gmusicapi: an unofficial API for Google Play Music
gmusicapi allows control of
Google Music <http://music.google.com>__ with Python.
.. code-block:: python
from gmusicapi import Mobileclient api = Mobileclient() api.login('[email protected]', 'my-password', Mobileclient.FROM_MAC_ADDRESS) # => True library = api.get_all_songs() sweet_track_ids = [track['id'] for track in library if track['artist'] == 'The Cat Empire'] playlist_id = api.create_playlist('Rad muzak') api.add_songs_to_playlist(playlist_id, sweet_track_ids)
gmusicapi is not supported nor endorsed by Google.
That said, it’s actively maintained, and powers a bunch of cool projects:
- alternate clients, including
one designed for the visually impaired <https://github.com/chrisnorman7/gmp3>,
a web-based jukebox which ships with its own server <https://github.com/chrisnorman7/jukebox>,
a command line client <https://github.com/christopher-dg/pmcli>,
a FUSE filesystem <https://github.com/EnigmaCurry/GMusicFS>, and
an Alexa skill <https://github.com/stevenleeg/geemusic>__
- library management tools for
syncing tracks <https://github.com/thebigmunch/gmusicapi-scripts>,
syncing playlists <https://github.com/soulfx/gmusic-playlist>, and
migrating to a different account <https://github.com/brettcoburn/gmusic-migrate>__
- proxies for media players, such as
gmusicproxy <http://gmusicproxy.net>__ and
gmusicprocurator <https://github.com/malept/gmusicprocurator>, as well as plugins for
Squeezebox <https://github.com/hechtus/squeezebox-googlemusic>__ and
- enhancements like
autoplaylists / smart playlists <https://autoplaylists.simon.codes>__
the usage docs <http://unofficial-google-music-api.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage.html#usage>__, which will guide you through installation and the available apis.
Once you’re up and running, you can explore the rest of the docs at http://unofficial-google-music-api.readthedocs.io.
If the documentation doesn’t answer your questions, or you just want to get
in touch, either
drop by #gmusicapi on Freenode
<http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=gmusicapi>__ or shoot me an email.
Status and updates
- February 2016: Python 3 support!
- September 2015: Google switched to a new music uploading endpoint, breaking uploading for outdated versions of gmusicapi.
- June 2015: Full mobileclient and webclient functionality was restored.
- May 2015: Limited mobileclient functionality was restored.
- April 2015: Google deprecated clientlogin, breaking both the webclient and mobileclient.
- November 2013: I started working fulltime at Venmo, meaning this project is back to night and weekend development.
For fine-grained development updates, follow me on Twitter:
Simon Weber <http://www.simonmweber.com>__.
Licensed under the 3-clause BSD. See LICENSE.