The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries. Official Link: Raspberry Pi Homepage
This list is a collection of tools, projects, images and resources conforming to the Awesome Manifesto
Contributions very welcome but first see Contributing
- Raspbian - The official supported Raspberry Pi OS, based on Debian and available as a lite version.
- NOOBS - New Out Of the Box Software, an easy OS installer for beginners.
- Ubuntu MATE - Ubuntu distribution for the Raspberry Pi based on MATE desktop.
- Snappy Ubuntu Core - Official (minimal) Ubuntu distribution for IoT.
- Windows 10 IoT Core - Windows 10 distribution for IoT.
- OSMC - Open Source Media Centre, based on Kodi.
- PiNet - System to manage Raspberry Pi classrooms.
- Risc OS - Non-Linux OS originated from the group that developed the ARM microprocessor.
- RuneAudio - Free and open source OS that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players.
- OpenELEC - Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center, a very lightweight Kodi build.
- HypriotOS - Minimal Debian-based operating system, optimized to run Docker.
- Kali Linux - Penetration Testing & Ethical Hacking Linux distro for ARM devices.
- RetroPie - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi.
- Alpine Linux - Security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox.
- Arch Linux ARM - Lightweight and flexible Linux distribution that tries to Keep It Simple.
- Volumio - Headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity.
- Recalbox - Drag & drop light-weight retro-gaming and media center on the Raspberry Pi.
- Lakka - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi built entirely on RetroArch.
- RasPlex - Plex client for the Raspberry Pi.
- chilipie-kiosk - Image which boots directly into full-screen Chrome, perfect for dashboards and build monitors.
- DietPi - Mimimal image designed to fit on a 2GB SD card, with tons of configurable settings and scripts.
- CentOS - CentOS on the Raspberry Pi.
- Minibian - Minimal Raspbian (lighter than Jessie Lite).
- BerryBoot - Bootloader/universal OS installer, with support to VNC and HDMI-CEC.
- PirateBox - Anonymous offline mobile file-sharing and communications system.
- OctoPi - Distribution for 3d printers.
- Kano OS - Open-source OS for exploration, creation, and play – free for Raspberry Pi and the new Pi 3.
- resinOS - open source OS to run Docker containers on embedded devices that’s been designed for reliability and proven in production.
- Fedora - Linux Fedora distribution built for the Pi.
- motionEyeOS - Linux distribution that turns a single-board computer into a video surveillance system.
- NextCloudPi - Nextcloud ready image based on Raspbian. Features Nextcloud 11 running on Raspbian 8, with PHP 7 and HTTP2 enabled Apache server.
- PiDeck - Small form factor DVS system allowing you to control digital music files with timecode vinyl.
- OpenWRT - OpenWrt is described as a Linux distribution for embedded devices for network management.
- PiBakery - The blocks based, easy to use setup tool for Raspberry Pi.
- ApplePi Bakery - macOS application to easily install/backup/restore images onto an SD card.
- Etcher - SD card burner app that is simple for end users, extensible for developers, and works on any platform.
- PiShrink - Bash script that automatically shrinks a pi image that will then resize to the max size of the SD card on boot.
- OpenVPN-Setup - Shell script to set up Raspberry Pi as an OpenVPN server.
- pi-gen - Tool used to create the raspberrypi.org Raspbian images. This can be used to create your own custom images with specific packages installed, etc.
- PiVPN - Simple, Flexible, and Managable single line install of OpenVPN Server for your Raspberry Pi.
- Network Presence Detector - Setup a Pi Zero to scan for devices on a WiFi network and use that to determine who is “home”.
- Resin Bridge - Simple application/repo to bridge a Raspberry Pi’s wlan0 interface to devices plugged into it over ethernet (eth0).
- WiFi config generator - Simple tool to generate wpa_supplicant.conf files with wifi settings
- Raspbian QEMU with network - Simple tool to launch QEMU on Raspbian with the required modifications on the system and kernel. Automatic network access. Handy to create images in your PC.
- RaspAP-webgui - A simple, responsive web interface to control wifi, hostapd and related services on the Raspberry Pi.
- Mini OONTZ - 3D printed mini MIDI controller.
- Power Sniffing Strip - Enclosure in a power strip, sniffing network data.
- Raspberry Pi Erlang Cluster - Erlang cluster on a Raspberry Pi 2.
