Awesome Geek Podcasts
A curated list of podcasts we like to listen to.
- ThoughtWorks - A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
- Thoughtbot - We record and release weekly podcasts from thoughtbot on design, Ruby on Rails, iOS, running software companies, and maintaining work/life balance.
- The Hanselminutes podcast - Fresh Air for Developers.
- This Developer's Life - A podcast about developers and their lives.
- Mind the Cloud Podcast - The podcast about the developers and companies using the cloud to create the future.
- Reply All - Reply All is a show about the internet.
- ShopTalk Show - Podcast about front end web design, development and UX.
- Developer Tea - Podcast for web and software developers hosted by a developer that you can listen to in less than 10 minutes.
- The Cognicast - The Cognicast previously ThinkRelevance: The Podcast is the podcast from the Cognitect family.
- Functional Geekery - Functional Geeks, Geeking Functionally.
- Ruby Rogues
- Ruby5 - The latest news in the Ruby and Rails community.
- The Laravel Podcast - The Laravel Podcast brings you Laravel and PHP development news and discussion.
- The Five-Minute Geek Show - Matt Stauffer, unabashedly geeky, 5 minutes, twice a week. Frontend dev, backend dev, audio, design, podcasts--all fair game.
- CodeNewbie Podcast - Stories from people on their coding journey.
- Coding Blocks - Software and Web Programming, security, best practices, Microsoft .NET and more.
- CodePen Radio - Co-founders of CodePen talk about the ins and outs of running a web software business.
- Talk Python to Me - Weekly podcast (30 minutes) that covers a wide array of Python topics.
- Podcast.init - A podcast about Python and the people who make it great.
- Nodeup - A Node.js Podcast.
- .NET Rocks! - The internet audio talk show for .NET developer with Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell.
- RunAs Radio - A weekly Internet Audio Talk Show for IT Professionals working with Microsoft products.
- Software Engineering Radio - The podcast for professional software developers.
- Cloudcast - Award-winning podcast on all things | Cloud Computing | AWS Ecosystem | OpenSource | DevOps | AppDev | SaaS | SDN
- GitMinutes - The show for proficient Git users.
- Radiolab - Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.
- TechStuff - TechStuff tackles topics ranging from basic electronics to the Large Hadron Collider and everything in between. TechStuff is dedicated to demystifying technology and its role in our society and culture.
- Fw:Thinking - It's about technology. It's about humanity. It's about our future. It's Fw:Thinking.
- FLOSS Weekly - Interviews with prominent guests from the free software/open source community.
- BSDTalk - Talking about the BSD family of free operating systems.
- BSDNow - A Weekly BSD Podcast - News, Interviews and Tutorials.
- CppCast - The first podcast by C++ developers for C++ developers.
- Harry Potter and the methods of rationality - This is an alternate universe story, where Petunia married a scientist. Harry enters the wizarding world armed with Enlightenment ideals and the experimental spirit.
- HardcoreHistory - In "Hardcore History" the very unconventional Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", outside-the-box way of thinking and applies it to the past.
- PHP Round Table - The PHP Roundtable is a casual gathering of developers discussing topics that PHP nerds care about
- The Life Scientific - Professor Jim Al-Khalili talks to leading scientists about their life and work, finding out what inspires and motivates them and asking what their discoveries might do for mankind.
- The Changelog - Open Source moves fast. Keep up. Releasing a new episode every Friday.
- React Podcast - Podcast about React.js
- Linux Outlaws - About anything that runs on Linux, about open source software on other platforms and many other things.
- The Linux Action Show - Podcast about Linux and Open Source.
- Creative Coding Podcast - about programming for visual and creative applications.
- The Web Ahead - Conversations with world experts on changing technologies and future of the web. The Web Ahead is your shortcut to keeping up.
- The Big Web Show - It's everything web that matters.
- Voices of the ElePHPant - Interviews with people that are making the PHP community special.
- Dev Discussions - Discussions over a wide variety of topics including functional programming, domain-driven design, and game development.
- /dev/hell - Chris Hartjes and Ed Finkler are trapped in Development Hell, where they talk mostly about PHP, web, their development experiences and also with special guests.
