merb-core is a new branch of Merb (also referred to as merb-next or the 0.9 series) which aims to provide a stable, stripped down API for a future Merb 1.0 release.
This branch is based off the 0.5 release series but with significant rewrites.
Goals of this release:
- Stabilize the @public interface methods to provide for a more consistent application development experience.
- Remove features until nothing except a central application API is left
- Improve comments on methods using a standard documentation methodology as described in DOCUMENTATION_STANDARDS
- Separate the tests into two sections… “private” and “public”
- Public methods are methods tagged with @public that will be part of the standard, stable Merb API
- Private methods are implementation methods that might
- Implement a new render API
- Build more extensions to regain selected features when needed
To familiarize yourself with how a merb-core application might look, use merb-gen (from merb-more) to generate a few apps: $ merb-gen myapp # a “normal” merb app $ merb-gen myapp –flat # a flattened app $ merb-gen myapp –very-flat # a single-file app