get processed)
- typography (and smartypants)
- TeX hyphenation
- summarize ability
acronym detection_ that automatically replace acronyms and abbreviations
liquid pluginsported from
.. _typography: https://code.google.com/p/typogrify/ .. _smartypants: http://daringfireball.net/projects/smartypants/ .. _acronym detection: http://pyblosxom.github.io/Documentation/1.5/plugins/acronyms.html .. _liquid plugins: http://octopress.org/docs/plugins/
- you like the `YAML front matter`_ from Jekyll_ or nanoc_? First choice in Acrylamid! - coming from Pelican_? Acrylamid has also support for metadata in the native format of Markdown, reStructuredText and even Pandoc. - support for translations (oh, and did I mention the language dependend hyphenation feature?). - a few HTML5 themes, see `Theming <http://posativ.org/acrylamid/theming.html>`_. - internal webserver with automatic compiling when something has changed. - assets management, including LESS_ and SASS_ conversion. - uni-directional PingBack support. - static site search. .. _YAML front matter: https://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/wiki/YAML-Front-Matter .. _Jekyll: http://jekyllrb.com/ .. _nanoc: http://nanoc.stoneship.org/ .. _LESS: http://lesscss.org/ .. _SASS: http://sass-lang.com/ what is missing
- No comments. You have to use Disqus, Isso or
.. _Disqus: http://disqus.com/ .. _Isso: https://github.com/posativ/isso .. _this approach: http://hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/blog/2011/07/19/static-comments-in-jekyll.html .. _Sphinx: http://sphinx.pocoo.org/latest/
easy_install -U acrylamid
This installs Acrylamid with Jinja2 as templating engine. For Mako use
easy_install -U acrylamid[mako]. This installs two additional but not
translitcodec. To get a list of
all supported modules, head over to
additional supported modules_.
If you rather use non-ascii characters, you're better off with:
easy_install -U acrylamid python-magic unidecode
.. _additional supported modules: http://posativ.org/acrylamid/installation.html#additional-supported-modules
Initialize the base structure, edit conf.py and layouts/ and compile with:
$ acrylamid init myblog # --mako, defaults to --jinja2 create myblog/conf.py ... $ cd myblog/ $ acrylamid compile && acrylamid view create [0.05s] output/articles/index.html create [0.37s] output/2012/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/die-verwandlung/index.html create [0.00s] output/tag/franz-kafka/index.html create [0.03s] output/atom/index.html create [0.04s] output/rss/index.html create [0.00s] output/sitemap.xml create output/style.css 9 new, 0 updated, 0 skipped [0.72s] * Running on http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Real World Examples?
- `Practicing web development <http://www.vlent.nl/>`_ – Mark van Lent [`source <https://github.com/markvl/www.vlent.nl>`__] - `mecker. mecker. mecker. <http://blog.posativ.org/>`_ – Martin Zimmermann [`source <https://github.com/posativ/blog.posativ.org/>`__] - `Groovematic <http://groovematic.com/>`_ – Isman Firmansyah [`source <https://github.com/iromli/groovematic>`__] - `Christoph Polcin <http://www.christoph-polcin.com/>`_ – Christoph Polcin [`source <http://git.christoph-polcin.com/blog/>`__, `theme <http://git.christoph-polcin.com/acrylamid-theme-bipolar/>`__] - `Knitatoms <http://knitatoms.net>`_ – Tom Atkins [`source <https://github.com/knitatoms/knitatoms.net>`__] - `blubee.me <http://blubee.me>`_ – Owen Hogarth [`source <https://github.com/teamblubee/http-blubee.me>`__] Commands -------- See `commands <https://posativ.org/acrylamid/commands.html>`_ for a detailed overview. :: $ acrylamid --help usage: acrylamid [-h] [-v] [-q] [-C] [--version] ... positional arguments: init initializes base structure in DIR compile compile blog view fire up built-in webserver autocompile automatic compilation and serving new create a new entry check run W3C or validate links deploy run task import import content from URL or FILE info short summary ping notify ressources optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -v, --verbose more verbose -q, --quiet less verbose -C, --no-color disable color --version show program's version number and exit Need Help? ---------- Join ``#acrylamid`` on Freenode_! If you found a bug, please report it on `GitHub Issues`_. The project has also a mailing list [Archive_], just send an email to ``[email protected]`` and you have subscribed . .. _Freenode: http://freenode.net/ .. _Github Issues: https://github.com/posativ/acrylamid/issues?state=open .. _Archive: http://librelist.com/browser/acrylamid/ How to contribute ----------------- Communication. Beside that, I am open for most enhancements, just two requirements: * resepect PEP-8 (max line length may vary, but use 80 as your soft limit and 100 as your hard limit; 105 for ugly ``if`` linebreaks though). * I prefer clear code (early return instead of nested else etc.) and concise variable (and configuration) names. Also: ``@[cached_]property`` is way better than `get_thing(self)`. Be aware, that the current master has been quite diverged from the PyPi release (legacy/0.7 branch). If you are going to fix a bug, branch off the legacy branch. On the other hand, if you want to contribute features, branch off the master branch, but expect things to be changed/broken/removed. The master branch features a 2.6/2.7/3.3 unified code base, please have a look at the ``acrylamid.compat`` module (e.g. `map`, `filter` etc).