- That Podcast - Beau and Dave talking about life as dads, programmers, and entrepreneurs.
- Sound Of Symfony - The unofficial Symfony podcast.
- PHP Town Hall - Town Hall a way for PHP developers to raise questions about current events (or upcoming things) in the PHP community, with different guests each week.
- The Loosely Coupled Podcast - Jeff Carouth and Matt Frost combine their decades of experience as web developers to talk about developer life.
- Full Stack Radio - A podcast for developers interested in building great software products.
- Three Devs and a Maybe - Weekly discussion podcast on all things web development. Topics range from daily developer life, PHP, frameworks, testing, good software design and our experiences using many other programming languages.
- TTL Podcast - The TTL Podcast, hosted by Rebecca Murphey, features conversations with front-end developers at large organizations about how they do their jobs.
- DevelopersHangout - Two Developers talk about challeges, articles, news, books and other podcasts that came across their radar every 2 weeks. Laravel, PHP are two key topics, and other great podcasts like the ones listed above.
- Roots Radio - Roots Radio is a new podcast about the Roots tools, a chance for the Roots team to talk with some folks doing cool things with their own Roots related projects, and general banter about modern web development.
- The Music Makers - The best articles from around the web, curated and read to you.
- Tecnologicamente Arretado - Agilidade, arquitetura, linguagens e ativismo.
- Grok Podcast - Tecnologia, empreendedorismo, agilidade e muito mais.
- DatabaseCast - Primeiro podcast brasileiro sobre bancos de dados.
- Zone Of Front-Enders - Podcast com enfoque no desenvolvimento front-end da web.
- Hack n' Cast - Podcast about technology and Open Source/Free software
- Curto Circuito - Um bate-papo descontraído sobre tecnologia, nerdices e tudo o mais que a curiosidade pedir no melhor estilo "mesa de bar".
- PHP Do Jeito Certo - Notícias sobre as novidades do PHP para desenvolvedores experientes e iniciantes.
- PHPSPCast - O podcast do PHPSP, o primeiro podcast brasileiro sobre PHP.
- Python en español - Python en tu idioma
- CAChemE - Aplicaciones para ciencia e ingeniería (principalmente Python).
- Entre Dev y Ops - Podcast sobre DevOps y metodologías ágiles.
- WeDevelopers - Podcast de developers (algunos episodios en inglés / some podcasts in english).
- 85% Cocoa - Podcast sobre Cocoa y programación.
- Fallo de sistema - Programa de divulgación cientifica, ciencia ficción y videojuegos.
- A hombros de gigantes - Programa de divulgación científica.
- 5 minutos con Carlos Fenollosa - Micro-Podcast (5-10 minutos) de reflexiones sobre TIC
- RWPod - Podcast about world of Ruby and Web technologies.
- Radio-T - Podcast of weekend. Improvisation on the theme of IT.
- DevZen Podcast - Podcast about programming, IT and related topics.
- Razbor Poletov - Podcast about world of Java,technologies and software development.
- How to make games - Podcast about video games and video games industry.
- uWebDesign - Podcast about web-design, web-development and all IT-related stuff.
- RadioGeek - Yet another podcast for wandering geeks in the intersection of society and technology.
- Kodsnack - Weekly Swedish podcast about all things code, for coders. Hosted by Fredrik Björeman, Tobias Hieta and Kristoffer Grönlund, with occasional guests.
- Visual Studio Talk Show - French podcast talking about development with Microsoft technologies. Hosted by Mario Cardinal and Guy Barrette.
- Blogue Linux - French (Quebec) podcast talking about Linux technologies.
- GeekWeek - Weekly tech podcast hosted by Frederic Lardinois in the USA, Jean-Claude Frick in Switzerland und Marcus Schuler in Germany. Main topics are 'web' and 'mobile' news.
- Programmer life - Weekly tech podcast hosted by Tyr Chen in the silicon valley. Main topics are interesting github projects / hacker news topics and startups.
- http://antennapod.org (Android and Open Source)
- https://github.com/bottiger/SoundWaves (Android and Open Source)
- http://gpodder.org/ https://gpodder.net/ (Multi-plataform Open Source and Podcast Directory)
See CONTRIBUTING for info on how to contribute to this list.