.. image:: https://readthedocs.io/projects/seqan/badge/?version=develop :target: https://seqan.readthedocs.io/en/develop?badge=develop :alt: Documentation Status
SeqAn - The Library for Sequence Analysis
What Is SeqAn?
SeqAn is an open source C++ library of efficient algorithms and data structures for the analysis of sequences with the focus on biological data. Our library applies a unique generic design that guarantees high performance, generality, extensibility, and integration with other libraries. SeqAn is easy to use and simplifies the development of new software tools with a minimal loss of performance.
The SeqAn library itself, the tests and demos are licensed under the very permissing 3-clause BSD License. The licenses for the applications themselves can be found in the LICENSE files.
Linux, Mac OSX, FreeBSD:
- GCC ≥ 4.9 [GCC ≥ 5 recommended]
- Clang/LLVM ≥ 3.5
- Intel Compiler ≥ 16.0.2 Windows:
- Visual C++ ≥ 14.0 / Visual Studio ≥ 2015
- Intel Compiler ≥ 16.0.3 / Visual Studio ≥ 2015u2
- Clang/C2 ≥ 3.8.0 / Visual Studio ≥ 2015u3 [experimental, requires CMake ≥ 3.6]
- 32bit and 64bit Intel/AMD officially supported
- 64bit is highly recommended and some parts of SeqAn are optimized for
AVX2instruction sets available on newer CPUs
- many other architectures, including ARM, PowerPC and Sparc64 work, but receive less testing and optimizations
To build tests, demos, and official SeqAn applications you also need:
- CMake ≥ 3.0 [CMake ≥ 3.4 recommended]
Some of the official applications might have additional requirements or work only on a subset of platforms.
Getting Started <http://seqan.readthedocs.io/en/master/Tutorial/GettingStarted>_
API Documentation (stable) <http://docs.seqan.de/seqan/master/>_
Mailing List <https://lists.fu-berlin.de/listinfo/seqan-dev#subscribe>_
GitHub Project (issues, source code) <https://github.com/seqan/seqan>_