- NTP driven Nixie Clock - Nixie Tube Clock powered by a Raspberry Pi.
- 40-node Raspberry Pi Cluster - Cluster aimed to be under the size of full tower desktop.
- Raspberry PI Hadoop Cluster - Big Data cluster running on the Raspberry Pi.
- Multi-Datacenter Cassandra on 32 Raspberry Pi’s - Showcase for the always on, fault tolerant nature of Cassandra using a Raspberry Pi cluster board.
- Building a Ceph Cluster on Raspberry Pi - Highly redundant and low power usage RADOS home storage solution.
- Smart Mirror - Voice controlled smart mirror with IoT integration.
- Magic Mirror - The original open source modular smart mirror platform.
- Door bot - Door bot that senses when a door is opened and sends you chat messages.
- Chromebook Charger Kiosk - Timed charging station for students using Chromebooks at school.
- Jasper - Flexible open source personal assistant.
- Lightberry - Led lighting solution dedicated for raspberry pi and your TV.
- SecPi - Raspberry Pi based home alarm system.
- PiClock - Fancy Clock built around a monitor and a Raspberry Pi.
- Garage Door Opener - Garage door opener using the Garage Opener app to control garage door.
- Movel - Raspberry Pi car computer.
- PiFanTuner - CPU-fan-tuner daemon, just enables your fan as necessary.
- SkyJack - Take over and allow full control over any Parrot AR Drone within wireless distance.
- Nerves Project - Craft and deploy bulletproof embedded software in Elixir.
- Wordpress using Docker - Run a Wordpress site in containers with dynamic DNS.
- Pi-hole - Black hole for internet ads.
- Planning lunch with a Slackbot on resin.io - Node.js Slackbot (lunchbot), hosted on Resin.
- Sonus - Node.js voice control for your Pi (and everything else) with customizable offline hotword detection.
- Sonic Pi - The Live Coding Music Synth for Everyone.
- Alexa AVS - Demonstration on using Alexa Voice Service with a Java client and Node.js server.
- Pi4j Project - Java I/O library the Raspberry Pi.
- Harry Potter and the real life Daily Prophet - Display mimicking the Daily Prophet from Harry Potter using a 7” Raspberry Pi display.
- PiScan - Makeshift Amazon Dash orders using a Raspberry PI + EAN scanner.
- PiE-Ink - E-ink nametag display running on a Pi Zero.
- Whispering Mirror - Interactive soundart installation using the Hifiberry DAC.
- clockOS - simple smart desktop clock using a Raspberry Pi display.
- Zelda Home Automation - Home automation based on sound recognition from notes played on an ocarina.
- Raspberry Pi and why do I need one? - Intro into the Raspberry Pi and what can be done with it.
- 10 Ways To Power - Information about different & correct ways to power the pi.
- Bridging Wifi to the Raspberry Pi over Ethernet - Set up tethered networking between macOS & Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi login with SSH keys - Password-less login for ssh sessions on the Raspberry Pi.
- How to setup a secure VPN server on Raspberry Pi or DigitalOcean - Simple, secure and detailed guide to setup VPN on your Raspberry Pi.
- Controlling Spotify with Slack and a Raspberry Pi - Node.js project to control Spotify & Slack with libspotify.
- Moonlight - Nvidia GameStream implementation to stream your full collection of Steam games from desktop to the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Zero: Programming over USB - Guide to boot and access a Raspberry Pi Zero over a USB cable without need of an ethernet/wifi connection, keyboard or screen.
- Use a Raspberry Pi with multiple WiFi networks - Tutorial on using a Raspberry Pi with multiple networks.
- Raspberry Pi Media Server Guides - Media Server and NAS tutorials from HTPC Guides.
- Turn the Raspberry Pi Zero into a mini dongle computer - Setup a pi0 to be able to ssh & vnc over USB.
- How To Make a Raspberry Pi Turn on a Lamp with iBeacon™ Technology - Good beginners-guide to working with Beacon technology.
- Build a $35 Time Capsule - Time Machine Backup Server.
- Raspberry Pi Game Console - How to Build a Raspberry Pi Retro Game Console for $35.
- Sending and Visualizing Thermal Data - Send thermal data to an easily-queryable database and visualize the results.
- Official Forum
- Official Blog
- Raspberry Pi Jam — Official conferences
- Reddit Projects
- eLinux Hub
Contribution guidelines can be found here