These formulae provide multiple versions of existing packages, or newer versions of packages that are too incompatible to go in Homebrew/homebrew yet (Such as GnuPG21).
How do I install these formulae?
brew tap homebrew/versions and then
brew install <formula>.
If the formula conflicts with one from Homebrew/homebrew or another tap, you can
brew install homebrew/versions/<formula>.
You can also install via URL:
brew install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-versions/master/<formula>.rb
Please note that
homebrew/versions is currently in the process of major changes in what we support, how long for and on what basis.
Versions is not intended to be used for all and any old versions you personally require for xyz project; formulae submitted here should be expected to be used by a reasonable number of people and supported by contributors long-term.
You may wish to consider hosting your own tap for formulae you wish to personally support that do not meet the above standards.
You can read Homebrew’s Acceptable Formulae document here. There are some differences between Homebrew/homebrew and here:
- Versions formulae must not exceed +/-2 versions from the current stable release.
- Versions formulae usually do not have head or devel sections.
- Versions formulae can depend on other versions formulae.
- If copied from Homebrew/homebrew prior formulae please remove any deprecated options and fix any issues raised by
brew audit --strict.
- If a newer/older version exists in Homebrew/homebrew please add a
conflicts_withline, like this.
First, please run
brew update and
Second, read the Troubleshooting Checklist.
If you don’t read these it will take us far longer to help you with your problem.
man brew or check our documentation.
Code is under the BSD 2 Clause (NetBSD) license.