Note This is the Vector fork of Velocity, created to incoprporate a bugfix from the community since it's useful for the Vector project.
You can order the Velocity book on Amazon!
WhatsApp, Tumblr, Windows, Samsung, Uber, and thousands of other companies rely on Velocity. Visit Libscore.com to see which sites use Velocity on their homepage.
Velocity UI pack (CDN):
npm install velocity-animate /
bower install velocity
Questions or Problems?
Ask on StackOverflow (make sure you add the
- 1.2.0: Custom tweens. Custom easings. "Finish" command. See commit log for more.
- 1.0.0: File name changed to
velocity.js. Read VelocityJS.org/#dependencies.
stopnow stops animations immediately (instead of only clearing the remainder of the animation queue). No other backwards-incompatible changes were made.
- Motion design: smashingmagazine.com/2014/06/18/faster-ui-animations-with-velocity-js
- Animating without jQuery: smashingmagazine.com/2014/09/04/animating-without-jquery
- Performance comparisons: davidwalsh.name/css-js-animation
- Workflow: css-tricks.com/improving-ui-animation-workflow-velocity-js
- CSS transitions are meant for simple interface flourishes.
- jQuery's $.animate() is slow and poorly-equipped for motion design.
- Velocity is a fast, feature-rich standalone alternative to jQuery's $.animate().